🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dem Lawmakers Want to Ban Gas-Powered Vehicles in U.S. by 2035

Tesla is the best car one can own. Something conservatives not only can't afford but they like gas guzzlers.

She can want it, but it's not going to happen.

Tesla is the best car one can own. Something conservatives not only can't afford but they like gas guzzlers.

So you want to force everyone to buy a car they can't afford?

That is so beautifully liberal!

Should've banned gas cars 20 years ago not for dem purposes, but for national security reasons. We should all be driving biodiesels or electric. Possibly hydrogen fueled by solar electrolysis distillation from water.

Should've banned gas cars 20 years ago not for dem purposes, but for national security reasons. We should all be driving biodiesels or electric. Possibly hydrogen fueled by solar electrolysis distillation from water.
Why not just power then with unicorn farts?

Wouldn't unicorn farts be bad for the environment, or are they somehow different than cow farts.

I doubt a law is necessary, automobile companies will save a ton of money making electric cars once battery technology is advanced during next decade.

Because diesels are more powerful and have been in use in Europe for decades both as hauling power and tiny commuter cars that get like 60-70mpg. The nature of the diesel engine is to run more efficiently than the gas one. Also, I've seen a demonstration of hydrogen being produced using solar power via electrolysis of simple water. Artificial Photosynthesis Made Practical
There are others, but here's Toyota's hydrogen car: Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point
I could even envision putting flexible solar pv cells on a car, filling its tank with water with the proper salinity for the hydrolysis and having an on-board electrolysis unit making hydrogen on demand.

Electric cars could run off charging systems using linear solar thermal array "fueling stations". No unicorns here. These are things that are solid and factual. Though I can see if you had stock in gasoline production, you might want to make them seem unachievable...

Bullshit. Diesel advantages are gone...the emission controls make them finicky, fragile, and expensive. (One truck at work needed an emission system repair recently, to the tune of about eleven thousand dollars.) The combination of more-efficient gas engines and emission diesels means that gas power is making a comeback in trucks. (I have seen many gas Ford F650s lately.)

THEY’RE NORMAL PEOPLE, FILLED WITH CONCERN FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS: And other fables.

Maybe by then the American people will have Banned Dem Lawmakers?

Leftist controlled California doesn't even have enough electricity to keep the lights on now. And zero plans to resolve the issue.

Dem Lawmakers Want to Ban Gas-Powered Vehicles in U.S. by 2035

Let the consumers decide. If battery powered vehicles are not as popular in the auto industry as gas powered, and Democrats have a personal interest at state with hybrids or battery vehicles - $$$$$ , I can see why they would seek a government ban. Personally government should stay out, there is no urgent need that would require the federal government to dictate their “personal preference” to the people.

Bullshit. Diesel advantages are gone...the emission controls make them finicky, fragile, and expensive. (One truck at work needed an emission system repair recently, to the tune of about eleven thousand dollars.) The combination of more-efficient gas engines and emission diesels means that gas power is making a comeback in trucks. (I have seen many gas Ford F650s lately.)

Clever "engineering". Emission controls on gas cars makes them also finicky, fragile and expensive to drive. You can engineer anything to be a failure if your competition is scary enough. Diesels are still more efficient, and stronger machines. Failures in their engineering is not a reflection on the technology in general, but instead evidence of subversion and industry warring.

Internal combustion is for pussies

Co2 based climate change is for idiots who parrot and never think or ask questions...
This may have more to do with national security and dependence on foreign oil than it does on climate issues. Why not produce fuels at home as alternatives to that Middle East industry that just happen to be more "green" in their application? I mean, does a fuel have to be polluting to be desirable?
Toyota's hydrogen car looks promising. What comes out of the tail pipe is water vapor.

I have no problem experimenting with alternative fuels.

I have a big problem when it is government sponsored like SOLYNDRA....

It's been done before

giphy.gif

Clever "engineering". Emission controls on gas cars makes them also finicky, fragile and expensive to drive. You can engineer anything to be a failure if your competition is scary enough. Diesels are still more efficient, and stronger machines. Failures in their engineering is not a reflection on the technology in general, but instead evidence of subversion and industry warring.

No, stupid statement. One more time: the emission systems on diesels engines are incredibly complicated and expensive-to pass emission standards, they have to be. The injection pumps operate at 25,000 to 30,000psi. The most expensive component on a modern diesel truck is the exhaust system. (Yes: it costs more to replace the exhaust filters than the engine.) Both exhaust filters on a typical MDT will run close to $16,000, plus core charge (if they are damaged, that's over $1000 each). In contrast, installing a complete factory-rebuilt ENGINE in a V10 F650 is less than half that much.

Gas cars are by no means finicky or fragile. Quite the contrary: they are robust, durable, and last an exceptionally long time. (250,000 miles is nothing remarkable anymore.) They also usually cost less to run than diesels.

Forum List

Back