Democrat Bob Beckel: “I Got a Call from Somebody at the White House…”

If you expect the exact figure when you're just answering above or below 49, you're an idiot...

Dumbshit, they are covering up the true costs....they are assuming ths subsidies, franco just stop...you are no more than a liar.

If a "liberal for a paycheck" isn't supporting the ACA then who will?

Nobody called him? Oh, so now you're accusing Beckel of lying about getting a call from the White House? Really?

And I suppose that's it's a total coincidence that Carson had never been audited BEFORE he became a visible critic of the President and was audited as soon as he was? Yeah...sure!

Yes. I am accusing him of lying. Carson too. Lying is SOP for you 30%ers. It comes natural to you.
If only you were able to see the lies of the left...

But of course, that will never happen. In case of a discrepancy between reality and a progressive, reality is wrong.

I see the lies of the left.

You can go on Healthcare.gov and check plan prices without signing up now. I just did it a few minutes ago.

Platinum plan for my family of four......$925-1000 per month.

Gold plan.......similar to what we now have......$625-700.
That would be good...if it's accurate.

It may not be.

HealthCare.gov pricing feature can be off the mark - CBS News

(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov. It stems from the Obama administration's efforts to improve its health care website. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance.

The administration announced it would provide a new "shop and browse" feature Sunday, but it's not giving consumers the real picture. In some cases, people could end up paying double of what they see on the website, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported Wednesday on "CBS This Morning."

--

Industry analysts point to how the website lumps people only into two broad categories: "49 or under" and "50 or older."

Jonathan Wu is co-founder of Valuepenguin.com, a consumer finance website focusing on the impact of health care reform. His company has built a tool that provides quotes for plans on the federal exchange. He said it's "incredibly misleading for people that are trying to get a sense of what they're paying."

Prices for everyone in the 49-or-under group are based on what a 27-year-old would pay. In the 50-or-older group, prices are based on what a 50-year-old would pay.

CBS News ran the numbers for a 48-year-old in Charlotte, N.C., ineligible for subsidies. According to HealthCare.gov, she would pay $231 a month, but the actual plan on Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina's website costs $360, more than 50 percent higher. The difference: Blue Cross and Blue Shield requests your birthday before providing more accurate estimates.

The numbers for older Americans are even more striking. A 62-year-old in Charlotte looking for the same basic plan would get a price estimate on the government website of $394. The actual price is $634.

--

Industry executives CBS News spoke with could not believe the government is providing these estimates, which they said were useless and could easily mislead consumers. They also said that the website repeatedly states the actual prices could be lower, but it makes no mention that they could be higher.​

Everything this Administration touches turns to shit.

I work for BCBS, they are asking incomplete questions and assuming the subsidies, we have been dealing with this for about a week.

Last edited:
They are going after Beckel? Who the heck cares what he says. I mean he seems like a decent enough guy but he could easily be ignored.

ANOTHER bs gotcha- Just put in your birth date, and you get the correct figure...

Not from healthcare.gov, you don't.

2qdbext.png

The next page doesn't narrow the age range any further. There is no place at all to enter your birth date.

You're utterly wrong.

If you expect the exact figure when you're just answering above or below 49, you're an idiot...
You just said you can put in your birth date.

Which is it?

You can't even keep your talking points straight.

Like I said before...why is this Administration so concerned about the opinions of Bob Beckel or Josi Joseph that they are calling one on the carpet and firing the other? Contrast the way that Obama handles criticism with how W. did...it's like night and day. Bush was criticized constantly and seldom responded to the criticism. Obama get's criticized infrequently and gets downright childish when it happens. It's pretty sad when a White House can't handle being called out on it's OBVIOUS failings without attacking the messenger.

Well done. It has now become historical fact that President Obama himself is concerned with Bob Beckel.

Obama is criticized infrequently? You actually said that?

Burst the bubble, man. Just do it already.

Dude, are you serious? With the economy...unemployment...the deficit...the first credit downgrade in our history...Benghazi...the IRS scandal...wiretapping the press...a confused foreign policy...broken promises on things like no lobbyists in his administration and being transparent? This is a President who's first term was a train wreck and who's second has started out with an absolute fiasco with the ObamaCare roll out, yet he is given kid glove treatment by the media. YES...I ACTUALLY SAID THAT!!! AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN!!!

