Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

I'm not saying cheating wasn't involved, however, wouldn't an NFL official notice something like an under inflated ball? They handle them more than any other person during a game. I have seen the, squeeze the before setting them down. I do think the balls were deflated but I'm wondering if refs were just letting it go. Now, if they let it go here, where else did they let it go?

I'm not sure how much officials would notice, generally speaking. I think there's a difference between simply handling and spotting the football, and handling it in the scope of game play. I suspect they'll be more focused on simply trying to distinguish between game balls and the kicking balls, as was Qadry Ismail's suggestion during the third quarter delay where the ball was changed out. Those guys always seem to be running so fast and in such a rush just trying to keep the game pace up, I imagine it's the kind of thing that doesn't really register with them so much. Of course, I suspect that's going to change from now on.

I find it all suspect, I see those officials squeezing them, I would think a two pound difference would be noticeable. Just saying, I can tell when a basketball or football are over or under inflated pretty quickly.

The REAL reason why people hate the Patriots. :lol: So true, so true.

31 Reasons why NFL teams hate the Patriots - NFL.com

A couple of excerpts:

1. Buffalo Bills

————————————————————————————————————————————–

The Patriots had a surplus of quarterbacks after the 2001 season, so, of course, the Bills ended up with Drew Bledsoe and not Tom Brady.

2. Miami Dolphins

The obvious rivalry aside, to find the true root of the Dolphins’ fans hatred, you have to go back to the 1985 AFC Championship Game. The Patriots took apart the Dolphins in Miami, 31-14. The Patriots would go on to lose in Super Bowl XX to the Chicago Bears. You know, the team the Dolphins beat in the regular season and would have had a good chance of beating again in the rematch.

3. New York Jets

Outside of the recent beatings, Bill Belichick was the coach of the Jets, for like a day. And then he ended up with the New England Patriots. I’m not saying the Jets would have ended up with Tom Brady and three Super Bowls but, oh wait, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

4. Baltimore Ravens

You know, for a team that just won the Super Bowl, guys like Terrell Suggs sure are talking a lot about a team they beat in the playoffs. Apparently Brady and Co. still has space rented out between Suggs’ ears.

5. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have no real reason to hate the Patriots, but much like how your younger siblings like the things you like and hate the things you hate, the Bengals likely hate the Patriots because the big brothers of the AFC North do. If anything, the Bengals might actually like the Patriots. If not for the Patriots, the Bengals would have the universally recognized worst uniform in the NFL. So they have that going for them.

6. Cleveland Browns

Belichick coached the Browns and was poised for a big 1995 season (the team started 3-1) until rumors of an impending move surfaced to ruin the team. Now, I’m not trying to say the Browns would have ended up with Tom Brady and three Super Bowl titles, but wait, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Patriots won two AFC Championship Games in Pittsburgh during the Brady-Belichick era. Bledsoe came off the bench to lead the Patriots over the Steelers in the 2001 AFC Championship Game (please don’t bring up the spot, Steelers fan). Brady engineered a blowout in the 2004 AFC Championship Game, with a 41-27 romp at Heinz Field.

8. Houston Texans

Somebody convinced the Texans it would be a cool idea to wear letterman’s jackets for a huge showdown in New England on Monday night football in Week 14. And then the Patriots made them look like a freshman squad in a 42-14 beat down. Now those jackets live in infamy in the dark closets of those Texans players or on the shelves of the Sugar Land, Texas Goodwill center.

9. Indianapolis Colts

Whenever the debate for best quarterback of the era heats up, Patriots fans will point out Brady has three rings to Manning’s single Super Bowl win. The Colts did exercise a matter of revenge in the 2006 AFC Championship Game, but you still get the sense Indy fans are still smarting from the dismissiveness of the Patriots fans. And judging by the number of Manning jerseys still in Indianapolis, this one isn’t going away any time soon.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jaguars have made the playoffs just twice since the year 2000, and both times they were eliminated by the Patriots. New England got Jacksonville, 28-3, in the 2005 wild card playoffs. The Jags were a little more competitive in the 2007 divisional round, but still lost, 31-20.

Want to know why the NY Football Giants LOVE the Patriots?

PV=nRT

A ball inflated to 13 lbs, at room temperature, will have a pressure of 10.7 lbs when taken outside and cooled to 32 degrees..

It is not a mystery, nor a conspiracy. It is physics.

