Day One-Repubs launch attack on Social Security

1.1% and SS nnnnnnnever rears its ugly head again ..

Workers and their employers currently pay 6.2 percent of earnings up to $106,800 into the Social Security system, or a maximum of $6,622 each per year. Self-employed workers are required to pay 12.4 percent of pay up to the same cap. If the contribution rate were increased by 1.1 percent to 7.3 percent of earnings, Social Security’s projected deficit would be eliminated. Using this fix, a worker making $43,451 in 2010 would face a tax increase of $478 a year, or $9.19 a week, and the employer would face an identical increase.

$9 a damn WEEK ... keep your ass out of Starbucks , end of problem.

Source? Because I have to believe that if it were this simple, we'd already have done this.

12 Ways to Fix Social Security - US News

Workers and their employers currently pay 6.2 percent of earnings up to $106,800 into the Social Security system, or a maximum of $6,622 each per year. Self-employed workers are required to pay 12.4 percent of pay up to the same cap. If the contribution rate were increased by 1.1 percent to 7.3 percent of earnings, Social Security’s projected deficit would be eliminated. Using this fix, a worker making $43,451 in 2010 would face a tax increase of $478 a year, or $9.19 a week, and the employer would face an identical increase.

theres your source and 11 other ways to solve the problem ... yes, its that simple. Unfortunately nobody gives a shit just like I said.

G'day.

This one won't work Decrease the cost-of-living adjustment
The cost of living adjustment is what pays for rising cost of their health insurance.
It still keeps them at the same monthly payment each year, so they never see that cost of living adjustment.
Take away that increase and each year they will get less and less each year.
They can barely make ends meet as it is.

of course it won't ... you're smarter than the economists that say it will work.

They want to save SS you dim bulbs. It cannot continue the way it is and hating Republicans is a poor solution.

...kind of like in Vietnam, where our military told us that it was necessary to destroy a village, in order to save it.
Can you quote a source for that? I haven't heard a military spokesperson say it, just lampooning from the left, which becomes codified as fact in the liberal mind if it sounds good enough.

But it has zip to do with the discussion.

Google is your friend, Ice:

The Vietnam War Destroying the Village In Order to Save It

It would be one thing if your narrative was the truth,not once has the right said they want to eliminate ss thats the shit from the left,its about choice and choice only. I am better suited to make my financial choices my self,not some politician in DC NOW START BEING HONEST AND DROP THE ELIMINATION PART.
ps all propuse changes would have never affected older Americans,try again

So if you had retired in 2008, and forced to sell at that time because your income had ended, you would have been perfectly alright, in spite of the fact that your investment values had dropped by 50%.

Republican economics!
Choice not force thats your type of action,your post make little sense.
Who was going to force anyone to sell anything??
Got a 401 k?

Actually, my post makes perfect sense. If you find yourself retired, with no SS, and no income, then you would be forced to sell your investments at any price in order to eat, even in the Bush recession when stocks were down over 50% on value.

Your post, however, is almost totally incomprehensible.

I look forward to the demise of the GOP.

Ahahaha did you miss the historic ass kicking the GOP just put on the Democratic party? Talk about an epic rejection of Democrats and their godless liberal agenda. :laugh:

aaaaaaaahaaaa ! an idiot crawled out from under a rock STILL pounding his chest and being redundant !

It would be one thing if your narrative was the truth,not once has the right said they want to eliminate ss thats the shit from the left,its about choice and choice only. I am better suited to make my financial choices my self,not some politician in DC NOW START BEING HONEST AND DROP THE ELIMINATION PART.
ps all propuse changes would have never affected older Americans,try again

So if you had retired in 2008, and forced to sell at that time because your income had ended, you would have been perfectly alright, in spite of the fact that your investment values had dropped by 50%.

Republican economics!

Zactly what I was gonna say.

As it is, we lost money on our investments with the bush recession (which we have regained under the commie/muslim/kenyan) but our SS was not affected.

DUH.

Can you imagine how much better off your SS would have been if a portion of it had been privatized and put in the market in 2008? Or, is that too difficult.

