Democrat Bob Beckel: “I Got a Call from Somebody at the White House…”

Politics is politics. Chicago isn't different than anywhere else.

Yes it is.

Chicago Called Most Corrupt City In Nation « CBS Chicago

Chicago is famous for corruption, sure. In our minds, it's connected to the concept of corruption.

Public perception isn't the same as reality, though.

Pretending that the city of Chicago invented corruption and personality politics is completely asinine, though.

Richard Daly was nothing compared to Boss Tweed.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Boss Tweed died in 1878. Chicago's excesses are current and extreme.

Chicago didn't invent corruption, but it has made an art form out of it.

Last edited:

Yes it is.

Chicago is famous for corruption, sure. In our minds, it's connected to the concept of corruption.

Pretending that the city of Chicago invented corruption and personality politics is completely asinine, though.

You notice how I provided a link and everything?

You notice how I provided a link and everything?

I read your link. There are a lot of problems with the data he's using.

Measuring corruption by conviction rate doesn't take into account all the corruption that doesn't get prosecuted.

There's no question that Chicago has a long history of corruption. I'm not arguing that at all.

I'm arguing the asinine claim that Chicago somehow "invented" corruption.

This is better than any gift or the like. Watching the final nail in the Coffin of the, hem, hem, historical FAIL of the Obama presidency.

What a wad

-Geaux

I'm arguing the asinine claim that Chicago somehow "invented" corruption.

Who made that claim?

The person my post was responding to.

nice spin attempt. the point was that chicago politics has been corrupt for years, the politics of personal destruction originated there, obama learned it there. obama is a chicago political thug.

Then you LIED.

Because simple corruption and politics of personal destruction are not the same things

You bet. We are talking Chicago here.

This is not a joke my friend.

You couldn't find Chicago on a U.S. Map.

You people are ridiculous with your moronic Fox News talking points.

Do you realize how stupid you sound making a reference to Chicago with every criticism of Obama? Without NYC, Chicago, and Los Angeles -- all of you country bumpkins and red state fools would starve and turn to cannibalism within a year.

• NYC - controls your money and your employers' money, stocks, insurance.
  • Chicago - #2 Business and corporate Hub. + Central Rail and trucking hub.
  • Los Angeles - #3 Business and corporate Hub. + Largest Port in U.S.

You don't like those three cities?? Well, guess what? We don't give a shit. You're an ungrateful bug in their eyes. They'll tolerate your disrespect as long as you promise to never, ever, ever come to their city. Just stay in Dumbfuckistan and we'll keep the machine running and the junk food, cheap goods, and cable tv flowing your way.
YOU won't do shit. You're nobody. Utterly powerless.

All you can do is talk tough on the internet -- and you're no good at that.

You bet. We are talking Chicago here.

This is not a joke my friend.

Do you realize how stupid you sound making a reference to Chicago with every criticism of Obama? Without NYC, Chicago, and Los Angeles -- all of you country bumpkins and red state fools would starve and turn to cannibalism within a year.

You don't like those three cities?? Well, guess what? We don't give a shit. You're an ungrateful bug in their eyes. They'll tolerate your disrespect as long as you promise to never, ever, ever come to their city. Just stay in Dumbfuckistan and we'll keep the machine running and the junk food, cheap goods, and cable tv flowing your way.

What the hell was that?
A demand for respect not for anything he's done, but simply for where he lives...as if that's some remarkable achievement.

Although, to be fair, not having been shot yet in Chicago is, I suppose, something to brag about.

Yes it is.

They didn't invent it...but they sure did perfect it.

Ah yes...because as we all know...it's the big cities that are the BACKBONE of America! All those people in the "fly over" States need to just shut up and pay their taxes so that the big cities don't go into bankruptcy.

You know that in terms of tax revenue, the "fly over states" count for a tiny fraction of the revenue generated by big cities, right?

I know it makes you guys feel better to think that the good ol' boys in Bumfuck, Iowa are footing NYC's tax bill, but it's nonsense.

Yeah. Good luck feeding yourselves with rooftop container gardens.

Forum List

Back