Democrat extortion & greed policies vs conservative policies

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
For YEARS the left have condemned businesses. Tried to force ridiculous pay raises on them. Tried to force Americans to buy their products (ACA) Tried to tax them more. Regulated many of them to near extinction. Created unions that bankrupted them.

All in an effort to "help American workers" and the results? 8 years of stagnant growth at a snails pace. Higher poverty. Lower wages. Anemic GDP, etc...

VS

The conservative ideals of tax cuts, appropriate deregulation & personal freedom. All of which has been achieved under Trump in the past year.
The results? Rapid growth. A GDP that doesn't need a blood transfusion. Tax cuts for near all Americans. Increased wages. Millions receiving bonuses from employers because of the tax cuts. Freedom to buy the insurance you want rather than what the government demands. The lowest black unemployment in recorded history. Businesses bringing back revenue the irs could never tax. American businesses bringing some of the jobs back. Foreign companies investing inside American borders.

Conservative principles in one year have achieved what Democratic extortion couldn't in 8.

I hope Americans are paying attention to results rather than rhetoric. What we are witnessing is the rebirth of American Exceptionalism. The left would have you believe these first steps are "crumbs"

Partisanship aside is there a single leftie who would admit that things are looking pretty damn good right now?

Economic policies take years to play out and for us to see an effect. I think most of what you see is the cumumlative effects of several years or even decades worth of policy and many factors that arent even under a presidents control.

Partisanship aside is there a single leftie who would admit that things are looking pretty damn good right now?
If by things you mean the economy I'll admit that things are looking pretty damn good right now.

There is certainly an (irrational?) exuberance out there. The market was hitting records even before Trump was inaugurated. I do worry that part of it is the adrenaline rush of the tax cuts. We borrowed money and gave most of it to the rich and businesses. I doubt the rich will do much to help the economy but the tax cut business stimulus may pay off, I don't know. I don't like being used as a guinea pig but I'll give Trump credit if there is no crash before 2020.

Economic policies take years to play out and for us to see an effect. I think most of what you see is the cumumlative effects of several years or even decades worth of policy and many factors that arent even under a presidents control.
Investors make plans based on current events and prospects for returns based on the current & near future climate.

How many jobs have actually come back? (Note that these claims ignore the fact that the bulk of job losses are through automation and increased efficiency). I see a lot of crowing about black unemployment...so what has Trump specifically dont to improve it?

If by things you mean the economy I'll admit that things are looking pretty damn good right now.

There is certainly an (irrational?) exuberance out there. The market was hitting records even before Trump was inaugurated. I do worry that part of it is the adrenaline rush of the tax cuts. We borrowed money and gave most of it to the rich and businesses. I doubt the rich will do much to help the economy but the tax cut business stimulus may pay off, I don't know. I don't like being used as a guinea pig but I'll give Trump credit if there is no crash before 2020.
Fair enough I suppose. I will admit I have had a tiny bit of concern about a bubble forming because of the rapid spike in such a short time.

Investors make plans based on current events and prospects for returns based on the current & near future climate.
They do but they take the longview and they look for stability. They dont make rapid changes. Remember Obama's tax cut done as a stimulous? And Bush's? Neither had any appreciable effect did they?

How many jobs have actually come back? (Note that these claims ignore the fact that the bulk of job losses are through automation and increased efficiency). I see a lot of crowing about black unemployment...so what has Trump specifically dont to improve it?
He got out of the way. Unlike Obama who tried to micromanage everything right down to new car sales, Trump has tried to get the government out of the way via massive deregulation & real stimulation via tax cuts and reduced repatriation fees.

Market crashes and recoveries will both happen before 2020, mostly due to the learning curve.

They do but they take the longview and they look for stability. They dont make rapid changes. Remember Obama's tax cut done as a stimulous? And Bush's? Neither had any appreciable effect did they?
Businesses don't hire based on 10 year trends or prospects. They hire based on their current needs. Thanks to the tax cuts MANY businesses see the opportunity for expansion & are responding appropriately to maximize their profitability. Which will & has resulted in New jobs created & new revenue streams for the irs

He got out of the way. Unlike Obama who tried to micromanage everything right down to new car sales, Trump has tried to get the government out of the way via massive deregulation & real stimulation via tax cuts and reduced repatriation fees.
He did nothing in otherwords.

What has been the black unemployment trend?

180122103721-black-unemployment-340xa.jpg

You think credit really belongs to Trump?

Businesses don't hire based on 10 year trends or prospects. They hire based on their current needs. Thanks to the tax cuts MANY businesses see the opportunity for expansion & are responding appropriately to maximize their profitability. Which will & has resulted in New jobs created & new revenue streams for the irs
I am going to hold off on yea or nay for a few years because it will take thst long to know how all the many factors play out. It was the same way for Obama in getting us out of the recession.

He did nothing in otherwords.

What has been the black unemployment trend?

180122103721-black-unemployment-340xa.jpg

You think credit really belongs to Trump?
I absolutely do. I am seeing FIRST HAND the results of his election in my business. Construction has been pretty stagnant for some time. This time of year is supposed to be slow but we are scheduled out months in advance and that is very unusual in winter. It's been this way since shortly after his victory.
And of course that doesn't just effect me but since Democrats don't believe in trickle down economics you wouldn't understand.

I am going to hold off on yea or nay for a few years because it will take thst long to know how all the many factors play out. It was the same way for Obama in getting us out of the recession.
Well you hold off and let the rest of America reap the rewards. Enjoy the dust

They have looked good for the past 10 years, it's what you make of life and yourself. If one has failed that's on them not the government.

One other question...if business have been able to increase efficiency through automation, making it work with automation, fewer employees and using freelancers (no benefits, health insurance, or pension costs)...why would they start adding jobs and cutting into profits? One reason I am skeptical of the rainbows and unicorns infesting these claims.

Well you hold off and let the rest of America reap the rewards. Enjoy the dust
We have been reaping them for the last 6 years, not thst you would acknowledge it since it was under Obama right?

Forum List

Back