Dem 2020 Presidential platform: Ban 'assault weapons'!!!!'

No surprise, right?
Every Dem who spoke on guns in the 2 nights of debate declared the need to ban 'assault weapon' - to save our schools, to save our kids, shopping malls, movie theaters, gay bars, etc. It's almost as if this little bit of leftist dogma is chiseled into their souls.

A question for those who agree with the candidates:
If there is, as they claim, a NEED to ban these guns, if banning these guns is, as they say, NECESSARY for the safety of whomever - what does a ban on the manufacturer and sale of new 'assault weapons' accomplish?
Alright, ban the bullets instead.
You should take that act on the road!!!!

But, good of you to admit banning the manufacturer and sale of new 'assault weapons' will do noting to meet the necessities claimed by the Democrats.
Given this, why do you think the Democrats are lock-step on this policy point?
I think it's a good idea and I guess I'm not the only one. I think the assault weapons should also be confiscated/bought back and if anyone is caught with one after a certain point, they get a fine that will take years to settle.
I'd vote for that.

Congratulations. You've discovered you're not the only simpleton on Earth. I'm very happy for you.

Sadly, the existence of other dumb people does not make you any less dumb and incorrect.

The guns are not what's dangerous, dear. I'm not willing to have my Constitutional right to defend myself against bad people revoked just so that you can find out - SURPRISE! - evil, violent people still exist.

Now take your little vote for "pretend-safety" and run along.

No surprise, right?
Every Dem who spoke on guns in the 2 nights of debate declared the need to ban 'assault weapon' - to save our schools, to save our kids, shopping malls, movie theaters, gay bars, etc. It's almost as if this little bit of leftist dogma is chiseled into their souls.

If there is, as they claim, a NEED to ban these guns, if banning these guns is, as they say, NECESSARY for the safety of whomever - what does a ban on the manufacturer and sale of new 'assault weapons' accomplish?
Lol
Even though they are just sporting rifles nothing more nothing less...
All progressives are fucked in the head
No mass shooters are fucked in the head. You sell guns. You know the difference between a "sporting rifle" and an assault weapon, you dishonest shyster. Don't play word games.

"You know the difference between these things, which I know nothing about but am just SURE exists, so you must be a liar if you don't say what I want to believe."

By all means, OldBroad, tell us this alleged difference, in your "infinite knowledge" about guns. Or even just tell us the definition of "assault weapon", since you like to parrot that phrase so much and pretend it's oh-so-eeeeevil.

No surprise, right?

Lol
No mass shooters are fucked in the head. You sell guns. You know the difference between a "sporting rifle" and an assault weapon, you dishonest shyster. Don't play word games.
I've owned firearms since the age of 8 and served in the military. I've fired everything from a .22 pistol to a heavy machine gun. The firearms I can buy down at my local gun shop are not "assault weapons".
Pure b*******. It was designed as an assault weapon and has a tumbling effect that makes it a super killer... It won the competition with the M14.

the GOP and the NRA are totally full of s*** on this, but you dupes will believe anything they say. 100 times a day

No surprise, right?

Alright, ban the bullets instead.
You should take that act on the road!!!!

But, good of you to admit banning the manufacturer and sale of new 'assault weapons' will do noting to meet the necessities claimed by the Democrats.
Given this, why do you think the Democrats are lock-step on this policy point?
I think it's a good idea and I guess I'm not the only one. I think the assault weapons should also be confiscated/bought back and if anyone is caught with one after a certain point, they get a fine that will take years to settle.
I'd vote for that.
/——/ Problem is gun grabber, assault weapons don’t exist. It’s s made up word Libs use to demonize firearms.
Look, I've been through this whole discussion so many times that I have your responses and mine memorized. Not really in the mood for a full blown "What's an Assault Rifle" game right now fellas. You know what is meant and yes, if it included buy backs and confiscation, it would put a huge dent in mass shootings. But yeah you guys need to keep shooting each other so no, I'll never see the day and that's all I've got to say on the subject today.

I just heard, "I've gotten my ass kicked about this a million times, but I refuse to let facts get in the way of what I feelz should be true!"

The dems always whine about guns, and then nothing happens, they are banned in Chicago, how is that working?
It's not the guns, the US always had guns, and no mass shootings, what's different now?
Nut jobs with military style weapons that seems
to go right along with their insanity.... They seem to like buying them at stores or gun shows.
None of the weapons I fired in the military can be bought at a gun store.

Because of gun control laws that got passed despite GOP objections .

Ok gun nerds. Explain to us dopes the difference tween what the military is using in Afghanistan vs say, what the Florida high school shooter used ?

Very simple, I would say so simple that even you could understand it, but since you keep asking this question, it must be hard for you to grasp.

