DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Conservatives want open access to unlimited cheap labor and zero regulations.
Well, the more people are under and unemployed the more Representatives you will get who will eat your heart out.

Wrong. As a Conservative I wish the cheap labor, for example illegals, would get the hell out. As for regulations, as long as it's for safety and health, good. Anything beyond that for control or to, as the Liberals say, create a level playing field, keep your nose out.

As for cheap labor, if a person has $8/hr skills and gets paid $8/hr, if you call that cheap labor, I don't have a problem with it. They are being paid at what the ones doing the funding have determined those skills are worth. If you don't like what a business pays someone and think those doing that type work deserve more, start a business and prove it. Otherwise, keep your damn out of where it doesn't belong. That goes for the government, too.

You don't believe in that. You want a free market in labor where labor costs can be reduced to the lowest the market can provide,

anywhere in the world, the US be damned.

Who the fuck are you asshole to tell me what I believe and don't believe. That's the problem with you fucking dumbasses. You think you know more than you do and don't mind showing your idiocy on a regular basis.

You want a market where when you believe someone deserves more than their skills are worth, the government should make a decision on how money that isn't theirs should be spent. You can deny that but you'd be a liar.

Free markets are a core conservative principle. If you disagree, go argue with conservatives, and in the process acknowledge that you agree with me.

I agree with you for the most part.
See Ricardo's definition of a Free Markets and the 7 facets that make it viable.
The US is violating at 2 of them which is why our economy sucks for millions.

The economy sucks for many because they offer nothing of value in the way of skills to be able to function in the economy. Not the market's or economy's fault. It's theirs.

Well, the more people are under and unemployed the more Representatives you will get who will eat your heart out.

Wrong. As a Conservative I wish the cheap labor, for example illegals, would get the hell out. As for regulations, as long as it's for safety and health, good. Anything beyond that for control or to, as the Liberals say, create a level playing field, keep your nose out.

As for cheap labor, if a person has $8/hr skills and gets paid $8/hr, if you call that cheap labor, I don't have a problem with it. They are being paid at what the ones doing the funding have determined those skills are worth. If you don't like what a business pays someone and think those doing that type work deserve more, start a business and prove it. Otherwise, keep your damn out of where it doesn't belong. That goes for the government, too.

You don't believe in that. You want a free market in labor where labor costs can be reduced to the lowest the market can provide,

Who the fuck are you asshole to tell me what I believe and don't believe. That's the problem with you fucking dumbasses. You think you know more than you do and don't mind showing your idiocy on a regular basis.

You want a market where when you believe someone deserves more than their skills are worth, the government should make a decision on how money that isn't theirs should be spent. You can deny that but you'd be a liar.

The Government should protect our nation from invaders, economic or otherwise.

The only ones calling what I support as an invasion are your kind and Liberals. It's hard sometimes to tell the difference since you both believe the same thing.

Yes or No...Anyone who hires an Illegal should be fined 35 hours * 7 Days * 52 Weeks * (Minimum Wage - $5.00 hour)

Yes or No...All Americans with advanced degrees are stupid and lazy and need to be replaced by Indian Business Visas

Yes or No...The only Americans who are intelligent are Business Owners and thus all Industries should be off-shored to our Totalitarian Ally China

By Republicans do you mean those willing to bend over and take one from the other side in order to come to some consensus? That's what your postings sound like. I don't do consensus as it is the absence of leadership. With consensus, stuff gets done that makes everyone feel good but it's stuff that no one really wants.

I support what I support because in the end, that's what you're going to do. The difference is when I do it, it's considered wrong but when others do the same thing, meaning Liberals, it's OK to them.

Free markets are a core conservative principle. If you disagree, go argue with conservatives, and in the process acknowledge that you agree with me.

I don't agree with incorrect assholes. I don't have a problem with cheap labor as long as they are legally here and being paid what their skills are worth. Like I said, if you have $8/hr skills and get paid $8/hr, no problem. Same goes for $5/hr skills or any wage. If the pay matches the skills, what's wrong with paying that amount. If people don't want low wages don't offer low skills.

