Dem introduces bills to eliminate electoral college, stop presidents from pardoning themselves

One man, one vote

Not, some people votes count more than others depending where you live

Soooo...does that mean you are in favor of the EC?

While I favor the EC, that is not the way it works. A person's vote in Wyoming is worth way more than a persons vote in Texas.

Not by much considering the difference between the two states in EC votes. 38 vs. 3 for Wyoming?

Texas has 48.85 times more people than Wyoming, but only 12.66 times as many EC votes.

Irrelevant statistic. Texas has a lot more influence on the election, 4 times more, than Wyoming. Thus making each Texas vote essentially equal to each Wyoming vote.

Texas has 38 time more people, they should have way more influence on the election

That is totally wrong.
For example, if one were to have allowed Bernie Sanders to run against both Trump and Hillary, clearly he would have won because he was so much more conservative, being against war, against gun control, and for a balanced budget.
In fact, Hillary simply was not very popular at all, and never should have been nominated.
It was all cheating done by the democratic party members, who did illegal things like giving Hillary the debate questions a head of time.
You are all over the map here Pal. You are deliberately obfuscating the issue by bringing up third party candidates. Bernie should have won if that is what the people wanted , although I have to question the idea that he is more conservative. And, we would not have the demented orange ogre and twitter bully now

They ALWAYS want to change the rules when they don't get their way.
We want to abolish the electoral college because -unlike Republicans- we want every vote to count. You guys want to keep the current system for the same reason that you want to suppress votes- you know that in a fair system where no one is disenfranchised YOU LOOSE!

That is totally wrong.
For example, if one were to have allowed Bernie Sanders to run against both Trump and Hillary, clearly he would have won because he was so much more conservative, being against war, against gun control, and for a balanced budget.
In fact, Hillary simply was not very popular at all, and never should have been nominated.
It was all cheating done by the democratic party members, who did illegal things like giving Hillary the debate questions a head of time.

We do NOT at all want all votes to count equally, as that is mob rule.
Do you want states like CA, NY, and FL to dictate speed limits in states like UT, MT, or AL?
Of course not.
States have very differents needs, and their rights should NOT be dictates by a remote majority that does not know or care.
In fact, CA, NY, and FL are the most obviously corrupt and need to be ignored the most.

I am not sure I agree with you that Sanders would have won but certainly everything else you said was spot on. Hillary was certainly a very flawed candidate but Trunp's message was what the American people wanted to hear. .

I do not want the millions of inner city welfare queens voting to take the money that I earn away. That is both oppression and slavery.

To be accurate, Trump's message was what enough of the American people in the right proportions throughout the states wanted to hear.

The idea that winning a presidential election means a candidate is somehow in agreement with all or most of the American people is one I see put forth far too often.

Do you want states like CA, NY, and FL to dictate speed limits in states like UT, MT, or AL?
Of course not.
States have very differents needs, and their rights should NOT be dictates by a remote majority that does not know or care.
In fact, CA, NY, and FL are the most obviously corrupt and need to be ignored the most.
All votes counting equally is mob rule? Seriously? Selecting candidates by popular vote is not mob rule because -you might have heard- we have a constitution which mandates equal protection under the law and adherence to the rule of law. In theory at least, the "Mob" cannot violate the rights of the minorities or apply the law differently to them.
States have a degree of autonomy by still must adhere to the bill of rights of which the tenth is only one. You guys like to invoke the tenth and forget that the 14th extended to right enumerated in the first ten to obligate the states to abide by them .

Because it seems to fuck them over a lot and gives a lot of power to people who don't vote for them. Seems pretty obvious to me.

They get mad votes in highly populated areas. The EC makes those areas less important, proportionally. Why would they like the EC when it restricts their power?

This is how the Dirty Democrats are disenfranchise the American Voters

Blocking Voter ID Laws
Complete and utter horseshit! It is the voter ID laws that disenfranchise voters and are based on phony voter fraud allegation made by Republicans who know that high minority turnout means that they loose, Is it possible that you believe your own bovine excrement

This is how the Dirty Democrats are disenfranchise the American Voters

Blocking Voter ID Laws
Complete and utter horseshit! It is the voter ID laws that disenfranchise voters and are based on phony voter fraud allegation made by Republicans who know that high minority turnout means that they loose, Is it possible that you believe your own bovine excrement

Why does Mexico require an ID to vote.
Does Mexico want to disenfranchise Latinos?
Why does Kenya also require and ID to vote?
Voterfraudmandelainvoter-id.jpg

It's obvious why Democrats want to abolish the electoral college. 2000 and 2016 Presidential elections.

Of course not.
All votes counting equally is mob rule? Seriously? Selecting candidates by popular vote is not mob rule because -you might have heard- we have a constitution which mandates equal protection under the law and adherence to the rule of law. In theory at least, the "Mob" cannot violate the rights of the minorities or apply the law differently to them.
States have a degree of autonomy by still must adhere to the bill of rights of which the tenth is only one. You guys like to invoke the tenth and forget that the 14th extended to right enumerated in the first ten to obligate the states to abide by them .

So tell us Komrade, how do the Constitution and the Electoral College intersect?

Because it seems to fuck them over a lot and gives a lot of power to people who don't vote for them. Seems pretty obvious to me.

They get mad votes in highly populated areas. The EC makes those areas less important, proportionally. Why would they like the EC when it restricts their power?
Which is exactly why Republicans DO like it.

Actually some Dems think it is too easily manipulated (as it was in 2016). I think they are misguided. I think NOT having it would be worse...and would undermine support for the Union among less popular states.

That doesn't mean we should accept the GOP voter suppression and cheating that they have been CAUGHT at however

Forum List

Back