Democrat Platform destroys the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The filthy ass Democrats have never understood the Bill of Rights, have they?

Elect the asshole Democrats and you get your Constitution rights taken away and they tell you that it is for your own good.

They sure as hell don't understand what the word "infringement" means, do they? Typical for uneducated Liberals.

The only license I need to own a gun is the Bill of Rights. I sure as hell don't need some Democrat Moon Bat politician that have never fired a firearm telling me how to store and keep my firearms.

12020 Democratic Party Platform

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault
or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check
system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been
convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale
of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing
requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove
guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass
legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun
companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will
prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.
Wait! Former President Obama took all your guns.....that's why no 2nd Amendment supporters today are caring about the government jack-booted thugs in Portland. They are helpless without their guns.
You douchebags have been denying for 50 years that you want to implement gun control, and now here's the undeniable truth in print.
This douchebag has never denied it, I've always been in favor of gun control. I don't think anyone needs an M2 or a minigun but that's just me. I don't deny I want to confiscate guns from criminals, minors, and the mentally ill. Sport and self-defense uses are fine with me so long as you are responsible and know what you're doing.
Why should anyone give a shit what you believe? The 2nd Amendment is cut and dried.

Why should anyone give a shit what you believe? The 2nd Amendment is cut and dried.
Really? Is that what you believe? How many court cases have been heard on this 'cut and dried' issue?

The reality is:
  • The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Such language has created considerable debate regarding the Amendment's intended scope.
  • The SCOTUS recently reinterpreted the 2nd to be an individual right as opposed to a militia right
  • Former Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Warren Burger argues that the sale, purchase, and use of guns should be regulated just as automobiles and boats are regulated; such regulations would not violate the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution

Elect the asshole Democrats and you get your Constitution rights taken away and they tell you that it is for your own good.

They sure as hell don't understand what the word "infringement" means, do they? Typical for uneducated Liberals.

The only license I need to own a gun is the Bill of Rights. I sure as hell don't need some Democrat Moon Bat politician that have never fired a firearm telling me how to store and keep my firearms.

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault
or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check
system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been
convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale
of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing
requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove
guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass
legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun
companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will
prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

My god, in all this pandemic disaster, 2/3rds of states voted to hold a Constitutional convention and then the 2nd Amendment was revoked??? :)
Why weren't we told? Why wasn't the media all over this? :)
Nothing in this paragraph is anything new and has been stated across multiple bills introduced in the House.
Nothing in this paragraph infringes upon a law abiding citizens right to own and operate a firearm.
A lot of it is just common sense. Especially securing a firearm in your home. We don't need legislation for that. You should be doing that as a matter of course.

You don't understand that the filthy ass Democrats have a plan to do away with the Second Amendment by simply infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms one oppressive law at a time.

It will continue until the Supremes tell the jackasses to knock it off and then the Democrats will ignore it just like they did with Heller..

Terrible platform that infringes upon the right. All Americans should reject it.
The gun-nutters like you are doing the gun debate no favors by making their arguments all a bunch of scare tactics divorced from reality. It's like trying to have a discussion on extraterrestrial life with a UFO nut wearing a tinfoil hat. Just can't take your phantom fears seriously.
Shit bug you leftists have been devoid from reality since November 2016 The Schiff Sham speaks volumes about leftists mental instability

Democrats will only do what the courts will allow and even then........guns, abortion, immigration.....they are all things the two sides use to separate people and little more.
shit for brains it's not what the courts think it's what the Constitution DICTATES

Really? Is that what you believe? How many court cases have been heard on this 'cut and dried' issue?

The reality is:
  • The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Such language has created considerable debate regarding the Amendment's intended scope.
  • The SCOTUS recently reinterpreted the 2nd to be an individual right as opposed to a militia right
  • Former Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Warren Burger argues that the sale, purchase, and use of guns should be regulated just as automobiles and boats are regulated; such regulations would not violate the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
Dam son how many times will you leftists ignore the part where it says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I don't see how the Bill of Rights or any legislation prevents regulations around gun ownership. We have legal regulations for all of our constitutional rights. Can you explain how the second amendment is different?
interesting but what other rights will you find the words SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I don't see how the Bill of Rights or any legislation prevents regulations around gun ownership. We have legal regulations for all of our constitutional rights. Can you explain how the second amendment is different?
interesting but what other rights will you find the words SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
None

The reality is:

And Supreme Court Justice Harry Billings Brown said in Plessy v Ferguson that Separate but Equal was Constitutional too.....

The reality is:

And this is what sitting Justices actually said.....

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.

We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001),
the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

The reality is:

And this is what Justice Scalia wrote in Friedman.......after he wrote the majority opinion in Heller....

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf
That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.
The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

The reality is:

And boats and cars are not Protected Rights...guns are.......

The reality is:
Speech and assembly are Rights but there are limits imposed on each. We have Rights, we don't have absolute Rights, they are all limited in one way or another.

The reality is:
Speech and assembly are Rights but there are limits imposed on each. We have Rights, we don't have absolute Rights, they are all limited in one way or another.
The limits are never what SJW assholes claim they are.

The reality is:

And there are limits on the Right to own and carry guns.....you can't use a gun to rob, rape and murder people.......we laws for that already....we don't need anymore.

And there are limits on the Right to own and carry guns.....you can't use a gun to rob, rape and murder people.......we laws for that already....we don't need anymore.
There are limits on the Right to own and carry guns yet people still use guns to rob, rape and murder people. Maybe the laws we have are flawed?

Forum List

Back