🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Delegates....a rigged system?

The parties get taxpayer funding in the general hence the corrupt bastards are not free to do whatever the hell they want.

The candidates get funding, not the parties. The parties don't control the money, the candidate does. Can the government control your business if one of your investors gets welfare?

Should American's (registered voters) be denied their vote be it via caucus or straight vote primary? Yes or no?
As long as Parties are able to make up rules each year it's not democratic. Congress should set the rules for both Parties, and should fund the election.

the candidates do not represent they government. they represent the parties. the parties used to just appoint candidates and people had zero say.
The people have a Constitutional right to vote for their representatives in government. Anything impeding that right should be illegal, whether it's a Superdelegate system, or making people jump through hoops to be able to vote, or limiting the number of places to vote.

The parties get taxpayer funding in the general hence the corrupt bastards are not free to do whatever the hell they want.

The candidates get funding, not the parties. The parties don't control the money, the candidate does. Can the government control your business if one of your investors gets welfare?

Since the party controls the candidate and the candidate is bought and paid for by the party, well there you have it.

Since the party controls the candidate and the candidate is bought and paid for by the party, well there you have it.

Well, wow, that's your opinion, clearly a justification for government to take over parties and tell them how to operate. Due process schmu process

Well, wow, that's your opinion, clearly a justification for government to take over parties and tell them how to operate. Due process schmu process
Why shouldn't Congress set rules for the Parties who are currently in control of a Constitutional right?

What would be your reaction if there was a group not specified in the Constitution controlling who gets a gun or not, based solely on their whims?

And seriously, Blues, the politicians who run the parties you want to fix are the ones who run government, and you trust them to fix the parties. I never get when another conservative succumbs to the idea that government is capable of fixing anything. No matter how broken it is, government is more broken. But you trust them to give them the power to solve it. Completely insane. Look up Einstein's definition of insanity if you don't already know it

And seriously, Blues, the politicians who run the parties you want to fix are the ones who run government, and you trust them to fix the parties. I never get when another conservative succumbs to the idea that government is capable of fixing anything. No matter how broken it is, government is more broken. But you trust them to give them the power to solve it. Completely insane. Look up Einstein's definition of insanity if you don't already know it

I don't trust them to do anything I don't know where you get that. I expect the establishment party imbeciles to go right on failing, that is my only expectation of those corrupt arrogant bastards. Which maybe I wouldn't care except they are sticking me with the $19 trillion dollar debt.

#1 I generally defend the position and office of the president. The mindless disregard of THE OFFICE I find repugnant. I do not go out of my way to support Obama policy. The constant insults and bringing the functionality of the government to a standstill is unnecessary and anti American. I respect the fact that Obama won fair and square. Sue me. I didn't vote for him but that's the way it goes. If the GOP had a more appealing candidate the GOP would have a sitting president.

#2 Nonsense. Provide a link.

#3 I ALWAYS criticize religion. Bunk is bunk. That just makes me intelligent and hard to fool.

#4 Again with the made up crap? I NEVER said you were an anarchist. I said you were a thief. That was before I read your post explaining what being a Libertarian means to you. I withdraw the accusation.

#5 You twisted my words. All religist extremism causes problems in the world. I have never supported muslims. As stated earlier all religion is hogwash. It is ALL a fraud. BTW religions, especially christian based religions, steal property telling the elderly that it will ensure their place in heaven. I have seen this happen first hand. Another reason to hate religion.

Being intelligent I can visualize being in someone else's shoes. Obviously you cannot. It helps me understand why others do what they do to a large extent. I understand the anger of the islamic terrorists just as I understand my Irish relatives back in the old country for hating the English. We have wronged many innocent Arabs and Muslims. If I were in their shoes I would have done the same or worse. I have no problem with righteous personal revenge. Ideological revenge is pure nonsense but when your own innocent relatives get blown to red mist that's a game changer. If it happened to my family you wouldn't want to be in my way.

#6 You are back to lying. I never said or implied any such thing. Prove it with a link. Obviously you cannot so shove it you fucking liar.

#7 I meant it. The Mormans are the most thieving of all the religions in the twentieth century. I certainly would not vote for anyone as much a snake as Romney. They way he made his personal fortune was and is disgusting.

