Dear Liberals: I Want a Divorce!

I have read the Divorce Agreement and. . .

• I mostly agree

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • I don't want a divorce

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I have suggested some practical amendments

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Pull out guys, this one's totally fucking loony. Can't even see that the filibuster is the problem.

Hey, idiot, the fact that you keep blaming EVERYTHING on Liberals shows that you are not worthy conversing with on any level. At least I can admit that Reid should at least be putting the bills up to a vote.

GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

You're the problem with this country. You are. Not the politicians. Idiots like you who'd rather seriously and genuinely believe that your side is the side who has done everything right, and the other has done nothing wrong than be actually honest about it.

I'm not surprised. You're probably also one of those "The Bible is the word of God" morons too, right? Yay Dogma!

The problem as I see it with these two posts is that you are doing exactly what you accuse us of doing. You keep blaming everything on conservatives and you seem to genuinely believe that liberals are completely innocent of the troubles this nation is facing.
you who'd rather seriously and genuinely believe that your side is the side who has done everything right, and the other has done nothing wrong than be actually honest about it

And did you mean to say? "you who'd rather seriously and genuinely believe that your side is the side who has done everything right, and the other has done everything wrong than be actually honest about it".

Look back at your posts in this thread... have you once admitted that liberals might be even slightly to blame for the condition this country is in? Even a hair's breadth?

Immie

I believe Liberals are to blame for the state of the nation because we haven't fought hard enough for what we want. You are right that I meant to say that she is claiming only Conservatives are the ones who do what's best for the country.

However, when I said "You're the problem with this country. You are. Not the politicians. Idiots like you..." I wasn't referring to all Conservatives. I was referring to this specific poster.

I believe Liberals are to blame for the state of the nation because we haven't fought hard enough for what we want. You are right that I meant to say that she is claiming only Conservatives are the ones who do what's best for the country.

However, when I said "You're the problem with this country. You are. Not the politicians. Idiots like you..." I wasn't referring to all Conservatives. I was referring to this specific poster.

But, you referred to people like her who blame the other side and refuse to acknowledge that their side shares any blame for our problems. Don't you see that in that regard, you are just as guilty as she is. You're doing exactly what you accuse her of doing.

I'm not calling either one of you idiots, because I don't believe either of you are, but you appear to be doing the same thing that she is doing.

Your "I believe" statement is a cop out and doesn't accept any blame for the condition of this nation. It really lays all the blame on conservatives.

It is sort of like saying, "I'm sorry that you think I insulted you". In that case, you're not apologizing for insulting someone at all. Your "I believe" statement is not taking any blame for the problems we face.

Immie

No, it's really not the same thing at all. People like her, who choose to blame only Liberals, they are to blame. And if there are Liberals who do nothing but blame Conservatives, they are really just like her, but on the other side of the aisle. But I do take quite an exception to being told basically that our moral compass is the fucked up one.

If the 'her' is me, I havent blamed anybody. I am dealing with concepts that I see as positive and those I see as negative. I have been fully aware and have clearly stated that conservatives make mistakes, get it wrong, screw things up, and fight about how to do things. We, being inperfect people, will continue to do so.

But I see liberalism as incompatible in every way with conservatism, and incapable of creating the kind of country I want to live in. Incapable of existing in the country the Founders envisioned and gave to us.

So rather than one of us losing and the other getting his/her way, how much better to just split up the common property and each of us go our separate way and do our own thng.

An amicable no fault divorce is the only real solution.

Yeah, because why bother even trying to compromise, right?

Idiot.

There is nothing to compromise with. So far you liberals have done nothing but complain and whine that the thread exists and/or ralate all the terrible things that you think about conservatives and conservatism. Further your group has denied, ridiculed, or callled a lie every single definition we have offered and our point of view in every respect of conservatism. Not one of you has even been able to grasp the concept of the excercise, let alone get into the spirit of it by relating a single concept of liberalism that you think is worth preserving.

If we cannot even agree on definitions, if you reject the history as we understand it, if you refuse to even grasp the concept of the exercise, what is there to compromise with?

No, I think an amicable, no fault divorce is our only option. You might change my mind with some kind of coherant, intelligent, argument defining why you think modern day American liberalism is worth preserving, but frankly I've not met a liberal on USMB who was able to do that.

Why is modern liberalism worth preserving?

