🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democracy's fatal flaw.

Democracy's greatest flaw are the majority of the electorate who are low-information voters, relying on daytime shows (e.g. The View), Hollywood / celebrities, the media and social media for insights on voting. Most (if not a majority) know more about sporting events than they do about the political candidates they vote for each time.

A successful democracy requires good citizenship and personal responsibility from everyone. In this we are sadly lacking. Good government can't make up for poor citizenship, and vice versa.

Also, that was a fine racism dogwhistle from Trump.

So how do we stop conservative parasites from doing hat?

Oh, that's right. You're getting that sweet, sweet money, paid for by the blue states, so you don't want it to end.
^^^^
Too blatanly stupid to realize where that quote actually came from.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury."

I want you to understand that I am playing devil's advocate with you here. I actually agree with you, but, how do you expect to accomplish that?
I don't. I'm actually suggesting the impossibility of it. People fear and loathe the truth, because they believe that it will result in something being taken away from them that they need in order to be happy.

I don't. I'm actually suggesting the impossibility of it. People fear and loathe the truth, because they believe that it will result in something being taken away from them that they need in order to be happy.
I found it rather funny that when Biden was campaigning he was all about super transparency and that he would always tell Americans the truth. I knew then that that was a crock of shit because no president or politician has ever done that and no president or politician ever will. They hide things and they lie and they change the subject, all to their own end. They are only transparent and truthful about the things they want you to know, usually a swipe at the other party. Biden has had numerous examples of this.

And, I even understand that government shouldn't always be honest and truthful. If an asteroid is coming to take us all out and they can't do anything about it I don't know if I would want to live in a savage world where anything goes because we've only got a couple of weeks left until we go the way of the dinosaurs. We should all die in complete and total ignorance.

Until then we should demand they tell us the truth and then criticize them for telling the truth.

^^^^
Too blatanly stupid to realize where that quote actually came from.
Why are you deflecting from the parasitism of conservatives and red states?

The counties that voted for Biden accounted for 71% of US GDP. Trump, 29%. The corrupt Republican minority tyrannizes the majority and picks our pockets.

The red states, if they seceded, would make a fine third world dictatorship hellhole nation, in both economy and in laws.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury."
I see. And the fact that a Scottish historian said that means ... exactly what? Go on. This should be hilarious.

I found it rather funny that when Biden was campaigning he was all about super transparency
In contrast, the Republicans have all been cooperating with the Jan 6 probe.

Oh wait. They haven't. Almost without exception, no matter what the issue is, Republicans stonewall or just flat-out refuse to testify.

I'm guessing you're going to justify that for reasons. Just as you're going to praise Trump for taking the fifth on everything.

In contrast, the Republicans have all been cooperating with the Jan 6 probe.

Oh wait. They haven't. Almost without exception, no matter what the issue is, Republicans stonewall or just flat-out refuse to testify.

I'm guessing you're going to justify that for reasons. Just as you're going to praise Trump for taking the fifth on everything.
It is democrats who claimed they would be transparent. They lied. And, democrats weren't even transparent about the Jan 6th investigations, refusing to release ALL of the videos, only the ones which fit their anti-Trump narrative. It's actually the Republicans who are releasing ALL of the Jan 6th investigations, not just part of them.

In all seriousness, the fatal flaw is in our style of democracy - namely, winner-take-all, plurality voting (ie lesser-of-two-evils).

Combine that with an electorate eager to be bamboozled and we have the mess we're in now.

Um. No.

Get the fuck outta here if you're for "Ranked Choice" voting.

And believe you me, that's up next on the Leftist List of Horrors.

They already did it in Alaska, who just chose a Democrat for it's only House district, despite it being overwhelmingly conservative/libertarian/freedom loving.

Anything the Left can do to dilute the Republic, it will.

Um. No.

Get the fuck outta here if you're for "Ranked Choice" voting.

And believe you me, that's up next on the Leftist List of Horrors.

A partisan objects!?!?! To a voting system that would undermine partisanship?

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
They already did it in Alaska, who just chose a Democrat for it's only House district, despite it being overwhelmingly conservative/libertarian/freedom loving.

Anything the Left can do to dilute the Republic, it will.
Yes, yes. Everything you don't understand is a trick by leftists! Better watch out, they're sneaking up on you this instant!!!

A partisan objects!?!?! I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Yes, yes. Everything you don't understand is a trick by leftists! Better watch out, they're sneaking up on you this instant!!!

I used to be a Leftist you hapless dumbfuck.

You're clearly just another asshole who stood by while the economy was locked down, and commie groups laid violent siege to cities and was like:

iu

And now you support war, corporatism, and racial discrimination.

You're asleep at the fucking wheel.

Congratulations, Democrat.

Your party is fucked, and I'm glad I'm no longer a part of it.

I used to be a Leftist you hapless dumbfuck.
No wonder. The two party death spiral is all you know.

You're clearly just another asshole who stood by while the economy was locked down, and commie groups laid violent siege to cities and was like:

Stow your simplistic, idiot-fuck assumptions. I'm a libertarian. I've never voted for a fucking Democrat, probably never will. And the biggest tragedy US politics, in my view, is that so many people are convinced that the only alternative to leftist lunacy is Trumpster lunacy. What a fucking shitshow.

I've never voted for a fucking Democrat, probably never will.

Whatever ya say anonymous internet person.

I witnessed four years of Trump vs. every other Administration in my life time. And despite all its flaws, it was still a million times better.

I don't need to hear "independent" sermons about how they're all the same blah blah blah. They're a dime a dozen, nothing original about any of it.

It's not hypothetical or philosophical, such rhetoric belongs in a museum of political antiquities.

In fact, maybe you landed here in a time machine and don't quite comprehend how different things are now?

It'd be your only plausible excuse.

If you decide to go back, say hi to 2004 for me.

And I agree, a President Kerry wouldn't have fixed shit! ;)

Whatever ya say anonymous internet person.

I witnessed four years of Trump vs. every other Administration in my life time. And despite all its flaws, it was still a million times better.

I don't need to hear "independent" sermons about how they're all the same blah blah blah. They're a dime a dozen, nothing original about any of it.

It's not hypothetical or philosophical, such rhetoric belongs in a museum of political antiquities.

In fact, maybe you landed here in a time machine and don't quite comprehend how different things are now?

It'd be your only plausible excuse.

If you decide to go back, say hi to 2004 for me.

And I agree, a President Kerry wouldn't have fixed shit! ;)
You partisan fucks are killing us. We thrash back between horseshit leftist social engineering, and bone-dead, stupid Trumpster populism.

Seriously. Biden and Trump are the best we can do!?!?!? Jesus fuck, let's just throw in the towel already.

Politicians have two choices,

Tell you lies and retain your vote.
Tell you the truth and lose your vote.

Guess which one they choose.

OR, they can tell us the truth and still get our votes.

For example, the people need to hear and understand the truth about the consequences of our addiction to spending and using debt to feed that habit.

And they’ll get my vote. And they the. Best act accordingly.

Not a Democrat in America fits the bill.

You partisan fucks are killing us. We thrash back between horseshit leftist social engineering, and bone-dead, stupid Trumpster populism.

Seriously. Biden and Trump are the best we can do!?!?!? Jesus fuck, let's just throw in the towel already.
Alternatively you can smarten up.

Forum List

Back