I am not going to go on and on with this. I gave you my very good reason to hate libs and dems. Go look at the link I provided and take a gander at what they stole from my family. If that isn't reason enough then you are a blithering idiot.

1) Benghazi - So we shouldn't investigate what happened because you generally support the President? Ridiculous

2) Defending Fluke sure makes it sound like, you know, you're supporting her position ...

3) Wasn't in contention

4) You withdrew, I accept

5) Obama - Saying that criticizing Obama for any debt means we're criticizing him for all our national debt is ridiculous, you explain what that means how it's not pro-Democrat

6) I lied? Here you go:

Everyone with half a brain knows that Fundamentalism in all religion is the problem.

Comparing any religion to the Islamic carnage across the world is preposterous

7) No Mormon - You hate the religion so you hate every individual in the religion? Typical Democrat bigotry

General. Yes, you explained why you "hate" Democrats. What you didn't explain is why you keep supporting their positions, other than inheritance, anyway. And seriously, your claim it was Bush/Gore that flipped you? Seriously? Bush/Gore flipped you where the SC just said the Florida recount had to follow Florida law after Democrats personally fucked you? Really?

Look.. It is clear that you are desperate to prove a point. Unfortunately you are wrong and your point is not going to get any better flogging it.

Compounding your stubbornness is your reading comprehension skills which are very sad. There is a distinct difference between supporting the man and respecting the office. I do not HATE Obama. Because a few republicans keep ginning up the ObamaHateMill? Sorry, I can think for myself. I can process information just fine thank you. Contrary to many here on USMB that have been running around with their hair on fire for 7 and a half years sceaming that Obama has destroyed the country it simply isn't true. The economy has improved steadily. The recovery we have enjoyed is more robust than in any part of the globe. Stating otherwise is just simply ignoring the truth.

As unfortunate as Benghazi was many have been led by the nose to proclaim the misreporting of the cause of that attack as the worst thing that has EVER occurred in U S history. So sorry again you idjits..it's not even in the top 100... Not even in the top 1000! And the e-mail BS? God save you people if you ever get a hangnail! Good grief! I get it that you feel obligated to disparage Clinton and the dems at every possible opportunity but guess what! I just don't care! I can think of a million things better to do with my time than to be constantly nipping at Hillary's and Obama's heels.

You are just poor losers plain and simple. Here is a plan.. promote better candidates to the American public and you will win. THEN you can take a big breath and drop your whiny crybaby mommy took away your binky routine.

I am not a poor sport. The public voted they way they did INSPITE of Citizens United and the Koch brothers fortune so what does that tell you? The GOP's candidates SUCK!!! But NNNOOOooo...!!!! You guys don't get it! You would rather have a seven and a half year hissy fit than address the REAL problem.

Here is a clue! Go find yourselves an Eisenhower or a Goldwater that inspires the majority of American voters and all your problems will be solved.

As for "the Morman".. Romney is a Bishop in the Morman church. Why not just cut to the chase and elect the friggin POPE as our CIC????? What is it about the words I HATE RELIGION that you do not understand????

Remember not so long ago I explained why I absolutely detest the dems and libs??? Well guess what! I love my family and after I left Orcas Island to strike out on my own early in high school BOTH of my brothers were BEATEN for not participating in reciting christian prayers in the classroom of Nellie S Milton School. Fuck religion!!!!!!!!! Fuck it all in the ASS!!!!! Like I have said MANY times IT IS PERSONAL!!!

As for Fluke.. I tried to make it clear that since I don't sport a C*NT most women's issues are non of my friggin business.

#5???? I never said any such thing. I have no idea what you are referring to.

#6 Fundamentalism in religion is believing in and acting on fairy tales.. many written when most people believed the sun revlolved around the earth.. IMHO that is just the epitome of foolishness. Criticizing me for rejecting that kind of stupidity doesn't deserve an answer.

Gotcha, if I respond to our posts, I'm "desperate to prove a point." So what point are you desperate to prove since you're responding to mine?

