🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dear Boomers.

Don't you think though that metal and rock is better than disco?

I remember a rock/metal station broadcast out of Annapolis who was called WHVY 103.1 the underground and one of their slogans i think was 'disco sucks"
I love classic rock/hard rock.
But the point that I was making is that Disco Music is better than Rap music.
Disco Music had some great songs and singers.
They could sing without autotune.
Today's pop music seems stale.

I love classic rock/hard rock.
But the point that I was making is that Disco Music is better than Rap music.
Disco Music had some great songs and singers.
They could sing without autotune.
Today's pop music seems stale.

I mostly like classic rock/classic heavy metal(think bands like Iron Maiden/Judas Priest/Black Sabbath),Gothic metal,symphonic metal,Power metal.

I feel though that black metal was a mistake.

black metal is like death metal, but the growling is croakier and the songs have lo-fi production quality that sounds like it was recorded out of someone's garage or room and often anti religion or evil lyrics.

Last edited:
I was born an old man. Yeah, I did the things kids did, but I wasn't "into" it all. I had other callings, I just didn't have any outlet for them. So that made me "rebellious" early in my childhood. The biggest "rebellious" thing I did was instantly do something I was told I could not do. You did NOT tell me I couldn't do something........I'd do it immediately and usually in front of your face.

Yes, I was punished a lot, but you could just NOT tell me I could not do something. Now saying "no" to me was different. I understood the difference between yes and no and maybe. But the phrase "you can't do that"..........well now, I'll show YOU what I can and cannot do!!! It was an immediate response, and it was actually an involuntary response. I didn't think about it, I didn't plan it, it just HAPPENED!

I still get in trouble sometimes, because someone tells me "you can't do that", and it's just second nature to me to do it.

There weren't any outlets for kids back then. We didn't have the privilege's and powers kids today have, with all the different things geared for kids' learning. If a kid said he wanted to be a lawyer, people just giggled and said "aw, isn't that cute" and went on their way. Nobody sat the kid down and told him what he needed to become a lawyer, and needed to read books on law, psychology, and such. Not like it is today.

We, as kids from the 50's thru the 80's didn't have the extreme advantage of the internet.

You can learn anything you want for free nowadays, online. ANYTHING!!!! And yet, the generations are backsliding and devolving and getting more ignorant and stupid every day!!!

Because of the internet and instant access to the world, the USA should have the smartest kids on the planet, not the most retarded!! But thats not how the Dems and Libs want it.
So.........we are having to deal with brainless, braindead, empty headed narcissists and psychopaths everyday, instead of scholars and fanatics of knowledge and learning.

nice night for a walk

Forum List

Back