DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

You have my sympathies.

I personally prefer Costco...
Aluminum pans of superior quality 30 lasagna panes for $5.95.
Professional Size Aluminum foil for $11.00 lasts for months.
Top quality Paper plates, cups...great prices and last for months.

Yeah, big box stores, there is the ticket, screw the small businesses in the area.
You mean the fact that I will ONLY...
fill up my tank by the neighborhood gas station
get my hair cut at the local barber
buy my groceries at the SAME market
go to the same Cleaners, and
am loyal to my local small stores that DON'T provide the 8 items I get at Costco?

No, I'm not a pig Conservative like you who doesn't give a sh!t that America's being destroyed piece by piece as long as MY Portfolio swells.
And yes, I have read enough of your postings to know where you're coming from.

Just like you son, I give a shit about me. If you say otherwise, you're either trying to fool yourself, a liar, or some combination of both.

I give a sh!t about the world, each piece of it according to it's potential.
Where there's no potential, I don't give a darn.
The US has potential, not that Conservatives give a crap.
Republicans do give a crap.

By Republicans do you mean those willing to bend over and take one from the other side in order to come to some consensus? That's what your postings sound like. I don't do consensus as it is the absence of leadership. With consensus, stuff gets done that makes everyone feel good but it's stuff that no one really wants.

I support what I support because in the end, that's what you're going to do. The difference is when I do it, it's considered wrong but when others do the same thing, meaning Liberals, it's OK to them.

Liberals are idiots; the problem is what's a Liberal?
Anyone who digresses from your POV even an iota.

Yeah, big box stores, there is the ticket, screw the small businesses in the area.
am loyal to my local small stores that DON'T provide the 8 items I get at Costco?

No, I'm not a pig Conservative like you who doesn't give a sh!t that America's being destroyed piece by piece as long as MY Portfolio swells.

Just like you son, I give a shit about me. If you say otherwise, you're either trying to fool yourself, a liar, or some combination of both.

By Republicans do you mean those willing to bend over and take one from the other side in order to come to some consensus? That's what your postings sound like. I don't do consensus as it is the absence of leadership. With consensus, stuff gets done that makes everyone feel good but it's stuff that no one really wants.

I support what I support because in the end, that's what you're going to do. The difference is when I do it, it's considered wrong but when others do the same thing, meaning Liberals, it's OK to them.

Conservatives want open access to unlimited cheap labor and zero regulations.
Well, the more people are under and unemployed the more Representatives you will get who will eat your heart out.

Wrong. As a Conservative I wish the cheap labor, for example illegals, would get the hell out. As for regulations, as long as it's for safety and health, good. Anything beyond that for control or to, as the Liberals say, create a level playing field, keep your nose out.

As for cheap labor, if a person has $8/hr skills and gets paid $8/hr, if you call that cheap labor, I don't have a problem with it. They are being paid at what the ones doing the funding have determined those skills are worth. If you don't like what a business pays someone and think those doing that type work deserve more, start a business and prove it. Otherwise, keep your damn out of where it doesn't belong. That goes for the government, too.

Liberals are idiots; the problem is what's a Liberal?
Anyone who digresses from your POV even an iota.

It's easy to distinguish the Liberals from others. All one has to do is read what they write and listen to what they say. As for moderates, I've figured them out. They're the fence riding, wishy-washy kind. They sit in the middle so when either side wins they can claim they supported that side and slide just a little bit off center to make it appear that way. They can't be trusted because you can't count on them with certainty.

Well, the more people are under and unemployed the more Representatives you will get who will eat your heart out.

Wrong. As a Conservative I wish the cheap labor, for example illegals, would get the hell out. As for regulations, as long as it's for safety and health, good. Anything beyond that for control or to, as the Liberals say, create a level playing field, keep your nose out.

As for cheap labor, if a person has $8/hr skills and gets paid $8/hr, if you call that cheap labor, I don't have a problem with it. They are being paid at what the ones doing the funding have determined those skills are worth. If you don't like what a business pays someone and think those doing that type work deserve more, start a business and prove it. Otherwise, keep your damn out of where it doesn't belong. That goes for the government, too.

You don't believe in that. You want a free market in labor where labor costs can be reduced to the lowest the market can provide,

anywhere in the world, the US be damned.

You don't believe in that. You want a free market in labor where labor costs can be reduced to the lowest the market can provide,

Who the fuck are you asshole to tell me what I believe and don't believe. That's the problem with you fucking dumbasses. You think you know more than you do and don't mind showing your idiocy on a regular basis.

