Dem 2020 Presidential platform: Ban 'assault weapons'!!!!'

Yeah like those terrible Alaskans that helped fight the Japanese in the Aleutian Islands during world War 2. So shocking that they should have had guns to help repel an invading force. They should never have been allowed to have guns which they used for hunting to help feed the American Army while they were fighting in those same islands.
No one is against hunting weapons, brainwashed functional moron.
Everyone of the guns Dems want to ban is nothing more then a hunting rifle nit wit.
That is completely untrue. I don't know a single hunter that uses an AR15 to hunt anything. And I know a LOT of hunters. You lying assholes make it too easy to shrug you off as drooling NRA bots. What right do you think you have to own these weapons designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible?

Do you understand that the thing you are complaining about is the package, not the insides? The AR-15 is no different from any other semi-auto hunting rifle.....do you understand that?

You are essentially saying that no one needs a Toyota because of the way it looks because everyone you know can get by with a Honda.......the only thing you are reacting to is the outside packaging, not the actually reality of the weapon...do you understand that?
Yes I do. Too many insane people in the United States who go even crazier with military-style weapons.

320 million people in the country.

18 million semi-automatic rifles....

403 people killed by rifles....

And you, genius, think this is reason to ban all 18 million rifles?

How about knives, clubs, empty hands and cars?

---------

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Rifles...still kill fewer people each year than knives... 403

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Cars....38,659

Hunting rifle:
images

POF Announces 300 Win Mag Rifle -

Hunting rifle:
AlbertArms-options-4-660x199.jpg

German AR-style rifles in .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua Magnum by Albert Arms -

Hunting rifle:

ambush308_realtreextra_r_02-154-19029-047.jpg

https://danieldefense.com/media/cat...ambush308_realtreextra_r_02-154-19029-047.jpg

Your lack of knowledge of the issue does not allow you to have an intelligent conversation regarding same.

Everyone of the guns Dems want to ban is nothing more then a hunting rifle nit wit.
That is completely untrue. I don't know a single hunter that uses an AR15 to hunt anything. And I know a LOT of hunters. You lying assholes make it too easy to shrug you off as drooling NRA bots. What right do you think you have to own these weapons designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible?

Do you understand that the thing you are complaining about is the package, not the insides? The AR-15 is no different from any other semi-auto hunting rifle.....do you understand that?

You are essentially saying that no one needs a Toyota because of the way it looks because everyone you know can get by with a Honda.......the only thing you are reacting to is the outside packaging, not the actually reality of the weapon...do you understand that?
Yes I do. Too many insane people in the United States who go even crazier with military-style weapons.

---------

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Cars....38,659
For the billionth time, brainwash functional moron, we're talking about banning the sales. It will take years for that to make any difference, but at least The Nut Job insane will not be able to buy them at stores, which should basically stop them.

---------

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Cars....38,659
For the billionth time, brainwash functional moron, we're talking about banning the sales. It will take years for that to make any difference, but at least The Nut Job insane will not be able to buy them at stores, which should basically stop them.

For the billionth time.....who freaking cares if it is just sales....there is no freaking point to banning these rifles. The only reason to do it is you have a mental illness....you don't like guns to the point you can't understand facts, reason, reality or the truth.......these rifles account for a grand total of 403 murders out of over 10,000 in a country of over 320 million people.....

Again, according to your logic, this would mean we need to ban knives, used to kill 1,591 people, cars, 38,659 people.....clubs....and bare hands...

Or to use your stupid equation....we will just stop selling knives and cars and eventually we won't have them anymore.....

That is your logic.....it isn't logic, it is mental illness.....you should get help.

No, it won't.
It snot hard at all to find an 'assault weapon' for sale on the secondary market.
So, banning the sale of new guns will accomplish nothing.

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

https://danieldefense.com/media/cat...ambush308_realtreextra_r_02-154-19029-047.jpg

Your lack of knowledge of the issue does not allow you to have an intelligent conversation regarding same.
Your lack of playing by the rules does not allow me to have an intelligent conversation with you.
The guns you showed are NOT in my article and they are not noted as being highly popular for hunting. That was my point to Rustic, who said AR's are the best selling hunting guns right now. I showed him what hunters think.

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

Your lack of playing by the rules does not allow me to have an intelligent conversation with you.
The guns you showed are NOT in my article and they are not noted as being highly popular for hunting. That was my point to Rustic, who said AR's are the best selling hunting guns right now. I showed him what hunters think.

There are over 18 million of these AR-15s in private hands....lots of people use them for hunting....they can shoot all kinds of bullets......

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

Here.....more hunters who use the AR-15 platform...you don't know what you are talking about.....as usual.

