🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democracy: Yes or No

Last edited:
Q. Why attack CNN, why not respond rationally and consider the points I made with some thought and not echo Limbaugh.
American isnt a democracy,,,,

What are we than?
/-----/ "What are we than?"
1.) A Represenatative Republic.
2.) It's then not than.
Difference Between Then and Than | Then vs Than
The word ‘than’ is employed to indicate comparison.
Example:
A horse can run more quickly than a dog.

The word ‘then’ is employed either to indicate a sequence of events or a way of your time.
Example:
He studied and then left the library.

No need to thank me, I'm here to help.

then why do you need a driver's license or passport to fly?
Because The State has stolen your right to freely travel and sold it back to you as a privilege.
/----/ You are free to travel. No one took that away, but there are requirements to use certain means of transportation. Perfectly reasonable.
"Requirements" imposed from without is neither reasonable nor freedom.
/----/ I don't want people driving on public roads who are qualified to do so. I don't want pilots flying planes who haven't been licensed.
But we're free to travel by other means.

Because The State has stolen your right to freely travel and sold it back to you as a privilege.
/----/ You are free to travel. No one took that away, but there are requirements to use certain means of transportation. Perfectly reasonable.
/----/ I don't want people driving on public roads who are qualified to do so. I don't want pilots flying planes who haven't been licensed.
Licensing is no proof of proficiency, or even competence.

That's the border wall argument in a nutshell.
Well, there is also the factor of an immense welfare state thrown in there, in that particular context....Absent that, I'm an open borders guy.

I hear you. I've just never bought into "one bad law deserves another".

Last edited:

Well, there is also the factor of an immense welfare state thrown in there, in that particular context....Absent that, I'm an open borders guy.

I year you. I've just never bought into "one bad law deserves another".
And I don't believe that collapsing the system is a viable course of action, as many open borders libertarians/ancaps do....What rushes in to replace that collapsed system is almost always worse than that which already existed.

And I don't believe that collapsing the system is a viable course of action, as many open borders libertarians/ancaps do....

Yet you support Trump. Hmmm....

In any case, that's not what I'm advocating. But propping up bad policy with more bad policy only makes matters worse.

And I don't believe that collapsing the system is a viable course of action, as many open borders libertarians/ancaps do....

In any case, that's not what I'm advocating. But propping up bad policy with more bad policy only makes matters worse.
I actually don't support Trump on numerous issues....And I was making no comment on what you specifically my or may not support, just what a lot of those who run in the circles I do are in favor of.

Though I agree in general that piling bad policy on top of bad policy is a horrible idea, the current storming of the southern border is designed -IMO- to bring about a collapse of the system....Problem/reaction/solution, Cloward-Piven, call it what you may.

where were you for the obammy bad policies? ironic ain't it?

does he support trump or sovereignty?

I actually don't support Trump on numerous issues....And I was making no comment on what you specifically my or may not support, just what a lot of those who run in the circles I do are in favor of.

Though I agree in general that piling bad policy on top of bad policy is a horrible idea, the current storming of the southern border is designed -IMO- to bring about a collapse of the system....Problem/reaction/solution, Cloward-Piven, call it what you may.

Systems don't collapse overnight. Most of the time, eventually, they adjust to deal with reality. And the reality is, you can't have a free society and a pervasive welfare state at the same time.

It looks to me like Republicans are willing to give up free society rather than face the difficult task of pushing back on welfare.

Systems don't collapse overnight. Most of the time, eventually, they adjust to deal with reality. And the reality is, you can't have a free society and a pervasive welfare state at the same time.

It looks to me like Republicans are willing to give up free society rather than face the difficult task of pushing back on welfare.
Though the system indeed doesn't collapse overnight, the impending collapses are almost always kept under wraps until they can no longer be...Then the powers that be act all surprised...2008 comes to mind.

The republicans never have been interested in pushing back the welfare state...It's their #1 bargaining chip in getting increases for their favorite welfare program: the Pentagon.

More food for thought:

Donald Trump's feud with Congress puts American democracy on the brink - CNNPolitics

For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.

For a long while some posters have denied we are a democratic republic, and prefer to use constitutional republic, some seek to overturn the 17th Amendment and some would require only property owners the right to vote.

Even the Supreme Court has watered down democracy in the two Citizen's United decisions and overturned a key provision of the Voting Rights Act to combat racial discrimination in voting.

"We have met the enemy and he is us"
Pogo

What ever happened to noblesse oblige: " the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged."

Another "I Hate America" thread from another America-Hating dim.

shock

You truly are stupid, a bigot and a biddable fool. That off my chest, how did you come to the conclusion, ["Democracy: Yes or No?"] is a sign I hate America?

(One more Dumb Trumpanzee ^^^ whose head is clearly buried in the sand)

/----/ "Licensing is no proof of proficiency, or even competence."
With cars, I agree, but not with pilots or tug boat captains.

65% of Americans support legal weed.

How can a "democracy" still have weed "illegal?"
By having our autocratic leadership who's progressive views determines that legislation should be made to enforce our leader's morals and work ethics..

Consider that "our autocratic leadership" (whosoever that may be) is likely dependent on money to keep their job, and money comes from the special interests in droves:
  • The adult beverage industry
  • Big Pharma
  • The Illegal black market

/----/ "Licensing is no proof of proficiency, or even competence."
With cars, I agree, but not with pilots or tug boat captains.
Nearly every modern aircraft ever crashed had a licensed pilot in it.

Conversely, the entire State of Colorado managed to create modern cities without the existence of any general contractor licensing.

Donald Trump's feud with Congress puts American democracy on the brink - CNNPolitics

For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.
Your first two sentences defy all logic, begging the question as to why you even continued.

We could just as easily say "Congress's feud with President Trump puts American Democracy on the brink" and be much more accurate.

The terms "universal suffrage" and "elite" have no context or meaning. If by "elite" you mean actual US Citizen, then yes, that is without question. When an illegal alien votes in a Federal election, it is grounds for deportation under Federal law.

So bottom line, just another thread by a TDS patient.

Yawn, ^^^ a spin with no bearings

More food for thought:

For a long while some posters have denied we are a democratic republic, and prefer to use constitutional republic, some seek to overturn the 17th Amendment and some would require only property owners the right to vote.

Even the Supreme Court has watered down democracy in the two Citizen's United decisions and overturned a key provision of the Voting Rights Act to combat racial discrimination in voting.

"We have met the enemy and he is us"
Pogo

What ever happened to noblesse oblige: " the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged."
/——/ “For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.”
Sorry I can’t access my famous Strawman argument meme for your idiotic statement.

"idiotic statement"? Voter suppression is overt in many red states, by closing polling places within Democratic leaning communities, Reducing the days and/or hours to vote and the pretense that non citizens voted in mass to elect Democrats are all antidemocratic and efforts to suppress the vote of likely Democratic voters.

Last edited:
65% of Americans support legal weed.

How can a "democracy" still have weed "illegal?"
By having our autocratic leadership who's progressive views determines that legislation should be made to enforce our leader's morals and work ethics..

Consider that "our autocratic leadership" (whosoever that may be) is likely dependent on money to keep their job, and money comes from the special interests in droves:
  • The adult beverage industry
  • Big Pharma
  • The Illegal black market
The autocrats are the members of the plutocracy..

Forum List

Back