Day One-Repubs launch attack on Social Security

SS is one of the most successful things this nation has ever done. It is now a part of the American way. It helps people make it from one week to the next. It needs to be protected into the distant future. Why anyone would "hate" it is bizarre.

It's broke... how is that in any way a success? You leftwing nutters slay me... you take abject failure and hold it up as success.

SS is one of the most successful things this nation has ever done. It is now a part of the American way. It helps people make it from one week to the next. It needs to be protected into the distant future. Why anyone would "hate" it is bizarre.

It's broke... how is that in any way a success? You leftwing nutters slay me... you take abject failure and hold it up as success.

it CAN be fixed .. idiots like you don't give a shit. RW's just walk the party line and spew rhetoric out both ends.

They want to save SS you dim bulbs. It cannot continue the way it is and hating Republicans is a poor solution.
Republicans have hate SS... They have called Communism thousands of times over... And now you want us to believe you want to save it?

How stupid do you think people are?
Almost everyone of them is smarter than you.

So you don't know me or what I do... You don't know my IQ or EQ but you presumed to say 'Almost everyone of them is smarter than you'

Right Einstein... What is 'Almost everyone of them' : IQ, EQ and the Level of Education, I would also like to see there individual achievements in the workplace and general life...

And by the way I test at Mensa level in IQ alone... Just to give you a tip on how smart 'Almost Everyone of them' has to be...

I suspect I might be talking to someone as dumb as a hammer...

They want to save SS you dim bulbs. It cannot continue the way it is and hating Republicans is a poor solution.
Republicans have hate SS... They have called Communism thousands of times over... And now you want us to believe you want to save it?

So you don't know me or what I do... You don't know my IQ or EQ but you presumed to say 'Almost everyone of them is smarter than you'

Right Einstein... What is 'Almost everyone of them' : IQ, EQ and the Level of Education, I would also like to see there individual achievements in the workplace and general life...

And by the way I test at Mensa level in IQ alone... Just to give you a tip on how smart 'Almost Everyone of them' has to be...

What? Has Palin joined our thread?

it is not the idea of SS that we hate.

It is how it is manipulated by the government without our consent that we hate.

Did you just wake up from a long sleep? Are you truly not aware of the concerns of the abuse of SS?

We do not know anyone's IQ on here......but their posts pretty much give us a round about idea.
Your post is that of a child or of an adult so consumed with unwarranted hate, it comes across as the thoughts of a child.

On Day One the new Congress launches an attack on Social Security - LA Times

"Well, that didn't take long.
As one of its first orders of business upon convening Tuesday, the Republican House of Representatives approved a rule that will seriously undermine efforts to keep all of Social Security solvent.
The rule hampers an otherwise routine reallocation of Social Security payroll tax income from the old-age program to the disability program. Such a reallocation, in either direction, has taken place
11 times since 1968, according to Kathy Ruffing of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

But it's especially urgent now, because the disability program's trust fund is expected to run dry as early as next year. At that point, disability benefits for 11 million beneficiaries would have to be cut 20%. Reallocating the income, however, would keep both the old-age and disability programs solvent until at least 2033, giving Congress plenty of time to assess the programs' needs and work out a long-term fix.

The procedural rule enacted by the House Republican caucus
prohibits the reallocation unless it's accompanied by "benefit cuts or tax increases that improve the solvency of the combined trust funds," as paraphrased by the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare.
In practical terms, the advocacy committee says, that makes the reallocation impossible; it mandates either benefit cuts across the board, which aren't politically palatable, or a payroll tax increase, which isn't palatable to the GOP. "

And so, the republicans, still intent on self destruction, immediately attack the strongest voter base in the USA.
A deadline concentrates the mind.

Social Security needs to be fixed. Either the benefits needs to be changed, or taxes need to be increased. The "can't do anything politically unpalatable" shit is killing us. I am sick and tired of politicians and their goddam pain avoidance schemes which just kick the can down the road to the next batch of low pain threshold politicians.

It's bullshit, and it has to end. Now.

Good on them for creating a fiscal cliff. They finally showed some balls. I'd like to see Boehner whip out his crank and piss on the third rail. That would be awesome.

Social Security is a big shit sandwich, and everybody has to take a bite.

Raise the eligibility age to 70. We are living far longer than our ancestors did, we should be working longer than they did.

1.1% and SS nnnnnnnever rears its ugly head again ..

Workers and their employers currently pay 6.2 percent of earnings up to $106,800 into the Social Security system, or a maximum of $6,622 each per year. Self-employed workers are required to pay 12.4 percent of pay up to the same cap. If the contribution rate were increased by 1.1 percent to 7.3 percent of earnings, Social Security’s projected deficit would be eliminated. Using this fix, a worker making $43,451 in 2010 would face a tax increase of $478 a year, or $9.19 a week, and the employer would face an identical increase.