So gay people can get married.
So Health Care reform sticks.
So women keep their right to choose.
So women will one day actually be paid equitably.
So science will keep driving forward.
So actually Progress can happen.

And I'm done with you.

And I'm done with you.

Modern Liberalism is worth preserving so that one day it may be studied by rational human beings...
AAAADLGvhX0AAAAAALbl-Q.jpg

And I'm done with you.

And what of those things are you willing to compromise on?

Could you allow the traditional definition of marriage to stand and add civil unions for those who cannot or choose not to marry under the standard defintion? Or leave it to the states decide? Conservatives could compromise on that.

Are you willing to return healthcare to free market principles? Conservatives won't compromise on that but we surely can compromise on what regulation might be necessary.

Are you willing to work out abortion laws that protect life as well as a woman's right to choose? Conservatives already consistently compromise on that.

Are you willing to let the free market set wages for everybody? Conservatives can work out compromises on that.

Science moved forward quite well before modern American liberalism manifested itself, so we'll have to talk about that more. Conservatives will compromise on anything reasonable.

Progress was happening right along before modern American liberalism was introduced to the culture, so you'll have to be more specific about where you see the compromises are needed.

No, it's really not the same thing at all. People like her, who choose to blame only Liberals, they are to blame. And if there are Liberals who do nothing but blame Conservatives, they are really just like her, but on the other side of the aisle. But I do take quite an exception to being told basically that our moral compass is the fucked up one.
Do You get the feeling she's been through a few nasty divorces and wants to make everyone else as miserable as she is?

I just wonder when she's going to stop blaming her problems on others, take some personal responsibility, and move out into the wilderness to take care of herself with no help from the government.

Do You get the feeling she's been through a few nasty divorces and wants to make everyone else as miserable as she is?

Yes. Exactly. Sort of like my mother-in-law.

Ah, so just as soon as we get into specifics again, you liberals have nothing. So you again turn your focus on me, the evil conservative, and start spouting the insults.

PSST. I have not blamed anybody. I have been completely clear that conservatives had made mistakes and will continue to do so.

I have yet to see a single liberal even question liberal policies or suggest that they've gotten anything wrong but all of you have accused and blamed cosnervatism plenty.

Nor have I gone through any kind of divorce, nasty or otherwise.

But, as you all continue to reinforce, due to the irreconcilable differences in our respecive philosophies, liberalism in the system makse it extremely difficult for we conservatives to restore our nation to what we believe is its intended purpose and greatness. I think it unlikely that you liberals will ever agree with us on what the purpose and greatness is, or how to achieve it.

So, considering your obvious low opinion of conservatism and your obvious infatuation with liberalism, I honestly cannot understand why you are resisting an amicable, no fault divorce.

Last edited:

And I'm done with you.

Could you allow the traditional definition of marriage to stand and add civil unions for those who cannot or choose not to marry under the standard defintion? Or leave it to the states decide? Conservatives could compromise on that.

Are you willing to return healthcare to free market principles? Conservatives won't compromise on that but we surely can compromise on what regulation might be necessary.

Are you willing to work out abortion laws that protect life as well as a woman's right to choose? Conservatives already consistently compromise on that.

Are you willing to let the free market set wages for everybody? Conservatives can work out compromises on that.

Science moved forward quite well before modern American liberalism manifested itself, so we'll have to talk about that more. Conservatives will compromise on anything reasonable.

Progress was happening right along before modern American liberalism was introduced to the culture, so you'll have to be more specific about where you see the compromises are needed.

I can only speak for myself, but here goes...

Traditional Marriage: How about getting government out of the marriage game? Have all unions be civil unions with the same rights, lights, and benefits that gov't currently grants marriage. The civil unions would be available to all without regards to sexual orientation. If folks want a traditional marriage, let that be at the discretion of whatever Church will do the ceremony.

Health Care: We haven't really left the so called "free market" for health care yet. Except maybe for the Repub Medicare drug benefit that doesn't allow the gov't to negotiate prices. Personally, I would extend medicare to all and have single payer health care. Americans pay far more for health care than citizens of other industrialized countries and don't receive the bang for the buck.

Abortion: Would leave it as it is. If your 13 year old daughter was raped and got pregnant, would you force her to carry the baby to term? If you or your wife were pregnant and told you have cancer and needed to undergo chemo which could save your life but would kill the fetus, what would you do? If you were anxiously awaiting the birth of your child only to discover that it would have horrific birth defects, would you take it to term? Not all abortions are because someone was too lazy to use birth control.

