🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Decision reached in Arbrey case

You're not up on understanding statistics, are you, IM2?
I understand statistics just fine. What you don't get is percentages come with numbers attached to them and those numbers can be used to create population subsets that show a more accurate picture.

In 2020 the U.S. population was 331,449,281. According to the Uniform Crime Reports, 5,213,213 Americans were arrested. That is 1.6 percent of the American population. 3,648,470 of those arrested were white. That is 1.1 percent of the population. 1,356,208 were black. That is.004 percent of the population. The numbers of arrests show that in 2020 less than 4 tenths of 1 percent of all Americans arrested were black and 1.1 percent were white. It shows that less than 2 percent of the American population were arrested.. All of these are low numbers. There is no high black crime rate. In any set of numbers 1.1 percent is higher than .004. If I wanted to puff out my chest and feel superior, I could declare how 2.7 times more whites were arrested than black. But the fact is that 1.1 and .004 are very low numbers.

So the typical argument whereby those like you claim that blacks are 13 percent of the population but commit x percentage of crimes therefore blacks are more criminal is basically disingenuous and intellectually lazy.

Last edited:
All I know is that there have been two just verdicts in two different high profile trials in one month, as the jurors had one thing in common in both trials in that they did not let politics corrupt the outcomes!! This IS something to be thankful for.
Looks like politics is EXACTLY what caused the ludicrous and unjust verdict in the Arbery case. Brunswick is 60% black ; 32% white.

There will always be more work to do. That is a fact.

However, that says nothing about the point I made.
The justice department will never be perfect, just like everything in life.
The two areas, I feel there are inequities is discrimination against minorities and favoritism of the wealthy. With wealth, you have a substantial better chance to beat the same crime as if you do not have resources.

Kyle has a Friend who HAD three Garages. The SAVAGES burned two of them down to the ground. Kyle was asked by his friend to help guard the garage. He also decided to clean off graffiti the Savages left in their barbaric path. What’s your problem?
He shouldn’t have been there?
Maybe then Arbery shouldn’t have been where he was ! 😹. 😭
Wrong.

The libtards are mad because we conservatives don't disagree with this verdict...anger makes them think in strange ways....
Rambunctious is an example of a Trump minion cooling down his racist rhetoric as he see the majority of society will not accept it.
There is more and more of Trumpism that the majority of Americans find repulsive as they see the results in society.
The Trump rats are being chased back into their hole.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Rambunctious is an example of a Trump minion cooling down his racist rhetoric as he see the majority of society will not accept it.
There is more and more of Trumpism that the majority of Americans find repulsive as they see the results in society.
The Trump rats are being chased back into their hole.

Good thing you're not fit for jury duty.
TDS is a disqualifier! :springbed:

This is what happens when you have a case, you win. Rittenhouse the prosecution had no case, so not guilty because of reasonable doubt.

The prosecution had a much better case and got the verdict that is deserved.

I understand statistics just fine. What you don't get is percentages come with numbers attached to them and those numbers can be used to create population subsets that show a more accurate picture.

In 2020 the U.S. population was 331,449,281. According to the Uniform Crime Reports, 5,213,213 Americans were arrested. That is 1.6 percent of the American population. 3,648,470 of those arrested were white. That is 1.1 percent of the population. 1,356,208 were black. That is.004 percent of the population. The numbers of arrests show that in 2020 less than 4 tenths of 1 percent of all Americans arrested were black and 1.1 percent were white. It shows that less than 2 percent of the American population were arrested.. All of these are low numbers. There is no high black crime rate. In any set of numbers 1.1 percent is higher than .004. If I wanted to puff out my chest and feel superior, I could declare how 2.7 times more whites were arrested than black. But the fact is that 1.1 and .004 are very low numbers.

So the typical argument whereby those like you claim that blacks are 13 percent of the population but commit x percentage of crimes therefore blacks are more criminal is basically disingenuous and intellectually lazy.
Turn your research back into your instructor. It is 80% incorrect mostly stemming from incorrect application of hard number to percentages.

Forum List

Back