Not difficult at all. I did exactly that, AND I have SS. Now imagine that you retired in 2008, lost your income, had no SS, and was forced to sell in 2008...or is that too difficult?

They want to save SS you dim bulbs. It cannot continue the way it is and hating Republicans is a poor solution.
Republicans have hate SS... They have called Communism thousands of times over... And now you want us to believe you want to save it?

How stupid do you think people are?
Almost everyone of them is smarter than you.

So you don't know me or what I do... You don't know my IQ or EQ but you presumed to say 'Almost everyone of them is smarter than you'

Right Einstein... What is 'Almost everyone of them' : IQ, EQ and the Level of Education, I would also like to see there individual achievements in the workplace and general life...

And by the way I test at Mensa level in IQ alone... Just to give you a tip on how smart 'Almost Everyone of them' has to be...

I suspect I might be talking to someone as dumb as a hammer...

What? Has Palin joined our thread?

Speaking of Palin, did you hear what she had to say about Trig standing on his special needs dog? She mentioned that at least he didn't eat a dog as Obama stated in his book that he did when he was growing up in Indonesia. She is light years ahead of you dipshits that call her dumb.

I'll keep that in mind the next time she gives us a history lesson on Paul Revere.

1.1% and SS nnnnnnnever rears its ugly head again ..

$9 a damn WEEK ... keep your ass out of Starbucks , end of problem.

Source? Because I have to believe that if it were this simple, we'd already have done this.

12 Ways to Fix Social Security - US News

theres your source and 11 other ways to solve the problem ... yes, its that simple. Unfortunately nobody gives a shit just like I said.

G'day.

This one won't work Decrease the cost-of-living adjustment
The cost of living adjustment is what pays for rising cost of their health insurance.
It still keeps them at the same monthly payment each year, so they never see that cost of living adjustment.
Take away that increase and each year they will get less and less each year.
They can barely make ends meet as it is.

of course it won't ... you're smarter than the economists that say it will work.

Of course it will work economists don't care what happens to them.
I'm telling you what would happen to the retired people if that happened.

Republicans have hate SS... They have called Communism thousands of times over... And now you want us to believe you want to save it?

So you don't know me or what I do... You don't know my IQ or EQ but you presumed to say 'Almost everyone of them is smarter than you'

Right Einstein... What is 'Almost everyone of them' : IQ, EQ and the Level of Education, I would also like to see there individual achievements in the workplace and general life...

And by the way I test at Mensa level in IQ alone... Just to give you a tip on how smart 'Almost Everyone of them' has to be...

Speaking of Palin, did you hear what she had to say about Trig standing on his special needs dog? She mentioned that at least he didn't eat a dog as Obama stated in his book that he did when he was growing up in Indonesia. She is light years ahead of you dipshits that call her dumb.

I'll keep that in mind the next time she gives us a history lesson on Paul Revere.

She was right about that you know.
The American Revolution against British Gun Control
The patriotic Boston Committee of Correspondence learned of the arms embargo and promptly dispatched Paul Revere to New Hampshire, with the warning that two British ships were headed to Fort William and Mary, near Portsmouth, New Hampshire, to seize firearms, cannons, and gunpowder. On December 14, 1774, 400 New Hampshire patriots preemptively captured all the material at the fort. A New Hampshire newspaper argued that the capture was prudent and proper, reminding readers that the ancient Carthaginians had consented to “deliver up all their Arms to the Romans” and were decimated by the Romans soon after.

stay tuned, the USMB think tank is in warp speed .... - mach 10

...kind of like in Vietnam, where our military told us that it was necessary to destroy a village, in order to save it.
Can you quote a source for that? I haven't heard a military spokesperson say it, just lampooning from the left, which becomes codified as fact in the liberal mind if it sounds good enough.

It isn't anybody else's job to back up your idiotic claims. The My Lai massacre was not military policy, Lt. Calley was convicted and it doesn't have anything to do with saving SS or your Republican derangement syndrome.

A funny way to save SS. But let's play, how can SS be saved?