You think people should be paid above their skill level. Agree or be considered a lying asshole as if people don't already consider you that.

Be specific.
WHO of the 3-4 million Americans replaced since 2000 are incompetent and if they were so incompetent how did the MNCs that hired them become successful by 2000?
I agree with you for the most part.
See Ricardo's definition of a Free Markets and the 7 facets that make it viable.
The US is violating at 2 of them which is why our economy sucks for millions.

The economy sucks for many because they offer nothing of value in the way of skills to be able to function in the economy. Not the market's or economy's fault. It's theirs.

I don't agree with incorrect assholes. I don't have a problem with cheap labor as long as they are legally here and being paid what their skills are worth. Like I said, if you have $8/hr skills and get paid $8/hr, no problem. Same goes for $5/hr skills or any wage. If the pay matches the skills, what's wrong with paying that amount. If people don't want low wages don't offer low skills.

You think people should be paid above their skill level. Agree or be considered a lying asshole as if people don't already consider you that.

WHO do I believe should be paid above their skill level...be precise.

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

Yes, denying them those jobs is definitely going to keep them off welfare. :slap:

Walmart agreed to put stores in the poor neighborhoods in order to get their stores elsewhere.

Now they are welching on their commitment.

To use a term Liberals often use to justify their own, it's called evolving. Don't like it, tough shit.

Do you support the federal minimum wage?

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

Yes, denying them those jobs is definitely going to keep them off welfare. :slap:

Walmart agreed to put stores in the poor neighborhoods in order to get their stores elsewhere.

To use a term Liberals often use to justify their own, it's called evolving. Don't like it, tough shit.

How does one evolve when one is subject to the effects of irrational MNC Legislation at a moments notice?

English please.

The only ones calling what I support as an invasion are your kind and Liberals. It's hard sometimes to tell the difference since you both believe the same thing.

Yes or No...Anyone who hires an Illegal should be fined 35 hours * 7 Days * 52 Weeks * (Minimum Wage - $5.00 hour)

Yes or No...All Americans with advanced degrees are stupid and lazy and need to be replaced by Indian Business Visas

Yes or No...The only Americans who are intelligent are Business Owners and thus all Industries should be off-shored to our Totalitarian Ally China

Not yes/no questions. I thought you didn't like the black or white scenarios. Liar.

I hate the concept of Minimum Wage.
I favor Education and Employment Opportunity.
I hate Legislation that sweeps Americans out of their careers because CEOs bribed a Representative.

I don't buy foriegn built goods, because they stationed troops around the store, and forced me to select and item to buy.

It's a choice. I choose to buy a superior quality good, at a lower price, by an act of my will.

By definition, it's an an "economic invader".

An example?

You really can't come up with one, out of the hundreds of examples?

Ok.

I normally buy Goodyear tires. This last time, I decided what quality of tire I was looking for, and the price I wanted to pay. Goodyear had a tire that fit the bill, but when I did some research, I found they had tons of problems. Everywhere I looked by ratings, terrible reviews, tires that broke or bulged, when flat, or lost tread in just a few years.

Hunting around, the next quality step up was $40 more per tire. Fail. Not paying that much.

Started looking at alternatives, found some Michelin tires, much better quality, slightly lower prices, endless positive reviews all over the place. Of course they were imported. Cheaper, better, imported. I bought them, and I'm happy thus far with the purchase.

Another example would be my cell phone. I bought a $70 Motorola phone. It was the worst pile of crap I have ever owned. Terrible. Had to send it in to be fixed, and it came back just as bad, or worse than I sent it. I have never owned any phone that wasn't Motorola. Usually they had decent phones, at what I thought was a decent price.

But every time I got a new phone, it had more problems than the one before. This one was the worst. So I decided to check out some alternatives. I finally settled on an HTC, Taiwan company, built in China. This phone is perfect for me. Does everything I want. Rarely ever have any problems. Much better battery life, and... $48.

