Democrat gun control destroyed.

The stats and facts she presents destroys the leftist anti- gun agenda.

I‘m sure the first reaction will be to call it “fake news” without any attempt to disprove the facts presented.

Good for her.

Nostra. Try your link again. It didn't make it.

Facts are a terrible waste on fascist democrats. They just ignore them

To summarize:

1690680866724.png

It was a video the issue is on your end
Great! Somebody has figured out how to background something in facebook videos, my system recognizes as intrusive. First of his I've seen like that. Usually just owl, who I quit reading months ago, unless multiple complaints, for the same thing.

Facts, like these

Eor every person who uses a gun in self-defense, the research finds, nearly six people use a gun to commit a crime.

the percentage of people who told Kleck they used a gun in self-defense is similar to the percentage of Americans who said they were abducted by aliens.

. It’s odd to cite hunting and home defense as reasons to keep selling a rifle that’s not particularly well suited, and definitely not necessary, for either. Bolt-action rifles and shotguns can also be used for hunting and home defense. Unfortunately, those guns aren’t particularly lucrative for gunmakers. The lobby’s fervent defense of military-style semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15 seems motivated primarily by a desire to protect the profits in the rapidly growing “modern sporting rifle” segment of the industry.

Facts, like these

Eor every person who uses a gun in self-defense, the research finds, nearly six people use a gun to commit a crime.

the percentage of people who told Kleck they used a gun in self-defense is similar to the percentage of Americans who said they were abducted by aliens.

. It’s odd to cite hunting and home defense as reasons to keep selling a rifle that’s not particularly well suited, and definitely not necessary, for either. Bolt-action rifles and shotguns can also be used for hunting and home defense. Unfortunately, those guns aren’t particularly lucrative for gunmakers. The lobby’s fervent defense of military-style semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15 seems motivated primarily by a desire to protect the profits in the rapidly growing “modern sporting rifle” segment of the industry.

There are many more links, this one's not behind a pay wall.

To call the members of eeh polituical party "the Democrats" fascsists" is by the way nothing else than a fascsist brainwash. Which Borg Queen is producing what you call in the USA "politics" which is without any form of reality?

Attack us you punks, you will find out what 300 million guns can do.

Feed scrap presses? ... And psychiatric hospitals? ... Or whatelse to do with a weaponed drunkard or drug addict like you?

I am by the way a German and not a citizen of the USA. So you like to do a civil war in the USA on reason a German criticized one of your US-American
absurdities. Do you really think you are sane?

Last edited:
There are many more links, this one's not behind a pay wall.

From your link,

"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year... in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

How in the hell does that make sense? 300,000 violent crimes, three million defensive use of guns? What the hell, you mean an armed thug gets shot ten times before they can successfully complete a crime? Or at least are chased away with a gun ten times for every victim.

The numbers are laughably stupid. It is the damn Kleck study that has been ripped apart so many times that it should never be quoted yet is probably the most cited source by all the gun nuts. He contacted two thousand households and asked them, have you used a gun in self defense in the last six months?

"Hell yeah I have", says Cletus Redneck. "I heard a noise outside, pulled out my handy dandy assault rifle from under the bed, stepped out on the back porch, saw some movement in the nearby woods, and let em have it. Damn sure I shot at least one of the thugs."

First problem--that wasn't six months ago, it was three years ago.

Second problem--nobody showed up at the local emergency room with a gun shot, no blood was found in the woods, hell, not even footprints.

Third problem--the noise Cletus heard was not criminals, it was a raccoon going through his trash.

I doubt less than ten percent of those self identified defensive gun uses were legit. And of that ten percent, probably not ten percent of them actually happened in the last six months. That turns the three million into 30,000, a much more reasonable number.

And here is the thing. Can an assault weapon be used in self-defense? Sure it can, but so can a flame-thrower. That is not the argument.

Is an assault weapon more effective in self-defense than other weapons? Probably not, but that is not the argument either.

The argument is simple. Does the legalization of assault weapons provide more benefits to society than the harm caused by them? That is the argument and I have yet to see anyone, anywhere, even attempt to make that argument.

From your link,

"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year... in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

How in the hell does that make sense? 300,000 violent crimes, three million defensive use of guns? What the hell, you mean an armed thug gets shot ten times before they can successfully complete a crime? Or at least are chased away with a gun ten times for every victim.

The numbers are laughably stupid. It is the damn Kleck study that has been ripped apart so many times that it should never be quoted yet is probably the most cited source by all the gun nuts. He contacted two thousand households and asked them, have you used a gun in self defense in the last six months?

"Hell yeah I have", says Cletus Redneck. "I heard a noise outside, pulled out my handy dandy assault rifle from under the bed, stepped out on the back porch, saw some movement in the nearby woods, and let em have it. Damn sure I shot at least one of the thugs."

First problem--that wasn't six months ago, it was three years ago.

Second problem--nobody showed up at the local emergency room with a gun shot, no blood was found in the woods, hell, not even footprints.

Third problem--the noise Cletus heard was not criminals, it was a raccoon going through his trash.

I doubt less than ten percent of those self identified defensive gun uses were legit. And of that ten percent, probably not ten percent of them actually happened in the last six months. That turns the three million into 30,000, a much more reasonable number.

And here is the thing. Can an assault weapon be used in self-defense? Sure it can, but so can a flame-thrower. That is not the argument.

Is an assault weapon more effective in self-defense than other weapons? Probably not, but that is not the argument either.

The argument is simple. Does the legalization of assault weapons provide more benefits to society than the harm caused by them? That is the argument and I have yet to see anyone, anywhere, even attempt to make that argument.

Poor little stupid commie. The link I gave was quoting maobama's CDC, not Kleck, and in the vast majority of DGUs no shots are fired. Also AR style utility rifles are great for women, they're easier for them to aim and a lot less recoil than handguns or shotguns. It seems you're most effective operating from never, never land.

I can provide a ton more links, but you're not worth my time.

The stats and facts she presents destroys the leftist anti- gun agenda.

I‘m sure the first reaction will be to call it “fake news” without any attempt to disprove the facts presented.

Good for her.

Leftists have no anti-gun agenda.

The left supports gun ownership rights.

You're talking about liberals.

Poor little stupid commie. The link I gave was quoting maobama's CDC, not Kleck,

Reading comprehension not your strong point I see. From your initial link,

It has since been refuted by several studies, including one by Florida State University criminologist Gary Kleck, indicating Americans use guns for self-defense 2.5 million times annually.

Facts, like these

So what makes you the authority that you can tell other people what gun they should buy for home defense?

What do you care? An AR 15 is just a semiautomatic rifle just like any other semiautomatic rifle that has been available to civilians for over 100 years now.

If you want to discuss whether any rifle is suitable for home defense then start that debate and it still comes down to personal preference and even economics for people.

Maybe a person can't afford multiple firearms and wants just one that can be used for several purposes.

When it comes down to brass tacks the single best firearm for home defense is the one you have not the one people like you say you should have.

Forum List

Back