$9 a damn WEEK ... keep your ass out of Starbucks , end of problem.

As one of its first orders of business upon convening Tuesday, the Republican House of Representatives approved a rule that will seriously undermine efforts to keep all of Social Security solvent.
The rule hampers an otherwise routine reallocation of Social Security payroll tax income from the old-age program to the disability program. Such a reallocation, in either direction, has taken place
11 times since 1968, according to Kathy Ruffing of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

But it's especially urgent now, because the disability program's trust fund is expected to run dry as early as next year. At that point, disability benefits for 11 million beneficiaries would have to be cut 20%. Reallocating the income, however, would keep both the old-age and disability programs solvent until at least 2033, giving Congress plenty of time to assess the programs' needs and work out a long-term fix.

prohibits the reallocation unless it's accompanied by "benefit cuts or tax increases that improve the solvency of the combined trust funds," as paraphrased by the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare.
In practical terms, the advocacy committee says, that makes the reallocation impossible; it mandates either benefit cuts across the board, which aren't politically palatable, or a payroll tax increase, which isn't palatable to the GOP. "

And so, the republicans, still intent on self destruction, immediately attack the strongest voter base in the USA.

Social Security needs to be fixed. Either the benefits needs to be changed, or taxes need to be increased. The "can't do anything politically unpalatable" shit is killing us. I am sick and tired of politicians and their goddam pain avoidance schemes which just kick the can down the road to the next batch of low pain threshold politicians.

Good on them for creating a fiscal cliff. They finally showed some balls. I'd like to see Boehner whip out his crank and piss on the third rail. That would be awesome.

Raise the eligibility age to 70. We are living far longer than our ancestors did, we should be working longer than they did.

Lift the cap.

Raising the eligibility does not guarantee that these people will be hired.

So they passed a rule preventing Democrats from playing Three Card Monty with the taxpayer's money. Yeah, I bet you Dims hate that.

I agree.

They need to put SS back where it was before LBJ put it in the general fund when he needed money for the Vietnam war. Those clowns have been robbing it ever since.

Put it back where it was so they can't continue to rob it.

Oh and believe me. If you could only take out exactly what you put in both SS and Medicare those programs would have both been gone long ago.

Personally I'd like all the money I have in both of those programs. I can take far better care of my money than some Clown in DC.

Seems to me that that ought to a look at all those folks claiming to be disabled to see if they really are disabled or are just gaming the system.

I know a few who are doing that right now and explain why we taxpayers are paying these folks??

Why are we taxpayers paying people because they are disabled?? Good question.

...kind of like in Vietnam, where our military told us that it was necessary to destroy a village, in order to save it.
Can you quote a source for that? I haven't heard a military spokesperson say it, just lampooning from the left, which becomes codified as fact in the liberal mind if it sounds good enough.

But it has zip to do with the discussion.

Seems to me that that ought to a look at all those folks claiming to be disabled to see if they really are disabled or are just gaming the system.

I know a few who are doing that right now and explain why we taxpayers are paying these folks??

Why are we taxpayers paying people because they are disabled?? Good question.

you cant draw disability without having enough work credits to qualify.

Mensa? Oh fuck, that's HILARIOUS. No way. No one with half a brain is going to accuse "the Republicans" as hateful because they want to fix something going over the cliff.

Obama destroyed the system by adding tens of millions to the ranks of the disabled.

Obama also threatened to withhold Social Security checks unless he got his way of his Brutal Sequester

you cant draw disability without having enough work credits to qualify.
I don't believe that's true, but beside the point. Disability has gone WAY up since obbie came on board. You don't think anyone is milking the system?

then educate yourself ...

Disability Planner How You Qualify For Social Security Disability Benefits

To qualify for Social Security disability benefits, you must first have worked in jobs covered by Social Security. Then you must have a medical condition that meets Social Security's definition of disability. In general, we pay monthly cash benefits to people who are unable to work for a year or more because of a disability.
Benefits usually continue until you are able to work again on a regular basis. There are also a number of special rules, called "work incentives," that provide continued benefits and health care coverage to help you make the transition back to work.
If you are receiving Social Security disability benefits when you reach full retirement age, your disability benefits automatically convert to retirement benefits, but the amount remains the same.

yeah SSD has gone up under this admin ... two words

BABY BOOMERS

Obama destroyed the system by adding tens of millions to the ranks of the disabled.

Obama also threatened to withhold Social Security checks unless he got his way of his Brutal Sequester

:cuckoo:

you're an idiot.

Forum List

Back