As for the voices in your head, I never said Benghazi rated anywhere on the most important lists much less that it was #1 or top 100 or anything, so I don't know what you're talking about. Clearly the military said different things than the administration. Hell yeah that should be investigated. I don't think the White House or Hillary intentionally murdered those four people, but I think they did underplay the response for diplomatic reasons and they covered that up. Ask Nixon if covering ups matter.

As for Fluke, first of all, she made her sex life public discussion by demanding free contraceptives. And no one is saying what she should do regarding rolling in the hay. Your answer is ridiculous, the question is if we should have to pay for it or not. That is clearly our business. You don't have to have a vagina to have the view that what she does with it is her business, but it should be on her own nickle or between herself and her insurance company, not government to use force to make other people pay for it.

And despite your further explanations on why you agree with the left on every issue we discuss, you continue to agree with the left on every issue. You hate the left for fucking you and your family, but the SC making the Florida courts follow Florida law turned you for them? That's ridiculous. As is that the SC decision made you not want to investigate Democrats Presidents, the SC made you support government forcing us all to pay for contraceptives, the SC made you think Christian extremists are doing as much harm as Muslims ones.

Dude, you can chose to not be a Democrat, but if you don't chose that and claim you did, you're in a position to be informed of that.

And you called me a liar for saying you didn't say other religious radicals are as destructive as Muslim ones, and I showed you the quote. Man up to an apology on that one point at least

Dubya is reported by excellent sources as believing that god speaks to him and upon that advice decided to attack Afghanistan and Iraq. You obviously have chosen to believe in America "right or wrong" and like the good/stupid christian you are ... "forgiven" Bush his sins. I consider Georgy Porgy as a born again dry drunk christian fundamentalist. If raining bombs down on another country/s out of anger and revenge isn't a grossly misplaced "an eye for an eye" I just frankly do not know what is.

Let me ask you this question. Would there have been a single terrorist attack on our country save Tim McVeigh if we had not invaded Iraq TWICE and Afghanistan to take out Bin Ladin which of course we failed to do..HOW pathetic was THAT?

"Dude" You don't have a fucking clue what I am about. You think you have some reason to challenge me on dems vs GOP or you would not be wasting both of our time.

As for my responses, I get to have the last word on me... you do not. The fanatic christians on Orcas didn't bother me a lick even though I was FAR more vocal about their stupid religion than my bro's. Maybe it was the time I stuck my 303 British enfield in my older cousin's face when he came drunk to our house and offered to give me the ass whoopin I deserved. Small community.. word got around. Or maybe it was the year of YOUR lord 1960 when on the first day of deer season I took same rifle and shot the biggest buck on the island from THREE FEET. The damned thing was more than three times as big as I was. That too got around. NTS I am an excellent hunter and outdoorsman. I had a red tailed hawk as a kid and shot a young rabbit nearly every morning before the school bus showed up to feed my bird. That was with the 22 single shot. With rabbits you only get one shot. My republican father gave me all the guns I ever needed at 10 and 11. I made him and my gramps proud with my hunting and fishing skills. And since I am on the subject.. late one summer, when dad was visiting up on the Island, cuz he mostly was travelling the world for the Boeing Co, We heard some rifle shots coming from the back 40 and he took the 303 back to see what was going on. Next thing you know is he came running out of the woods yelling that he was shot at. Before another word was exchanged I picked up the gun and headed back where he had come from to take my "shot" at defending our land.

I snuck back deep into the alders and firs and discovered two deer hunters attempting to poach. I stealthed right up behind the big fat one and jammed the mussel right into his neck. Not to prolong the story..so I won't.

I've been dealing with ignorant yahoo's all my life. They can't help being stupid..it's genetic. Unlike the thieving libs and dems. They are smart..so smart they believe that they are more deserving of what is yours than you,, or me.

True it is very likely our political leanings have come from different circumstances. You seem to have re-invented yours while I am stubbornly clinging to my natural republican roots. The way I see it the GOP has abandoned both of us.

I agree with your conclusion. I realized that when I left the party over 25 years ago. I opposed the Iraq war and nation building in Afghanistan, but I don't see what that has to do with not investigating Benghazi. We know about Benghazi that the White House lied about it and Hillary lied about it. They were saying long after everyone knew that the video was not the cause of the attack that it was.