Last edited:
Why are you guys pretending that getting a phone call is some terrible punitive action taken by the President?

Why would the WH call a talking head?

he stepped out of line and needed to be reminded not to do so again.

If he was at msn, he'd be unemployed

It's soft tyranny

Anything to back this little fantasy scenario up?

Straw men like "If he was... then this would have happened..." don't count.

Juan Williams was fired from NPR for saying he gets a little nervous when he sees arabs on a plane.

Juan Williams fired - Search Yahoo Search Results

not a straw man

You can go on Healthcare.gov and check plan prices without signing up now. I just did it a few minutes ago.

That would be good...if it's accurate.

It may not be.

HealthCare.gov pricing feature can be off the mark - CBS News

(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov. It stems from the Obama administration's efforts to improve its health care website. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance.

The administration announced it would provide a new "shop and browse" feature Sunday, but it's not giving consumers the real picture. In some cases, people could end up paying double of what they see on the website, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported Wednesday on "CBS This Morning."

--

Industry analysts point to how the website lumps people only into two broad categories: "49 or under" and "50 or older."

Jonathan Wu is co-founder of Valuepenguin.com, a consumer finance website focusing on the impact of health care reform. His company has built a tool that provides quotes for plans on the federal exchange. He said it's "incredibly misleading for people that are trying to get a sense of what they're paying."

Prices for everyone in the 49-or-under group are based on what a 27-year-old would pay. In the 50-or-older group, prices are based on what a 50-year-old would pay.

CBS News ran the numbers for a 48-year-old in Charlotte, N.C., ineligible for subsidies. According to HealthCare.gov, she would pay $231 a month, but the actual plan on Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina's website costs $360, more than 50 percent higher. The difference: Blue Cross and Blue Shield requests your birthday before providing more accurate estimates.

The numbers for older Americans are even more striking. A 62-year-old in Charlotte looking for the same basic plan would get a price estimate on the government website of $394. The actual price is $634.

--

Industry executives CBS News spoke with could not believe the government is providing these estimates, which they said were useless and could easily mislead consumers. They also said that the website repeatedly states the actual prices could be lower, but it makes no mention that they could be higher.​

Everything this Administration touches turns to shit.

I work for BCBS, they are asking incomplete questions and assuming the subsidies, we have been dealing with this for about a week.

Those numbers I gave were without subsidies. Go check it out.

Bob Beckel is a decent, albeit sadly misguided guy.

Sometimes - well, actually just about every time - when I watch The Five, I wish that he would not be overwhelmed by four conservatives.

A permanent supporter liberal on The Five panel would also prove that FOX is "fair and balanced".

Sometimes - well, actually just about every time - when I watch The Five, I wish that he would not be overwhelmed by four conservatives.

A permanent supporter liberal on The Five panel would also prove that FOX is "fair and balanced".

Beckel can hang just fine with the 5 crew. Now that he has strayed from the dem plantation, he will be demonized by the left as they try to disown him.

I like Bechtel. Always have.

If he says he got a call why would I or anyone else disbelieve him?

Why would he lie about it?? Whats to be gained by lying??

Go to BSNBC or Bill Maher and it's usually 4 libs and no cons.

Fox always provides a loud mouthed liberal to push the left's talking points. It usually turns into a shouting match.

:eusa_eh:

$10-12k a year is pretty damned expensive.

The worst part of the plans I's the deductible. Depending on income it can be $13k - $27k which doesn't pay for anything.

You bet. We are talking Chicago here.

This is not a joke my friend.

You couldn't find Chicago on a U.S. Map.

You people are ridiculous with your moronic Fox News talking points.

Do you realize how stupid you sound making a reference to Chicago with every criticism of Obama? Without NYC, Chicago, and Los Angeles -- all of you country bumpkins and red state fools would starve and turn to cannibalism within a year.

• NYC - controls your money and your employers' money, stocks, insurance.
  • Chicago - #2 Business and corporate Hub. + Central Rail and trucking hub.
  • Los Angeles - #3 Business and corporate Hub. + Largest Port in U.S.

You don't like those three cities?? Well, guess what? We don't give a shit. You're an ungrateful bug in their eyes. They'll tolerate your disrespect as long as you promise to never, ever, ever come to their city. Just stay in Dumbfuckistan and we'll keep the machine running and the junk food, cheap goods, and cable tv flowing your way.

Forum List

Back