DC Protests Draw 2 Million

They said two million. They meant two dozen. Mistakes happen.

I blame the editor.

Well, maybe it was a bit more than two dozen. A couple hundred? A couple of thousand? Maybe tens of thousands?

Maybe more?

Fox News, which the right worship as a source on a daily basis said tens of thousands. Now all of a sudden, Republicans on this board are rejecting it, how dare they say something we don't agree with!

I'll take the word of likely all of the American news outlets, and the D.C. Fire Department over a website in the UK and some specific bloggers who are misleading about the 2 million number.
I'll go with official numbers. Do you have any?

Never mind. You don't. No one does. The District now depends on independent remote sensing studies of crowds for official numbers. It would be nice if some actually were aware of some things that we do in the nation's capital.

So in your zeal to attack those who claim it wasn't 2 million you also shoot down those who are trying to claim that it was 2 million. Thanks. LOL

How did that million man march work out anyways?
Not scaled but maybe it can help.

912m8illionman.jpg

ROFL.

2 Million now?

This is just funny as hell.

DC Fire Department's report?

But I guess the DCFD has a "political agenda" or some such BS...

Ame®icano;1516924 said:
How did that million man march work out anyways?
Not scaled but maybe it can help.

912m8illionman.jpg

Looks Photo Shopped on top. The road is much narrower, ans the Trees up top are so close together. Those issues aside, unless there is an issue with density appear more even. Same Street?

Last edited:
Seems like Americans are more united than the LSM, and some lefties would like LOL :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I am soooo freaking pumped. This is just the start, it was the warning shot to congress and the administration

DC Metro Police estimated the crowd at 2.4 million. :tongue:

Link. I agree with Radio that it definitely did not reach higher than 100,000. Though I have no reason to disbelieve the reports of 60,000 to 75,000. The organizers were only expecting 20 to 50,000.
LOL. The DC FD estimate of 60-70K is just for Pennsylvania Avenue. There's more to the District than Pennsylvania Avenue.

LOL did they all take different routes or did they follow one another along the same path that included pennsylvania avenue??

Last edited:

Protest Crowd Size Estimate Falsely Attributed to ABC News - ABC News

ABC News Was Misquoted on Crowd Size
ABC News Reported D.C. Rally Size in Tens of Thousands, Not 1M to 1.5M as Activist Said

Conservative activists, who organized a march on the U.S. Capitol today in protest of the Obama administration's health care agenda and government spending, erroneously attributed reports on the size of the crowds to ABC News.

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally Saturday that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as "tens of thousands."

ABC News Reported D.C. Rally Size in Tens of Thousands, Not 1M to 1.5M as Activist Said

Conservative activists, who organized a march on the U.S. Capitol today in protest of the Obama administration's health care agenda and government spending, erroneously attributed reports on the size of the crowds to ABC News.

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally Saturday that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as "tens of thousands."

He asked you for the link on DC Fire Dept data?

Ame®icano;1516989 said:

He asked you for the link on DC Fire Dept data?
yup that i did

:eusa_eh:

A democrat purported the 2 million number so when 2 million didn't show up, it would be considered a failure.

The organizers were only expecting 20,000 to 30,000. The fact that 60,000 to 70,000 showed up was beyond their expectations.

Seriously, Republicans for many are back to the old days of delusion (like during the Bush Administration) if they cannot simply look at the facts and accept them.
Ummm. So, Bobby, tell us. Have you ever been to the District? I ask because for some reason you seem to think that a protest covering the Mall, the Memorial Mall, Laf. Sq, the Hill, E St, and other areas is equivalent to Pennsylvania Avenue.

You keep playing the clown; I'll keep highlighting it.

WOW now that is just retarded. So your argument is that one has to have been to the area before they can offer an opinion based on the numbers that have been going around??

P.S. i have been there for "the march for women's lives" in 2004 and it seemed like a much larger crowd than what you righties are trying to talk up in this instance.

The DC Fire Department doesn't have the numbers on their website, they never do.

You can all them though. I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you.

The inflated BS numbers were attributed to ABC News as their source.

ABC News replied that they had reported 60-70 Thousand, as they were given this number by the DC Fire Department.

Forum List

Back