Democracy Isn’t At Risk, Democrats Are

Lastamender

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2011
Obama tried but his argument appeals to emotion and the hope clueless people will still believe him.

Democracy Isn’t on the Ballot — It is the Ballot​

In our constitutional republic, Tuesday’s vote provides Americans our only democratic say in governance at the federal and much of the state level until the 2024 election. But rather than sell voters on why Democrats will be better representatives, the “democracy at risk” pitch pretends that electing Republicans will destroy the very democratic process the voters just engaged in. It is both silly and a circularly self-negating theory.

Someone does a lot of laughing and very little else. How many times have the majorities in our Legislative Branch changed? Why wasn't democracy destroyed every time that happened?
Can you name another election in your lifetime that had this much effort to sew distrust in our elections system? If people don’t respect or believe the results of an election then how can you say we are living in a healthy democracy?

Can you name another election in your lifetime that had this much effort to sew distrust in our elections system? If people don’t respect or believe the results of an election then how can you say we are living in a healthy democracy?
Circular logic. You have been chasing your tail since you got here. And thinking an election is a threat to democracy when it is democracy in action.

Circular logic. You have been chasing your tail since you got here. And thinking an election is a threat to democracy when it is democracy in action.
I haven’t been chasing anything. I don’t come on here and spout half cocked theories. I fact check and question those who do. In that process I usually just expose lies and assumptions like i do with you almost every time we talk.

Obama tried but his argument appeals to emotion and the hope clueless people will still believe him.

Democracy Isn’t on the Ballot — It is the Ballot​

In our constitutional republic, Tuesday’s vote provides Americans our only democratic say in governance at the federal and much of the state level until the 2024 election. But rather than sell voters on why Democrats will be better representatives, the “democracy at risk” pitch pretends that electing Republicans will destroy the very democratic process the voters just engaged in. It is both silly and a circularly self-negating theory.

“I hope you'll ask a simple question of each candidate you might vote for. Will that person accept the legitimate will of the American people or the people voting in his district or her district? Will that person accept the outcome of the election, win or lose? The answer to that question is vital. And in my opinion, it should be decisive. And the answer to that question hangs the future of the country we love so much and the fate of the democracy that has made so much possible for us.”

President Biden is correct, and the OP is wrong.

It will be Republican candidates and officeholders likely to reject the outcome of the election if they lose; it is Republicans who deny the results of the 2020 election, Republicans who propagate lies and misinformation about ‘fraud’ and ‘cheating,’ Republicans who attacked America’s democracy on 1/6.

Democracy is very much at risk – that conservatives refuse to accept this fact is further proof of that.

Forum List

Back