Free market set wages: Is that code for eliminating the minimum wage? Other than these bare minimums, how is the free market not setting the wages? You ever tried to make it on minimum wage? Do you want the country to become like some third world shithole where people are paid a couple bucks a day?

I would say that progress has positively boomed in the past century since what you call "modern liberalism" has entered the society. We have gone from a largely agrarian society to become a world power and put a man on the moon.

And I'm done with you.

I can only speak for myself, but here goes...

Traditional Marriage: How about getting government out of the marriage game? Have all unions be civil unions with the same rights, lights, and benefits that gov't currently grants marriage. The civil unions would be available to all without regards to sexual orientation. If folks want a traditional marriage, let that be at the discretion of whatever Church will do the ceremony.

But don't you see? You're still wanting the federal government to make the call. Conservatives want the people to make the call. The people should be the ones to decide whether they want the traditional definition of marriage to remain the same and each state should set its own laws for marriage. Currently all 50 states have 100% non prejudicial and uniform laws that apply to every person without regard for race, ethnicity, political affiliaition, socioeconomic status, gender, or sexual orientation. You simply can't get any more equitable than that. Liberalism wants the federal government to make it like the liberals want it to be.

In other threads we have already laid out all the benefits to society, both for gay and straight people, that traditional marriage has produced. That alone should be sufficient to make the case for keeping the traditional definition as all children, both gay and straight, benefit from having a loving mom and dad in the home.

We either are a people free to order the sort of society we wish to have or not. Conservatives want that freedom. Liberals want to restrict that freedom through edicts from the federal government.

There is simply no room to compromise there.

Health Care: We haven't really left the so called "free market" for health care yet. Except maybe for the Repub Medicare drug benefit that doesn't allow the gov't to negotiate prices. Personally, I would extend medicare to all and have single payer health care. Americans pay far more for health care than citizens of other industrialized countries and don't receive the bang for the buck.

Conservatives would apply anti trust laws to break up the monopolies and ensure that health care isn't held as a club over anybody. Then allow the free market system to work. To us it is apparent that federal rules and regulations controlling such things as healthcare produce unsustainable economic conditions and problems that exceed any benefits. We do not want to be just another European nation. It was to be America, free of government dominance, that provided the incentive to create the USA in the first place.

Abortion: Would leave it as it is. If your 13 year old daughter was raped and got pregnant, would you force her to carry the baby to term? If you or your wife were pregnant and told you have cancer and needed to undergo chemo which could save your life but would kill the fetus, what would you do? If you were anxiously awaiting the birth of your child only to discover that it would have horrific birth defects, would you take it to term? Not all abortions are because someone was too lazy to use birth control.

Anortion should be decided at the state and local level, but I would compromise there by accepting Roe v Wade as it was intended allowing the states to strictly regulate all abortion after the first trimester and leaving abortion strictly as a matter between a woman and her licensed physician (and nobody else) in the first trimester.

Free market set wages: Is that code for eliminating the minimum wage? Other than these bare minimums, how is the free market not setting the wages? You ever tried to make it on minimum wage? Do you want the country to become like some third world shithole where people are paid a couple bucks a day?

Yes I have started out on many jobs at minimum wage. There should be no federally mandated minimum wage. Each state should determine whether it will have a minimum wage, whether it shall be a right to work state, and what safety rules and regs it will mandate. Conservatives don't believe that will produce third world conditions but will actually improve the circumstances of society. Liberals obviously disagree. Which is why we need the divorce.

I would say that progress has positively boomed in the past century since what you call "modern liberalism" has entered the society. We have gone from a largely agrarian society to become a world power and put a man on the moon.

And I would say that most progress has been in spite of modern day American liberalism rather than as a result of it. So that is another area that is likely an irreconcilable difference.

Last edited:
You don't put minority rights up to a majority vote. There wasn't a popular vote to end slavery, or to end Jim Crow laws. That's the major flaw of you Conservative Dopes. No, no votes for Gay Marriage. Thanks for giving me one more reason to hater religion.

You don't put taking away the rights of the people to order the sort of society they wish to have to a vote either.