And Hillary certainly lied when she said the Ambassador told her everything was good while he was requesting help from everyone else. I don't think they did it to intentionally kill the people who died, but I do think they didn't want to send force because of Obama's support of the Libyan overthrow. It is totally worth finding out what happened

Maybe as a curiosity. Look, shit happens in war and sometimes even in peace that is difficult to pin down and diagram as if we could get all the facts anyway. Sometimes the truth is just too elusive. If it pleases you to go to your grave pursuing that event to some finite detail, go for it. If she lied to cover hers or Obama's ass then that's what happened. I know ONE thing for a fact that our ambassador dug his own grave by not planting his fag ass in the EMBASSY guarded by he Marines. If you think for some reason that we could have saved the stupid fuck then PROVE IT.. No wait! Don't bother on my account. Stupid people die in bad places. I don't give a rat's ass about him.

Hard to say what "you telling". You sound retarded. I wish you guys would disclaim your posts with an admission that you are mentally defective.

Who "thanks" you more, the right or the left? We both know the answer to that one

What are you? A junior high daddy's girl bitch? I could not care any less what mosy people here or anywhere think of my input. In spite of that you can see for yourself my ratings are in the several thousands.

The "average" voter doesn't come here to talk politics. There are 320 million plus Americans and 36 thousand + members at USMB.. and only seriously a handfull of that number active participants. Frankly I get most of my thank you's from independent thinkers with higher education than from the knuckle draggers that cannot or will not think for themselves. Many of the more active posters here are devout religious followers so as one would expect I have alienated them. Big whoop! The Flat Earth Society's opinions are not really my concern.

Exactly, you get them from leftists who agree with you, they agree with you because ...

Give it up cupcake. You don't get to decide a damned thing for me.

Strawman, never tried. But I do challenge the endless list of Democrats who claim to be a Republican. There is nothing Republican about defending a Democrat President from the consequences of his own action. There is nothing Republican about demanding government force other people to pay women's contraception. There is nothing wrong with supporting the canard that extremists from any other religion are remotely doing what Muslim extremists are doing.

Anyway, as I point out, who is thanking your posts tells you what you are supporting. If you're honest about thinking you're a Republican, then that should bother you. Democrats are the party you claim to hate because they fucked you, yet you're carrying their water for them. And they're recognizing and thanking you for it

You know...I have never tally'd up a list of the thousands of thanks and agree's. It just happens. Maybe it's just because I make sense at times. You do realize that we here are for the most part AMERICANS.. right? It isn't a crime to agree with another American if what they say is party neutral and good for the country.

If you choose to have some on going witch hunt over who you think is faking a party affiliation as if it really matters then by all means have a good time. It's your picknic. To me the only real tale of the tape is how one votes. Whining about the results is crying over spilt milk. By THEN it is too late. If you HATE every American that votes dem then get your ass out there and push for the GOP house to house. You will accomplish much more that way than wasting your time bitching at me.

I'm still waiting for your proof I have posted "love" for dems.
Don't you know? If you have two eyes, two ears, and a brain that dismisses and rejects Wingnut Logic, that must mean you love the Democrats.

No it does not. There are plenty of clear dividing lines that absolutely demand I vote for the GOP when I can. I am an avid believer in the 2nd amendment. In fact you can toss in the whole constitution. Just because the better educated dems word their responses more articulately doesn't make their points better. Sometimes they are on the right side of an argument. But they are distracted constantly by issues such as gays and transgender which I find totally stupid. Plus as I mentioned they steal from Americans because they feel they have some magical right which transcends private property rights and ownership.

Maybe we could build a huge wall around the Trump haters. Then we could make them pay for it. Ya... That's the ticket... A huge wall. :lol:

And who would pay for it? Not Trump supporters Twinkle Toes, more like Cruz supporters who are gullible enough to believe that cretin can win the GOP nomination.

Maybe we could build a huge wall around the Trump haters. Then we could make them pay for it. Ya... That's the ticket... A huge wall. :lol:

And who would pay for it? Not Trump supporters Twinkle Toes, more like Cruz supporters who are gullible enough to believe that cretin can win the GOP nomination.