Far better quality, at a much lower price.

Now don't get me wrong... I have plenty of American made stuff, that I am more than happy with. Not suggesting "American stuff is crap", or some-such nonsense.

But this Idea that it's the "Foreign Invaders! Forcing me to buy better stuff at a lower price".... no.... no no. Just stop getting your panties in a bunch with your Hitler-esk emotionalism. This is not an 'invasion'. People are building better products at better prices. People are choosing to improve their lives, with imported goods.

So manufacturing in China at a buck an hour proves that assembly line work is only worth a buck an hour?

Not yes/no questions. I thought you didn't like the black or white scenarios. Liar.

I question someone based upon their ability to think and express themselves.
These questions pertain DIRECTLY to Ricardo's definition of Free Trade.

How does one evolve when one is subject to the effects of irrational MNC Legislation at a moments notice?

Same way one evolves when he's running for office and suddenly decides to support same sex marriage despite having stated many times before he wasn't. Same way one evolves when he suddenly decides raising the debt ceiling is a good thing despite having said it was poor leadership when the other guy did it. Same way one evolves when he says 22 times he doesn't have the authority to do with immigration what he decides to do in order to pander to a specific group.

See how that work.

I hate Legislation that sweeps Americans out of their careers because CEOs bribed a Representative.

Name one American "swept out of their career" because a CEO bribed someone.

So manufacturing in China at a buck an hour proves that assembly line work is only worth a buck an hour?

That a business owner that does the paying deciding that something is worth whatever an hour makes it worth whatever an hour. Someone accepting a position knowing what the pay is is what makes it worth that amount.

I don't buy foriegn built goods, because they stationed troops around the store, and forced me to select and item to buy.

It's a choice. I choose to buy a superior quality good, at a lower price, by an act of my will.

By definition, it's an an "economic invader".

An example?

You really can't come up with one, out of the hundreds of examples?

Ok.

I normally buy Goodyear tires. This last time, I decided what quality of tire I was looking for, and the price I wanted to pay. Goodyear had a tire that fit the bill, but when I did some research, I found they had tons of problems. Everywhere I looked by ratings, terrible reviews, tires that broke or bulged, when flat, or lost tread in just a few years.

Hunting around, the next quality step up was $40 more per tire. Fail. Not paying that much.

Started looking at alternatives, found some Michelin tires, much better quality, slightly lower prices, endless positive reviews all over the place. Of course they were imported. Cheaper, better, imported. I bought them, and I'm happy thus far with the purchase.

Another example would be my cell phone. I bought a $70 Motorola phone. It was the worst pile of crap I have ever owned. Terrible. Had to send it in to be fixed, and it came back just as bad, or worse than I sent it. I have never owned any phone that wasn't Motorola. Usually they had decent phones, at what I thought was a decent price.

But every time I got a new phone, it had more problems than the one before. This one was the worst. So I decided to check out some alternatives. I finally settled on an HTC, Taiwan company, built in China. This phone is perfect for me. Does everything I want. Rarely ever have any problems. Much better battery life, and... $48.

Far better quality, at a much lower price.

Now don't get me wrong... I have plenty of American made stuff, that I am more than happy with. Not suggesting "American stuff is crap", or some-such nonsense.

But this Idea that it's the "Foreign Invaders! Forcing me to buy better stuff at a lower price".... no.... no no. Just stop getting your panties in a bunch with your Hitler-esk emotionalism. This is not an 'invasion'. People are building better products at better prices. People are choosing to improve their lives, with imported goods.

Foreign Invaders are Business Visas inundating our shores based on CEOs seeking cheaper labor.
Are American Accountants and Attorneys really so incompetent as Senate Bill S744 says they are?

Name one American "swept out of their career" because a CEO bribed someone.

Are you fucking kidding?
Over 3 million Programmers, Engineers, College professors, Doctors.
Yes, Doctors being brought in by MBAs running hospitals and Clinics.
Where the hell do you live? In a cave?

Forum List

Back