BTW, the system of taxation is ridiculous. See this link and tell me how we can simplify the camel congress built, and get the horse we need.

Social Security History
My solution is to vote for people that get payed to solve the problems. Yours is to slander any opposition to running it in the red. It was designed for 30 people to pay for one retiree that lived on average 5 years after quitting work. Now there's three people paying for one retiree living much longer. It doesn't compute.

Social Security had been a thorn to Republicans since introduced and they have fought it tooth and nail. The problem Republicans have is that Social Security is well liked by the American people and many depend on it. Social Security has been expanded and is now part of American life. So how can Republicans kill Social Security and not lose votes? They tried their biggest gun, when introduced, calling it communism at that time, communism was a sure defeater of programs. (Communism has been used so much by the Republican party it has become almost ho-hum.) Republicans tried privatizing Social Security and that failed. So what are the latest plans Republicans have to kill the Social Security, or at least disable it so it can be called a failure?

Anyone who dares disagree with the right is automatically labeled a Commie.

Which proves the right has no clue what Communism was really about.

You truly are stupid

Social Security is SUPPOSED to be for the elderly who have paid in all their lives, not people who are too fucking sad to work a real job, or too fat, or whatever lame ass excuse millions come up with . SSI and disability should be cut completely.

It isn't anybody else's job to back up your idiotic claims. The My Lai massacre was not military policy, Lt. Calley was convicted and it doesn't have anything to do with saving SS or your Republican derangement syndrome.

Then why did you ask me for a source, Ice? It was obvious that you did not understand the point I was making, because you are probably not even old enough, or educated enough, to remember another famous example of our government destroying something in order to save it.

Last edited:
QUOTE="peach174, post: 10495673, member: 23262"]

[/QUOTE]She was right about that you know.
The American Revolution against British Gun Control
The patriotic Boston Committee of Correspondence learned of the arms embargo and promptly dispatched Paul Revere to New Hampshire, with the warning that two British ships were headed to Fort William and Mary, near Portsmouth, New Hampshire, to seize firearms, cannons, and gunpowder. On December 14, 1774, 400 New Hampshire patriots preemptively captured all the material at the fort. A New Hampshire newspaper argued that the capture was prudent and proper, reminding readers that the ancient Carthaginians had consented to “deliver up all their Arms to the Romans” and were decimated by the Romans soon after.[/QUOTE]

Peach, I hesitate to even mention to you the difference between what happened with Paul Revere's ride, and what Palin SAID happened to Paul revere's ride, since it is one of the dumbest interpretations of American history ever made by a polititian, and you, apparently don't even aunderstand why. However, in a nutshell, Sarah's version had it that PR was warning the British that we were going to be free, instead of warning the colonials that the British were coming. In Sarah's version, one can come to the conclusion that the British were so taken aback by PR riding around, ringin' those bells, and firing his single shot musket that they must have considered reboarding their ships because PR and his musket may have intimidated them:

Your defense of Sarah over this issue explains an awful lot about Palin worshipers. They don't have a clue.

Last edited:

Then why did you ask me for a source, Ice? It was obvious that you did not understand the point I was making, because you are probably not even old enough, or educated enough, to remember another famous example of our government destroying something in order to save it.
I asked you to back it up, you pretended that I was responsible for researching your claims. I took the time to look at your source and lo and behold, it didn't make your claim. Obviously you simply did a quick google search and thought it was a slam dunk.

What happened there was wrong, there was a big highly publicized trial about it and the perpetrator was convicted. It wasn't the government's idea.

And it still doesn't tie into the conversation no matter how badly you want to smear Republicans and associate them with a criminal act during war.

Ice, Please try to focus. The Right is posting that the republicans are trying to save SS. The OP, itself, states that funding is going to be cut off because nobody wants to cut benefits, and the GOP will not raise taxes. That being the case, the republicans are trying to "save" SS by destroying it, which is a phrase that I first heard from the US government in 1968 about why they destroyed a village in Vietnam. My god, Ice. Do I have to spell out every concept to you? Nobody is talking about Vietnam. My point is the blatant oxymoron that the republicans are caught up within.

Forum List

Back