You want a market where when you believe someone deserves more than their skills are worth, the government should make a decision on how money that isn't theirs should be spent. You can deny that but you'd be a liar.

In most of his postings Conservative does indeed conform with your posting.
My goal in life is to jog people in consciousness.
Why don't we save Conservative's posting for future reference.

Who the fuck are you asshole to tell me what I believe and don't believe. That's the problem with you fucking dumbasses. You think you know more than you do and don't mind showing your idiocy on a regular basis.

You want a market where when you believe someone deserves more than their skills are worth, the government should make a decision on how money that isn't theirs should be spent. You can deny that but you'd be a liar.

The Government should protect our nation from invaders, economic or otherwise.

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

In case you are unaware no small business filled that gap in D.C. you idiot.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

This is the sort of post one expects from MSNBC viewers.

The rest of the story:

"So, yes, the staff at WalMart do get that $6.2 billion in aid (let’s not quibble about the way they’ve calculated the figure). But now we’ve got to try and work out whether it’s a subsidy to WalMart or not? In order to do this think of if WalMart did not exist. Would those people still be getting $6.2 billion in aid? They would be, as the unemployed, getting Medicaid, school lunches, breakfast, Section 8 vouchers and so on. So, it’s not a subsidy to WalMart at all as the existence or not of WalMart doesn’t change the amount paid.
Actually, we can go further, these people would be getting more taxpayer money if WalMart didn’t exist. So the existence of WalMart reduces, not increases the amount of taxpayer money that has to be spent.

.... the EITC. This is a welfare payment that you only get if you are in work and your wages are low. This is indeed a subsidy to the employers. Indeed, it’s designed that way, to increase the wages that are received by the workers at no cost to the employer. Precisely to increase the incentive to go to work rather than just stay at home: that is, to overcome the effects of that rise in the reservation wage from the existence of the welfare system. Fantastical Nonsense About WalMart, The Waltons And $7.8 Billion In Tax Breaks

And actually I do want to quibble about how they MADE UP that number.

$6.2 Billion dollars in aid! Whatever!

You people on the left... how do you think they came up with that? You think they did a survey? You think they asked every single employee of Walmart, how much they were paid? And how much they collected in government assistance?

Here's the reality. They ESTIMATED how many people at Walmart would qualify for government assistance, based on the ESTIMATED wages that people earned in each position.

They then ASSUMED that each person would qualify for every single government assistance program. This ASSUMES they were living alone.... ASSUMES they have kids.... ASSUMES they qualify for each and every single government program.

None of which is even remotely based on reality.

You just ASSUME that every girl working at Walmart, has kids and qualifies for WIC? You just ASSUME every person there is living separately? You ASSUME none of them are married have a spouse who is working, drawing income that would disqualify them from government assistance? You ASSUME people are getting Obama phones, when they could have a private service, with a better phone, and data services?

What if the guy working there lives at home with his parents still, and is just doing the Walmart job while he goes through college? He would qualify for almost none of those government assistance.

But those are 'facts'. Left-wing doens't do 'facts'. Left-wing does emotional freakout... facts need not apply.

Ignorant leftard: "Gah evil rich wealthy corporation capitalist dogs are forcing the government give aid to employees because I'm retarded and don't look at the facts!" Yeah, go live in your communist Utopian mythical world....

liberal_idiot.jpg

Your goal in life should be to become the best worthless moderate you can be. You're on your way there already.

I don't buy foriegn built goods, because they stationed troops around the store, and forced me to select and item to buy.

It's a choice. I choose to buy a superior quality good, at a lower price, by an act of my will.

By definition, it's an an "economic invader".

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

The rest of the story:

"So, yes, the staff at WalMart do get that $6.2 billion in aid (let’s not quibble about the way they’ve calculated the figure). But now we’ve got to try and work out whether it’s a subsidy to WalMart or not? In order to do this think of if WalMart did not exist. Would those people still be getting $6.2 billion in aid? They would be, as the unemployed, getting Medicaid, school lunches, breakfast, Section 8 vouchers and so on. So, it’s not a subsidy to WalMart at all as the existence or not of WalMart doesn’t change the amount paid.
Actually, we can go further, these people would be getting more taxpayer money if WalMart didn’t exist. So the existence of WalMart reduces, not increases the amount of taxpayer money that has to be spent.

