🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dem Lawmakers Want to Ban Gas-Powered Vehicles in U.S. by 2035

Toyota's hydrogen car looks promising. What comes out of the tail pipe is water vapor.

Hydrogen, as a fuel, has some serious problems of its own. The biggest problem is that it is extremely difficult to safely store a significant amount of it, especially in a form that can be carried on a vehicle.

Should've banned gas cars 20 years ago not for dem purposes, but for national security reasons. We should all be driving biodiesels or electric. Possibly hydrogen fueled by solar electrolysis distillation from water.
Why not just power then with unicorn farts?

Wouldn't unicorn farts be bad for the environment, or are they somehow different than cow farts.

Unicorn farts are pure hydrogen so they just produce water vapor.

Should've banned gas cars 20 years ago not for dem purposes, but for national security reasons. We should all be driving biodiesels or electric. Possibly hydrogen fueled by solar electrolysis distillation from water.

Wouldn't unicorn farts be bad for the environment, or are they somehow different than cow farts.
Unicorn farts smell like oranges, and one liter can power a car for a year.

I doubt a law is necessary, automobile companies will save a ton of money making electric cars once battery technology is advanced during next decade.

Yes, but all of the people in those third world countries will suffer and die because of the pollution caused by mining the raw materials for the batteries!

Unicorn farts smell like oranges, and one liter can power a car for a year.

I thought it was chocolate.

I doubt a law is necessary, automobile companies will save a ton of money making electric cars once battery technology is advanced during next decade.

Yes, but all of the people in those third world countries will suffer and die because of the pollution caused by mining the raw materials for the batteries!
Most of them come from China, and I don't they they give a damn.

Because diesels are more powerful and have been in use in Europe for decades both as hauling power and tiny commuter cars that get like 60-70mpg. The nature of the diesel engine is to run more efficiently than the gas one. Also, I've seen a demonstration of hydrogen being produced using solar power via electrolysis of simple water. Artificial Photosynthesis Made Practical
There are others, but here's Toyota's hydrogen car: Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point
I could even envision putting flexible solar pv cells on a car, filling its tank with water with the proper salinity for the hydrolysis and having an on-board electrolysis unit making hydrogen on demand.

Electric cars could run off charging systems using linear solar thermal array "fueling stations". No unicorns here. These are things that are solid and factual. Though I can see if you had stock in gasoline production, you might want to make them seem unachievable...

Maybe. In another 50 years we might be able to power a small percentage of the vehicles this way. Ever hear of a solar-powered semi that can haul 80,000 pounds? Didn't think so!

Most of them come from China, and I don't they they give a damn.

But liberals do!

These people are too dangerously ignorant to be trusted in any position of power.

These people are too dangerously ignorant to be trusted in any position of power.
I repeat:

Are you suggesting technology like Toyota's Mirai hydrogen car doesn't exist or shouldn't replace gasoline commuter cars? Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point

Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point

You shouldn’t have to repeat. I think my position was clear. I’m not only suggesting I am flat out declaring no better technology exists than the internal combustion engine for ground transportation.
For stationary use we have other options of course such as turbines.

Toyota's hydrogen car looks promising. What comes out of the tail pipe is water vapor.

Hydrogen, as a fuel, has some serious problems of its own. The biggest problem is that it is extremely difficult to safely store a significant amount of it, especially in a form that can be carried on a vehicle.
Actually, the biggest problem is that it is an energy SINK: getting a gallon of liquid hydrogen requires more energy than said hydrogen contains.

I repeat:

Are you suggesting technology like Toyota's Mirai hydrogen car doesn't exist or shouldn't replace gasoline commuter cars? Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point

Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point

Honda has had a car for years, 2017 Clarity Fuel Cell – Environmentally-Conscious Vehicles | Honda

Now Hydrogen is at least similar to the gasoline systems. That is to say that refueling is easy and quick. I like the Hydrogen systems, the only rub is that the fuel cell is a tad touchy regarding reliability and durability.

System integration, durability and reliability of fuel cells: Challenges and solutions - ScienceDirect

Just think of all the reports of Fuel Cell issues on NASA missions, and they’ve used them since the 1960’s.

The problem with hydrogen is that is not a fuel, but energy transference.. It takes more energy to create the hydrogen to make energy. It is a net loss.

THEY’RE NORMAL PEOPLE, FILLED WITH CONCERN FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS: And other fables.

Maybe by then the American people will have Banned Dem Lawmakers?

Leftist controlled California doesn't even have enough electricity to keep the lights on now. And zero plans to resolve the issue.

Saying DEM LAWMAKERS when it’s only one person is a red herring.
Your 180th consecutive thread that has blown up in your face.

Actually, the biggest problem is that it is an energy SINK: getting a gallon of liquid hydrogen requires more energy than said hydrogen contains.

In a sense, the same thing is true of a battery used to power a pure electric car. It is only a means to store energy that is produced by other means,not a source of energy in itself.

What makes fossil fuels so special is that they contain a great amount of energy before we even touch them—enough energy that we can go to all the effort and expense of digging them out of the ground, and still come out ahead when we use the energy that they contain.

THEY’RE NORMAL PEOPLE, FILLED WITH CONCERN FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS: And other fables.

Maybe by then the American people will have Banned Dem Lawmakers?

Leftist controlled California doesn't even have enough electricity to keep the lights on now. And zero plans to resolve the issue.

Internal combustion is for pussies
All of the above is the best strategy, drill baby drill...
Let people drive what they want to drive, you can be a pussy and drive a Prius if you want to

Because diesels are more powerful and have been in use in Europe for decades both as hauling power and tiny commuter cars that get like 60-70mpg. The nature of the diesel engine is to run more efficiently than the gas one. Also, I've seen a demonstration of hydrogen being produced using solar power via electrolysis of simple water. Artificial Photosynthesis Made Practical
There are others, but here's Toyota's hydrogen car: Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point
I could even envision putting flexible solar pv cells on a car, filling its tank with water with the proper salinity for the hydrolysis and having an on-board electrolysis unit making hydrogen on demand.

Electric cars could run off charging systems using linear solar thermal array "fueling stations". No unicorns here. These are things that are solid and factual. Though I can see if you had stock in gasoline production, you might want to make them seem unachievable...
Let people drive what they want to, it’s not anyone else’s business

Forum List

Back