Best AR Rifles for Big Game Hunting

DPMS GII Hunter in .308 Winchester
OGQALM6F3UVGETQMQU4LOMGQIU.jpg

The DPMS GII Hunter is a classic AR design chambered in .308 Winchester. When Eugene Stoner first designed the platform, he built the AR-10 in .308, not the AR-15 in 5.56, which was a scaled down version of his design. • MSRP: $1,599DPMS

The .308 cartridge has long been a good choice for big game in bolt-action rifles. The DPMS GII Hunter simply takes that proven performance and puts it into an updated platform.

The GII Hunter’s 20-inch barrel is housed in a carbon fiber free float handguard for better performance. The upper receiver has a rail section, but that’s it on this gun. The handguard is completely round and smooth and the low-profile gas block is not railed. There’s also no muzzle device; instead, it sports a target crown. A Magpul MOE buttstock and rubber pistol grip from Hogue round out the package. With an MSRP of $1,599, it’s not a bad option to consider.

Yankee Hill Machine Hunt Ready HRC-200 in 6.8 SPC
BUYP5UOWZFUML47RCBS6GUYRQY.jpg

The HRC-200 from Yanke Hill Machine is chambered in 6.8 SPC, which is 44 percent mor epwerful than the 5.56/.223, while being similar in size. • MSRP: $1,600Yankee Hill Machine
Like the 5.56, the 6.8 SPC is an intermediate cartridge. Despite that common heritage, it actually has some really nice benefits and only a few drawbacks.

ADVERTISEMENT

First off, the 6.8 SPC is 44% more powerful than the 5.56 despite being quite similar in size. Even though it has quite a bit more power, the increase in felt recoil is minimal, so that’s definitely a plus.

Because the cartridge is so similar to the 5.56, you can use a standard AR-15 lower without having to switch out any parts. Just attach a 6.8 SPC upper and you’re good to go with a different caliber!

Another thing going for the 6.8 SPC pertains specifically to hunters. There are some states that do not allow hunting with 5.56/.223 rounds, so this cartridge is a nice work-around for that without having to buy a completely different rifle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yankee Hill Machine’s Hunt Ready platform is exactly that: hunt ready. The rifle sports a Kryptek Highlander camo finish and comes with a Grovtech adjustable sling and a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40mm scope sighted at the factory out to 100 yards. MSRP for the complete package is $1,600.

Wilson Combat Ultimate Hunter in .458 HAM'R
3HVTH6K5ZRXM2PM4H22BNRE5SU.jpg

Wilson Combat's reputation of attention to detail in tactical firearms applies to their hunting guns as well. • MSRP:$3,055Wilson Combat
Wilson Combat is known for their high quality personal protection, competition, and tactical firearms. That attention to detail carries over to their line of hunting rifles as well.

Both the cartridge and the gun were completely designed in-house by Bill Wilson and his design team. With 3,000 ft/lbs of muzzle energy out of an 18-inch fluted barrel, Wilson Combat boasts that their .458 HAM'R is more powerful than the .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, and .50 Beowulf.

Their Ultimate Hunter carbine is equipped with one of their match grade fluted barrels housed in a 13.8-inch free float handguard with rail on the top and MLOK slots on the rest of it.

Providing some comfort for the hard-hitting round, the rifle has a carbon fiber buttstock outfitted with a Limbsaver recoil pad. Magazines designed to hold the .458 HAM’R rounds are available in 7 or 9-round capacities.

The Ultimate Hunter comes with a base MSRP of $3,055 - which shouldn’t surprise anyone familiar with Wilson Combat products and quality.

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

Here.....more hunters who use the AR-15 platform...you don't know what you are talking about.....as usual.

The DPMS GII Hunter is a classic AR design chambered in .308 Winchester. When Eugene Stoner first designed the platform, he built the AR-10 in .308, not the AR-15 in 5.56, which was a scaled down version of his design. • MSRP: $1,599DPMS

The .308 cartridge has long been a good choice for big game in bolt-action rifles. The DPMS GII Hunter simply takes that proven performance and puts it into an updated platform.

The GII Hunter’s 20-inch barrel is housed in a carbon fiber free float handguard for better performance. The upper receiver has a rail section, but that’s it on this gun. The handguard is completely round and smooth and the low-profile gas block is not railed. There’s also no muzzle device; instead, it sports a target crown. A Magpul MOE buttstock and rubber pistol grip from Hogue round out the package. With an MSRP of $1,599, it’s not a bad option to consider.

The HRC-200 from Yanke Hill Machine is chambered in 6.8 SPC, which is 44 percent mor epwerful than the 5.56/.223, while being similar in size. • MSRP: $1,600Yankee Hill Machine
Like the 5.56, the 6.8 SPC is an intermediate cartridge. Despite that common heritage, it actually has some really nice benefits and only a few drawbacks.

ADVERTISEMENT

First off, the 6.8 SPC is 44% more powerful than the 5.56 despite being quite similar in size. Even though it has quite a bit more power, the increase in felt recoil is minimal, so that’s definitely a plus.