Twinkle Toes? Oh that's harsh! Sounds like something a fag would say. Are you trying to tell us something? Go ahead. I'll try not to be judgmental.

What GOP Chairman Reince Priebus said to GOP members / voters also applies to the Democratic Party and its members / voters.

The man honestly told GOP voters, 'YOU are NOT 'the party'. You are members by choice. As members you must abide by party rules, party processes, and realize YOU don't pick the nominees. Sometimes you are offered a choice between multiple candidates of OUR choosing, but YOU don't pick who those will be. You have a right to vote in general elections which are open to all Americans, not in inner-party primaries. Your vote only seriously counts when it's election time and we want you to hold your mose and vote for the party's choice.' He actually said if members did not like how the party did business they could 'sit down and shut up'.

Americans are finally seeing how the 2 parties that have monopolized American politics are controlling them and really don't give a damn what they say / want.

Priebus was wrong - if you don't like what they're doing DON'T sit down and shut up. WALK OUT! The parties are rigged by rich, powerful elitists who will never change and who believe Americans won't either, that they have no other option. (They are so sure of themselves and so controlling they make tax payrrs pay for their conventions - huge political 'frat house' parties to annoint their 'frat house president/king'.)

Any Americans who remain loyal to these 2 parties after this election are hopeless, mindless sheep who deserve everything they are and will continue to get. It's time for the existing 2-party system/'plantation-owning' parties to be 'burnt to the ground', abandoned, and for citizens to rise up and reclaim their/our government/country.

What GOP Chairman Reince Priebus said to GOP members / voters also applies to the Democratic Party and its members / voters.

The man honestly told GOP voters, 'YOU are NOT 'the party'. You are members by choice. As members you must abide by party rules, party processes, and realize YOU don't pick the nominees. Sometimes you are offered a choice between multiple candidates of OUR choosing, but YOU don't pick who those will be. You have a right to vote in general elections which are open to all Americans, not in inner-party primaries. Your vote only seriously counts when it's election time and we want you to hold your mose and vote for the party's choice.' He actually said if members did not like how the party did business they could 'sit down and shut up'.

Americans are finally seeing how the 2 parties that have monopolized American politics are controlling them and really don't give a damn what they say / want.

Priebus was wrong - if you don't like what they're doing DON'T sit down and shut up. WALK OUT! The parties are rigged by rich, powerful elitists who will never change and who believe Americans won't either, that they have no other option. (They are so sure of themselves and so controlling they make tax payrrs pay for their conventions - huge political 'frat house' parties to annoint their 'frat house president/king'.)

Any Americans who remain loyal to these 2 parties after this election are hopeless, mindless sheep who deserve everything they are and will continue to get. It's time for the existing 2-party system/'plantation-owning' parties to be 'burnt to the ground', abandoned, and for citizens to rise up and reclaim their/our government/country.

It is that kind of attitude that shows how both parties feel about the average voter, more importantly it shows why no matter which party is in charge nothing changes.
How anyone of good conscious support either party after this is beyond me.

Okay, I am going to personally address this question and discuss it, but I've been really busy for most of this afternoon and evening, and I'm honestly too tired to put that together. So I will come back tomorrow and pursue this. Meanwhile, I will provide this:

A National Primary Wouldn't Work - US News
A single national primary day is a bad idea, but having national standards for primaries and every state having a primary long with other states of the same region and staggering those dates with a different regional order each election that is a great idea. I think it was CandyCorn that first posted it on another thread, though I'm sure she got the idea from somewhere else.

I would add to this that there be no contributions or ads favoring a candidate legal by any for-profit corporations. Get the corporate money out of the system and most of this will right itself.

Again, NOT the government's business what private organizations do, nor should it be. The very idea that you're suggesting the federal government needs to extend its overreach and overcontrol into even more is repugnant.

"The 2 parties that have monopolized American politics" have done so, because that is how the founders generation and especially that of their children started it.

Anyone is free to join a political party and try to effect change. I guess not being able to convince your friends, neighbors, and family to see things your way makes life unfair.

Forum List

Back