The military uses a select fire weapon. The weapon can be fired single fire or in a 3 round burst. Older models were fully automatic fire.

If it doesn't have a select fire capability, it is not a modern military weapon.

Also, The Wild West Rifle, the Lever Action gun, like you saw on the show, "The Rifleman?" That was an actual military weapon. The 6 shot revolver, used by the American military and was first patented in 1836......it is a semi-automatic weapon?

The 5 shot, pump action shotgun.....is a current military weapon, in use by our current armed forces in current combat zones.

The Bolt action rifle, is a current military weapon, used by our current armed forces in current combat zones.

The AR-15 has never been used by the military and has never been used in combat.

No surprise, right?

Lol
I've owned firearms since the age of 8 and served in the military. I've fired everything from a .22 pistol to a heavy machine gun. The firearms I can buy down at my local gun shop are not "assault weapons".
Pure b*******. It was designed as an assault weapon and has a tumbling effect that makes it a super killer... It won the competition with the M14.

the GOP and the NRA are totally full of s*** on this, but you dupes will believe anything they say. 100 times a day

Wrong, dumb ass.......the military went with the smaller 5.56 round because they wanted the infantry to be able to carry more bullets.....the tumble effect is a flaw, not a feature because it is a smaller, lighter bullet, you dope. Our troops complain, today, that at longer ranges it isn't as effective as other rounds against enemy perssonel.

The dems always whine about guns, and then nothing happens, they are banned in Chicago, how is that working?
It's not the guns, the US always had guns, and no mass shootings, what's different now?
to go right along with their insanity.... They seem to like buying them at stores or gun shows.

Ok gun nerds. Explain to us dopes the difference tween what the military is using in Afghanistan vs say, what the Florida high school shooter used ?

Very simple, I would say so simple that even you could understand it, but since you keep asking this question, it must be hard for you to grasp.

The military uses a select fire weapon. The weapon can be fired single fire or in a 3 round burst. Older models were fully automatic fire.

If it doesn't have a select fire capability, it is not a modern military weapon.

Also, The Wild West Rifle, the Lever Action gun, like you saw on the show, "The Rifleman?" That was an actual military weapon. The 6 shot revolver, used by the American military and was first patented in 1836......it is a semi-automatic weapon?

The 5 shot, pump action shotgun.....is a current military weapon, in use by our current armed forces in current combat zones.

The Bolt action rifle, is a current military weapon, used by our current armed forces in current combat zones.

The AR-15 has never been used by the military and has never been used in combat.

So the difference is that military style can be automatic. Domestics can not . BECAUSE of the law.

Otherwise it’s a straight up war weapon .

No surprise, right?

Lol

"You know the difference between these things, which I know nothing about but am just SURE exists, so you must be a liar if you don't say what I want to believe."

By all means, OldBroad, tell us this alleged difference, in your "infinite knowledge" about guns. Or even just tell us the definition of "assault weapon", since you like to parrot that phrase so much and pretend it's oh-so-eeeeevil.
Proving once again that all you know is garbage propaganda,. The a r 15 was designed as an assault weapon and should have won the competition. Some people say the M16 is derived from the AR-15. You are just absolutely full of s***.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1h-b-PHmUFNUcOVo-y43Fd&cshid=1562022288235

No surprise, right?

Lol

Pure b*******. It was designed as an assault weapon and has a tumbling effect that makes it a super killer...

What makes it a super killer? When a mass shooter uses it in a gun free zone, against unarmed people at a distance of less than 30 feet where he has easy shots and the victims can't shoot back or get away.........which means the same level of lethality would apply to any gun....you moron, even pistols....as the Virginia Tech shooting showed.....32 dead with 2 pistols....and the Luby's Cafe shooting showed....24 dead, 2 pistols.....

No surprise, right?

Lol

Wrong, dumb ass.......the military went with the smaller 5.56 round because they wanted the infantry to be able to carry more bullets.....the tumble effect is a flaw, not a feature because it is a smaller, lighter bullet, you dope. Our troops complain, today, that at longer ranges it isn't as effective as other rounds against enemy perssonel.
As always you are totally full of crap. It was designed as a military assault rifle and the tumbling bullet is a huge killer. Another reason why you shouldn't use it on deer or varmints. You people are brainwashed functional cretins....

So the difference is that military style can be automatic. Domestics can not . BECAUSE of the law.

Yes, a pointless law. With over 18 million semi-automatic rifles in private hands in the U.S......and that is a low count........and over 320 million people in the country.....

All rifle types accounted for 403 gun murders...which means the AR-15 is responsible for even fewer deaths than that..........

So again, if you think we should ban the AR-15 over less than 403 gun murders ....then we need to ban knives which are used to kill over 1,500 people every year, and cars that have killed over 38,000 people a year.....

No surprise, right?