Because the cartridge is so similar to the 5.56, you can use a standard AR-15 lower without having to switch out any parts. Just attach a 6.8 SPC upper and you’re good to go with a different caliber!

Another thing going for the 6.8 SPC pertains specifically to hunters. There are some states that do not allow hunting with 5.56/.223 rounds, so this cartridge is a nice work-around for that without having to buy a completely different rifle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yankee Hill Machine’s Hunt Ready platform is exactly that: hunt ready. The rifle sports a Kryptek Highlander camo finish and comes with a Grovtech adjustable sling and a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40mm scope sighted at the factory out to 100 yards. MSRP for the complete package is $1,600.

Wilson Combat's reputation of attention to detail in tactical firearms applies to their hunting guns as well. • MSRP:$3,055Wilson Combat
Wilson Combat is known for their high quality personal protection, competition, and tactical firearms. That attention to detail carries over to their line of hunting rifles as well.

Both the cartridge and the gun were completely designed in-house by Bill Wilson and his design team. With 3,000 ft/lbs of muzzle energy out of an 18-inch fluted barrel, Wilson Combat boasts that their .458 HAM'R is more powerful than the .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, and .50 Beowulf.

Their Ultimate Hunter carbine is equipped with one of their match grade fluted barrels housed in a 13.8-inch free float handguard with rail on the top and MLOK slots on the rest of it.

Providing some comfort for the hard-hitting round, the rifle has a carbon fiber buttstock outfitted with a Limbsaver recoil pad. Magazines designed to hold the .458 HAM’R rounds are available in 7 or 9-round capacities.

The Ultimate Hunter comes with a base MSRP of $3,055 - which shouldn’t surprise anyone familiar with Wilson Combat products and quality.
Okay but it still isn't big up here. If it were, people wouldn't snort and look at me funny when I ask if they hunt with an AR style rifle. No one I've asked has EVER said yes.

Anyway, if this particular style of "hunting" (lol) rifle were no longer available, there are LOTS of others you could own.
Assault weapons are not necessary on the sidewalk or in the woods.

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Okay but it still isn't big up here. If it were, people wouldn't snort and look at me funny when I ask if they hunt with an AR style rifle. No one I've asked has EVER said yes.

Anyway, if this particular style of "hunting" (lol) rifle were no longer available, there are LOTS of others you could own.

AR-15s are for younger hunters.....that might be the difference. They like that you can put any optic you want on them, easily, you can change out the barrels, easily, they are light, in most cases, and easy to clean.

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

As Justice Scalia stated.....in Friedman v Highland Park...we don't base our Rights that way...

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf

That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

An awful lot of fantasy there timmy.

That’s the gun nut fantasy. Play it out . When you say you need an AR to check the government, then it means you’ll be shooting cops and politicians . Just be honest and own it .
Yeah like those terrible Alaskans that helped fight the Japanese in the Aleutian Islands during world War 2. So shocking that they should have had guns to help repel an invading force. They should never have been allowed to have guns which they used for hunting to help feed the American Army while they were fighting in those same islands.
Funny you must not know too many hunters. I know a number of them that use them as varmint rifles. I have used one for deer hunting that was chambered to a larger caliber. So you are either stupidly senile or your claim is wrong.

Lol
“Military style” what are you in the 3rd grade?
WTF! does that even mean? Do you get your information from Hollywood movies? Or just judge a book by its cover?
How many people are killed by someone using an “military style” firearms(I assume you’re talking about Ar type of sporting rifles) every year as opposed to hand guns and other long guns? I will give you hint.... a tiny, tiny fraction of.... you go, how many?

Last edited:

---------

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Cars....38,659
Lol
The second amendment says differently... They call criminals, criminals for a reason.... They are not in the habit of obeying laws. You’re only stopping the sales to law abiding people.
You fucking retard

Last edited:
Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

How dare someone that actually hunts and uses rifles and sidearms should tell you crazy left who have never used a gun of any kind tell you that just because a rifle scares you it does not make you right. We all understand that feelings are all that counts. Facts are just wrong because they don't fit feelings.

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

Hunters love the ar platform for hunting... End of story

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

The 6.8 spc is one of my favorite cartridges, It has very good ballistic coefficient/super accurate, no noticeable recoil, short action, Inexpensive, and now readily available.
And is made for the AR platform...

Hunting rifle:
images

Hunting rifle:

Hunting rifle:

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Lol
Where is here?
You do realize the customization of the Ar and the like platform Makes for the best hunting rifles available.... period.
I would suppose there probably are some areas, and I mean SOME areas that it has not taken off yet.

The beauty with ar type of sporting rifles is They can be changed very easily to suit every size and shape of hunter, Every type of hunting terrain, And improved per component.

“Assault weapons” is an Hollywood term, knock it off! It makes you sound like a fucking retard....

Forum List

Back