Defendant shot during gang trial in Salt Lake City

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013

Doug Stanglin and Kevin Johnson, USA TODAY 3:40 p.m. EDT April 21, 2014

A defendant in a gang-related trial was shot and critically wounded by a U.S. marshal Monday when he allegedly tried to attack a witness with a pen at the new federal courthouse in Salt Lake City.

FBI spokesman Mark Dressen said Siale Angilau, an alleged member of the Tongan Crip gang, was shot at least once in the chest. His condition was not immediately known.

"During the trial this morning the defendant went after, engaged the witness stand, and when he engaged the witness at the witness stand, he was shot by the U.S. Marshals Service," Dressen said.

"From what I understand, the defendant may have grabbed a pen or a pencil and charged the witness stand at that time," he said.

Federal authorities confirmed that a U.S. marshal assigned to the court opened fire on Angilau. No one else was injured.

After this display in the courtroom, do you think the jury or judge will care whether or not the defendant was innocent or guilty of the crime?

The answer is no. Which is why so many black men are in prison today.

He died.

Thank you FBI for saving the taxpayers a lot of money, and it's one less violent gang-banger gone for good.

By the way. Anyone familiar with the Taurus "Judge" ?

This punk here rushed the witness, hoping to kill or incapacitate him.

Well the same thing happens all the time to Judges. Many judges carry guns at the bench when they are presiding over a trial where gang-bangers are present.

Well several years back, Taurus Firearms started selling a whopper of a handgun known as the Taurus 4410/4510. It is chambered for .410 bore shot shells and the .45 Colt cartridge.

Taurus intended it as a car jacking stopper, or pretty much any self defense. If you've ever seen one of these in person, they'll get your attention in a hurry.
If looks can kill, this one has a rap sheet a mile long.

So anyway, not long after the release, Taurus started hearing stories about Judges who were buying the 4410/4510 to use in the courtroom.

Shortly after, Taurus decided to change the name to the "Taurus Judge".
I fired one of these, and they are a hell of a handful.

Check out the five shot cylinder, gives you a woody in a hurry !

Imagine a gang-banger is rushing your bench ! You pull the Judge up, and send a handful of stainless steel ball bearings right into the grill of the banger !!

Case closed !!

If I had a fucking enraged Tongan charging me I'd be quite happy that Office Quick Draw was there.

Unless I was a Samoan of course, in which case I would have charged at him screaming war cries.

After this display in the courtroom, do you think the jury or judge will care whether or not the defendant was innocent or guilty of the crime?

The answer is no. Which is why so many black men are in prison today.

You are ignorant and not very literate.

The dead was a Tongan. Look it up.

Well the same thing happens all the time to Judges. Many judges carry guns at the bench when they are presiding over a trial where gang-bangers are present.

Well several years back, Taurus Firearms started selling a whopper of a handgun known as the Taurus 4410/4510. It is chambered for .410 bore shot shells and the .45 Colt cartridge.

Taurus intended it as a car jacking stopper, or pretty much any self defense. If you've ever seen one of these in person, they'll get your attention in a hurry.

So anyway, not long after the release, Taurus started hearing stories about Judges who were buying the 4410/4510 to use in the courtroom.

It is a wonderful tool for dealing with motorcycle bad guys.

And to the fool above: the deceased was a member of the Tongan Crips. It was not a black or black affiliated gangster group.

They made the real Crips look like Erkles.

.45 Colt? Dude, lose the mouse guns. S&W Model 629, please!

Yeah, but if you suddenly had an enraged killer suddenly charging you, and you only had a split second to react, one of these loaded up like this, you don't have to take any time to aim.

Yeah, but if you suddenly had an enraged killer suddenly charging you, and you only had a split second to react, one of these loaded up like this, you don't have to take any time to aim.

I'll take a snake gun, then: a Very pistol (flare gun) with a 00 load in it, thank you.

Well a flare gun would probably stop the defendant if he rushes the judge's bench, but I'm not sure the judge wants to burn his courtroom down in the process.

Look, I'm not wanting to get in an argument with anyone. I simply wanted to tell the story about the Taurus Judge, and how it came to be named.

Forum List

Back