To conservatives, the function of the federal government is to establish such laws as are necessary in order for the union to work together efficiently and effectively and to secure the unalienable rights of the people. And then the federal government will leave us entirely alone to live our lives and form whatever sort of society we wish to have.

Liberals seem to want the federal government to order the sort of society the liberals think they want to have.

Irreconcilable differences. We need a divorce.

Fuck, you are dumb.

Get real close to the screen to read this one, okay?

You do not have the right to order the sort of society you want if it infringes upon someone else's rights. For instance, Florida can't just vote slavery back in because they want to order their own society. Liberals want the Federal government to do what Conservatives are too selfish, racist or homophobic to do: ensure equal treatment for all.

What civil right, exactly, are you LOSING by gay people being able to marry?

FUCK WHY THE FUCK AM I TALKING TO YOU?!

I imagine every time you type "We need a divorce" or "Irreconcilable differences" you make this smug little "Sucked on a lemon" face.

Or this:

church_lady2+%25282%2529.jpg

(Disclaimer: This is an adaptation of a divorce agreement that has been circulating around the internet for awhile.)

To All My Dearest Beloved Liberal, Leftist, Social Progressive, Regressive, Marxist, and Liberation Theologist Friends:

Since we are not going to get gasoline back to $1.50 per gallon and coffee to $2.00 per pound, it is time to divide up our common property and split the sheets so to speak. To wit I propose the following:

DIVORCE AGREEMENT​

WHEREAS, we have stuck together since the late 1950s for the sake of the kids and for sake of future generations, but the whole of this latest election process has revealed that our relationship has clearly run its course, and

WHEREAS, our two ideological sides of America cannot and will not ever agree on what is right for us all,

THEREFORE let's end it on friendly terms. We can smile and chalk it up to irreconcilable differences and go our own way.

Here is the suggested model separation agreement:

1. Our two groups can equitably divide up the country by land mass apportioned according to numerical representation. You can have California, Oregon, and Washington State. We'll take all the rest.

2. We don't like redistributive taxes, so you can keep them.

3. You are welcome to the liberal judges and the ACLU.

4. Since you hate guns and war, we'll take our firearms, the cops, the NRA, and the military.

5. We'll take the nasty, smelly oil industry and you can go with all the wind, solar, and bio-diesel.

6. You can keep Oprah, Michael Moore, and Rosie O'Donnell. You are, however, responsible for finding a bio-diesel vehicle big enough to move all three of them.

7. We'll keep capitalism, greedy corporations, pharmaceutical companies, Wal-Mart, and Wall Street.

8. You can have your beloved lifelong welfare dwellers, food stamps, homeless homeboys, hippies, druggies, illegal aliens, unions, peaceniks, war protesters, and the OSW groups.

9. We'll keep the hot Alaskan hockey moms, greedy CEO's and rednecks.

10. We'll keep the Bibles and give you NBC and Hollywood

11. You can make nice with Iran and Palestine and we'll retain the right to invade and hammer places that threaten us or hit back when we are threatened or attacked.

14. You are welcome to Islam, Scientology, Humanism, political correctness, and Shirley McLain. You can also have the U.N., but we will no longer be paying the bill.

13. We'll keep our Judeo-Christian values.

14. We'll keep the SUV's, pickup trucks, and oversized luxury cars. You can take every Chevy Volt you can find.

15. You can give everyone healthcare if you can find any doctors to deliver it. We'll continue to believe that healthcare is more affordable and more excellent in a free market system.

16. We'll keep "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", "God Bless America", and "The National Anthem."

17. You get "Imagine", "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing", "Kum Ba Ya," or "We Are the World".

18. We'll practice trickledown economics and you can continue to give trickle up poverty your best shot.

19. Since it often so offends you, we'll keep our history, our name and our constitution and our flag.

Please sign and pass it on if you will agree to this equitable distribution of property, values, and practices.

In the spirit of friendly parting, we will arrange for a community picnic in about 10 years to compare notes and see how each other are doing.

Sincerely,

Your Conservative Friends

P.S.: Also, please take Ted Turner, Sean Penn, Martin Sheen, Barbara Streisand, Alec Baldwin, and Jane Fonda with you.

P.S.S..: And you won't have to "Press 1 for English" when you call our country.

OMG LMFAO I think we conservatives got the better deal.

You go Foxy. LOL

Forum List

Back