To people like Huggy and Alex...physics IS a conspiracy!

I never said it was a conspiracy I said they are cheaters. Cheating starts at an early age. Beli-cheat got his nickname early on.

RE3S28l.png

I find it all suspect, I see those officials squeezing them, I would think a two pound difference would be noticeable. Just saying, I can tell when a basketball or football are over or under inflated pretty quickly.
IIRC Brady stated he could not feel the difference which lead lead Jerome Bettis to have this reaction.

2nu40zo.png

A couple of excerpts:

1. Buffalo Bills

The Patriots had a surplus of quarterbacks after the 2001 season, so, of course, the Bills ended up with Drew Bledsoe and not Tom Brady.

2. Miami Dolphins

The obvious rivalry aside, to find the true root of the Dolphins’ fans hatred, you have to go back to the 1985 AFC Championship Game. The Patriots took apart the Dolphins in Miami, 31-14. The Patriots would go on to lose in Super Bowl XX to the Chicago Bears. You know, the team the Dolphins beat in the regular season and would have had a good chance of beating again in the rematch.

3. New York Jets

Outside of the recent beatings, Bill Belichick was the coach of the Jets, for like a day. And then he ended up with the New England Patriots. I’m not saying the Jets would have ended up with Tom Brady and three Super Bowls but, oh wait, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

4. Baltimore Ravens

You know, for a team that just won the Super Bowl, guys like Terrell Suggs sure are talking a lot about a team they beat in the playoffs. Apparently Brady and Co. still has space rented out between Suggs’ ears.

5. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have no real reason to hate the Patriots, but much like how your younger siblings like the things you like and hate the things you hate, the Bengals likely hate the Patriots because the big brothers of the AFC North do. If anything, the Bengals might actually like the Patriots. If not for the Patriots, the Bengals would have the universally recognized worst uniform in the NFL. So they have that going for them.

6. Cleveland Browns

Belichick coached the Browns and was poised for a big 1995 season (the team started 3-1) until rumors of an impending move surfaced to ruin the team. Now, I’m not trying to say the Browns would have ended up with Tom Brady and three Super Bowl titles, but wait, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Patriots won two AFC Championship Games in Pittsburgh during the Brady-Belichick era. Bledsoe came off the bench to lead the Patriots over the Steelers in the 2001 AFC Championship Game (please don’t bring up the spot, Steelers fan). Brady engineered a blowout in the 2004 AFC Championship Game, with a 41-27 romp at Heinz Field.

8. Houston Texans

Somebody convinced the Texans it would be a cool idea to wear letterman’s jackets for a huge showdown in New England on Monday night football in Week 14. And then the Patriots made them look like a freshman squad in a 42-14 beat down. Now those jackets live in infamy in the dark closets of those Texans players or on the shelves of the Sugar Land, Texas Goodwill center.

9. Indianapolis Colts

Whenever the debate for best quarterback of the era heats up, Patriots fans will point out Brady has three rings to Manning’s single Super Bowl win. The Colts did exercise a matter of revenge in the 2006 AFC Championship Game, but you still get the sense Indy fans are still smarting from the dismissiveness of the Patriots fans. And judging by the number of Manning jerseys still in Indianapolis, this one isn’t going away any time soon.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jaguars have made the playoffs just twice since the year 2000, and both times they were eliminated by the Patriots. New England got Jacksonville, 28-3, in the 2005 wild card playoffs. The Jags were a little more competitive in the 2007 divisional round, but still lost, 31-20.

Well actually, the Giants are irrelevant. Did they even make the playoffs this year? Oh, and Eli Manning. Lol. :D

17. New York Giants

The Giants really have no reason to hate Tom Brady’s Patriots since they have the distinction of being the only team to beat him in the Super Bowl. And they did it twice. However, legendary Giants head coach Bill Parcells retired from coaching after winning his second Super Bowl with the Giants in 1991. His retirement was short, however, as just two years later he returned to coach the New England Patriots, leading them to a Super Bowl in just three years, while the Giants stumbled through the 90s.

PV=nRT

A ball inflated to 13 lbs, at room temperature, will have a pressure of 10.7 lbs when taken outside and cooled to 32 degrees..

I never said it was a conspiracy I said they are cheaters. Cheating starts at an early age. Beli-cheat got his nickname early on.

RE3S28l.png

Not too bright, are you?