Lol

Pure b*******. It was designed as an assault weapon and has a tumbling effect that makes it a super killer...

What makes it a super killer? When a mass shooter uses it in a gun free zone, against unarmed people at a distance of less than 30 feet where he has easy shots and the victims can't shoot back or get away.........which means the same level of lethality would apply to any gun....you moron, even pistols....as the Virginia Tech shooting showed.....32 dead with 2 pistols....and the Luby's Cafe shooting showed....24 dead, 2 pistols.....
It is a military assault weapon no matter how much crap you spew, brainwashed functional moron. And it drives people like you absolutely insane way too often....

Lol

As always you are totally full of crap. It was designed as a military assault rifle and the tumbling bullet is a huge killer. Another reason why you shouldn't use it on deer or varmints. You people are brainwashed functional cretins....

Wrong, dipshit, it failed because it didn't have select fire capability....you moron.....that is what makest a rifle a military weapon in the modern day. The AR-15 is no different from any other semi-auto rifle.

The bullet doesn't kill....you mope.....not at the distances you need for a military rifle.....our troops are complaining that at longer distances it loses it's ability to wound and kill the enemy.....that is why they are looking for a bigger round.

The only reason the military went for the 5.56.....was because it was light and our guys could carry more of it into the battlefield, away from easy re-supply.

Lol

Moron....the reason they don't want you to use the 5.56 has nothing to do with the rifle....you moron........the 5.56 is considered by many to be too small a round for dear.....only wounding them when a larger round would more reliably kill them outright, instead of letting them bleed to death and suffer, you moron.

Yes, a pointless law. With over 18 million semi-automatic rifles in private hands in the U.S......and that is a low count........and over 320 million people in the country.....

All rifle types accounted for 403 gun murders...which means the AR-15 is responsible for even fewer deaths than that..........

So again, if you think we should ban the AR-15 over less than 403 gun murders ....then we need to ban knives which are used to kill over 1,500 people every year, and cars that have killed over 38,000 people a year.....

Gotta start somewhere .

Lots of illegals in America too. Should we do nothing about it ?

Banning the sales for the billionth time, brainwashed functional moron. That at least would stop some military style Nut Job most of the time..

Gotta start somewhere .

Lots of illegals in America too. Should we do nothing about it ?

Illegals broke the law........

The AR-15 is less deadly than knives and cars.......the only reason to ban it is if you are mentally ill.....

Banning the sales for the billionth time, brainwashed functional moron. That at least would stop some military style Nut Job most of the time..

You really are stupid......

over 18 million semi-auto rifles in private hands....and that is a low count.....

403 people were murdered with rifles in 2017.....most were not killed with AR-15s

320 million people in the country.

If that is your standard for banning more than 18 million rifles.....

Then we need to ban knives....used to murder over 1,500 people every year....we can use sporks.

Then we need to ban cars....used to kill over 38,000 people in 2017.

You are a moron.

And because you are a moron....we won't confiscate knives and cars....we will just stop selling them....right? You half wit......

No surprise, right?

Lol

You have no clue what you are talkin about, brainwashed functional moron. Definition of assault rifle....AR-15 always involved. They were actually in a competition to become the army's weapon and should have won...http://go.skimresources.com/?id=162.../alerts&xtz=240&jv=13.20.0-stackpath&bv=2.5.1

No surprise, right?

Lol

You have no clue what you are talkin about, brainwashed functional moron. Definition of assault rifle....AR-15 always involved. They were actually in a competition to become the army's weapon and should have won...http://go.skimresources.com/?id=1629X694351&xs=1&isjs=1&url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.britannica.com/technology/assault-rifle&ved=2ahUKEwjHyKux6ZTjAhXymeAKHQj5BIAQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1h-b-PHmUFNUcOVo-y43Fd&cshid=1562022288235&xguid=deac80949ee3841282e285c105b2cec3&xuuid=6578c6a5acc60386ee7cd8de9e0aad69&xsessid=&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/dem-2020-presidential-platform-ban-assault-weapons.763840/page-21#post-22637425&pref=http://www.usmessageboard.com/account/alerts&xtz=240&jv=13.20.0-stackpath&bv=2.5.1

They didn't ...did they......you moron......because they did not meet the qualifications for a military rifle....you dumb ass....... They were not made for select fire capability....you moron......your own post states this......

The AR-15 was not adopted by the military.....

The 5 shot, pump action shotgun is a current military weapon, currently being used to kill terrorists.

The Bolt action rifle is a current military weapon, currently being used to kill terrorists.

The Lever Action rifle, was used by the U.S. military, the AR-15 was not used by the U.S. military.

The 6 shot revolver....a semi-automatic weapon......was used by the U.S. military.....the AR-15 was not used by the U.S. military.

Forum List

Back