.... the EITC. This is a welfare payment that you only get if you are in work and your wages are low. This is indeed a subsidy to the employers. Indeed, it’s designed that way, to increase the wages that are received by the workers at no cost to the employer. Precisely to increase the incentive to go to work rather than just stay at home: that is, to overcome the effects of that rise in the reservation wage from the existence of the welfare system. Fantastical Nonsense About WalMart, The Waltons And $7.8 Billion In Tax Breaks

You people on the left... how do you think they came up with that? You think they did a survey? You think they asked every single employee of Walmart, how much they were paid? And how much they collected in government assistance?

Here's the reality. They ESTIMATED how many people at Walmart would qualify for government assistance, based on the ESTIMATED wages that people earned in each position.

They then ASSUMED that each person would qualify for every single government assistance program. This ASSUMES they were living alone.... ASSUMES they have kids.... ASSUMES they qualify for each and every single government program.

You just ASSUME that every girl working at Walmart, has kids and qualifies for WIC? You just ASSUME every person there is living separately? You ASSUME none of them are married have a spouse who is working, drawing income that would disqualify them from government assistance? You ASSUME people are getting Obama phones, when they could have a private service, with a better phone, and data services?

What if the guy working there lives at home with his parents still, and is just doing the Walmart job while he goes through college? He would qualify for almost none of those government assistance.

But those are 'facts'. Left-wing doens't do 'facts'. Left-wing does emotional freakout... facts need not apply.

Ignorant leftard: "Gah evil rich wealthy corporation capitalist dogs are forcing the government give aid to employees because I'm retarded and don't look at the facts!" Yeah, go live in your communist Utopian mythical world....

liberal_idiot.jpg

Straw man...possibilities don't matter as many Walmart employees may be too proud to apply for aid. The issue is Walmart's Business Model is BASED upon the presumption that their employees will apply for Tax Payer subsidies,.

Your goal in life should be to become the best worthless moderate you can be. You're on your way there already.

I hope you took your Blood Pressure medication today as you are resorting to ad hominems.

Free markets are a core conservative principle. If you disagree, go argue with conservatives, and in the process acknowledge that you agree with me.

I don't buy foriegn built goods, because they stationed troops around the store, and forced me to select and item to buy.

It's a choice. I choose to buy a superior quality good, at a lower price, by an act of my will.

By definition, it's an an "economic invader".

An example?

Free markets are a core conservative principle. If you disagree, go argue with conservatives, and in the process acknowledge that you agree with me.

I agree with you for the most part.
See Ricardo's definition of a Free Markets and the 7 facets that make it viable.
The US is violating at 2 of them which is why our economy sucks for millions.

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

In case you were unaware, Indeependent would prefer to have people unemployed than doing jobs or working for companies of which he dispapproves.

The rest of the story:

liberal_idiot.jpg

Straw man...possibilities don't matter as many Walmart employees may be too proud to apply for aid. The issue is Walmart's Business Model is BASED upon the presumption that their employees will apply for Tax Payer subsidies,.

No. You put in place a system of subsidies, and then when people take advantage of the system you put in place, then "that was their business model".

Bull crap. You hire me to mow your lawn, and we agree to a price $30 a mow. Then the government creates a program that all lawn mowing people who earn less than $40 a mow, get subsidized. "Well you clearly created a business model to exploit the subsidy"... now the idiots on the left created the subsidy, and people use it.

Walmart didn't create the subsidy. You die. Not Walmart. You can't blame others for what *YOU* did. That's like "It's the police officers fault for shooting me before I stole his gun". Stupidity sir. Plain stupid.

And moreover, like any business, if you try and force Walmart to pay higher wages, they simply won't pay wages at all. Before the minimum wage hike in 2007, the average Walmart store had 330 employees, and now after the minimum wage hikes, the average number of employees per store is 280.

What happen to those 50 people per store? They are unemployed. How much subsidies are they getting now, with a wage of ZERO?

Idiotic arguments. Just dumb as a brick.

The only ones calling what I support as an invasion are your kind and Liberals. It's hard sometimes to tell the difference since you both believe the same thing.

In case you were unaware, Indeependent would prefer to have people unemployed than doing jobs or working for companies of which he dispapproves.

Ooh, I see you read all of my posts in this Thread...NOT!!!
Pass Go and collect your "Cecilie1200 is yet another knee-jerk Conservative a$$hole who didn't read all of Independent's postings in this Thread".

Forum List

Back