A couple of excerpts:

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Miami Dolphins

3. New York Jets

4. Baltimore Ravens

5. Cincinnati Bengals

6. Cleveland Browns

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Houston Texans

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

Well actually, the Giants are irrelevant. Did they even make the playoffs this year? Oh, and Eli Manning. Lol. :D

17. New York Giants

The Giants really have no reason to hate Tom Brady’s Patriots since they have the distinction of being the only team to beat him in the Super Bowl. And they did it twice. However, legendary Giants head coach Bill Parcells retired from coaching after winning his second Super Bowl with the Giants in 1991. His retirement was short, however, as just two years later he returned to coach the New England Patriots, leading them to a Super Bowl in just three years, while the Giants stumbled through the 90s.

Would have been 2 more rings simple math explodes your theory

Don't both teams play with all the balls anyways? When the other team takes the
Chuck Pagano knows that the pressure in the balls had ZERO to do with who won that football game. He's too classy an individual to use that as an excuse for losing that game.

Even John Harbaugh backed off on his claim that the Patriots were breaking the rules with their tackle eligible formation. Why? Because he knew that it wasn't illegal and he knew that claiming it was would only make him look like a whiny loser.

What does breaking the rules have to do with who won the AFC Championship game?

Sean Peyton was suspended a year for just being the coach on a team that supposedly had a bounty on other teams players. He just looked the other way. How many games did New Orleans win because of that?

Tom Brady obviously decided to break the rules in instructing the equipment manager the characteristics he wanted in a game-ready prepared football. Tom Brady knows what the rules are in the allowable pressure of an OFFICIAL NFL football. Both Tom and Bill have bragged on TV interviews that they thoroughly know all the rules and that's what gives them an advantage preparing for games with other teams.

Now Tom claims he knows nothin about nothin. Bill knows nothin about nothin.
Cant wait till the Pats kick the shit outta Seattle who should have lost the last game :thup:

:beer:

No.

The offense uses their own balls.

I don't believe that. I'm quite sure that both teams play with each others' balls. :D

PV=nRT

RE3S28l.png

Not too bright, are you?

Hungover much?

Don't both teams play with all the balls anyways? When the other team takes the
Chuck Pagano knows that the pressure in the balls had ZERO to do with who won that football game. He's too classy an individual to use that as an excuse for losing that game.

Even John Harbaugh backed off on his claim that the Patriots were breaking the rules with their tackle eligible formation. Why? Because he knew that it wasn't illegal and he knew that claiming it was would only make him look like a whiny loser.

What does breaking the rules have to do with who won the AFC Championship game?

Sean Peyton was suspended a year for just being the coach on a team that supposedly had a bounty on other teams players. He just looked the other way. How many games did New Orleans win because of that?

Tom Brady obviously decided to break the rules in instructing the equipment manager the characteristics he wanted in a game-ready prepared football. Tom Brady knows what the rules are in the allowable pressure of an OFFICIAL NFL football. Both Tom and Bill have bragged on TV interviews that they thoroughly know all the rules and that's what gives them an advantage preparing for games with other teams.

Now Tom claims he knows nothin about nothin. Bill knows nothin about nothin.
Cant wait till the Pats kick the shit outta Seattle who should have lost the last game :thup:

:beer:

No.

The offense uses their own balls.

I don't believe that. I'm quite sure that both teams play with each others' balls. :D
Only when Brady threw the fateful interception.

A couple of excerpts:

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Miami Dolphins

3. New York Jets

4. Baltimore Ravens

5. Cincinnati Bengals

6. Cleveland Browns

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Houston Texans

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

17. New York Giants

You are an idiot. This isn't my theory, you moron.

A couple of excerpts:

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Miami Dolphins

3. New York Jets

4. Baltimore Ravens

5. Cincinnati Bengals

6. Cleveland Browns

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Houston Texans

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

17. New York Giants

You post it, you own it. Now go have a hair of that dog that bit you last night you will feel better and not be so nasty.

Last edited:

A couple of excerpts:

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Miami Dolphins

3. New York Jets

4. Baltimore Ravens

5. Cincinnati Bengals

6. Cleveland Browns

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Houston Texans

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

17. New York Giants

You post it, you own it. Now go have a hair of that dog that bite you last night you will feel better and not be so nasty.

You are obviously an uneducated doofus. :lol: Probably ugly too.

Forum List

Back