Democrat Sheep Instructed You Must Not ‘Do Your Own Research’

You Must Not ‘Do Your Own Research’ When It Comes To Science​

“Research both sides and make up your own mind.” It’s simple, straightforward, common sense advice. And when it comes to issues like vaccinations, climate change, and the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, it can be dangerous, destructive, and even deadly. The techniques that most of us use to navigate most of our decisions in life — gathering information, evaluating it based on what we know, and choosing a course of action — can lead to spectacular failures when it comes to a scientific matter.

THURSDAY, Aug. 17, 2023 (HealthDay News) -- The idea of “doing your own research” didn’t begin with the pandemic, but new research suggests that those who follow that ideology have been more likely to believe COVID misinformation.
“We had heard the phrase a lot before,” prior to the pandemic, said researcher Sedona Chinn, a professor of life sciences communication at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
It was “coming from a lot of online, anti-vaccine rhetoric,” she added.
The researchers knew people who were willing to “occasionally do weird, unproven stuff, typically around health,” Chinn said. “It’s not like they reject doctors and medical expertise, but they think their opinion can be equally valid if they do their own research.”

Do demofk schools not teach this skill anymore and why the sheep are so sheep?

The data indicate that teachers in this study place tremendous value on research skills, with most reporting assigning a research paper to their students in the 2011-2012 academic year and spending class time teaching various research skills to their students. These lessons are aimed at addressing deficits they see in today’s students.

It is amazing to me that demofks really believe in the do not do your own research, to stop opposition of their narratives. This is indeed the demofk push nationally and globally. Folks, please post any articles that you can do research on that you can find.

trump has driven them to a collective madness...........they be wrong 100% on anything

this is so fun to watch people waste 8 yrs of their lives on one man.......their lifespans had to have gone down 3 yrs compared to average..........and this is a good thing....less carbon sayeth john kerry

The point is that people will use the internet to support what they already want to believe. It's not really "doing your own research" so much as finding any opinion that supports your own so you can ignore everything else.

The quality of the source is irrelevant.
Or one can quit being weird and just talk with their doctor.

And yet COVID killed Republicans at higher rates than Democrats. How could that be since you guys are so goddamn smart?

COVID should never have been made a political football, and both parties are guilty of using it like one. We should have focused on those at highest risk of mortality instead of panicking.

COVID should never have been made a political football, and both parties are guilty of using it like one. We should have focused on those at highest risk of mortality instead of panicking.
Hindsight is always 20/20, because at first we had no idea who was at highest risk. Furthermore, given the state of our country's health, a considerable portion of the population was at high risk anyway.

But yeah, we needed better leaders who could unify the country instead of turning COVID into another culture war between political parties. It would have saved so many lives.

Meh, there's some weird doctors out there, which means they can doctor shop until they get someone that tells them what they want to hear.
Yes, one should rely on the internet and not the trained professional you hired to keep you and your family alive.

Yes, one should rely on the internet and not the trained professional you hired to keep you and your family alive.
I'm just saying that individual doctors are also prone to error. The best information comes from the large medical organizations who have the greatest expertise in the area.

If my family doctor conflicts with the Infectious Disease Society of America, I'd probably go with the IDSA first.

I'm just saying that individual doctors are also prone to error. The best information comes from the large medical organizations who have the greatest expertise in the area.

If my family doctor conflicts with the Infectious Disease Society of America, I'd probably go with the IDSA first.
Thats fair.

And yet COVID killed Republicans at higher rates than Democrats. How could that be since you guys are so goddamn smart?

You do know that is not what the study actually said, right?

You do know that is not what the study actually said, right?
Go on and tell me what it actually said, because this is the conclusion:
Our study found evidence of higher excess mortality for Republican voters compared with Democratic voters in Florida and Ohio after, but not before, COVID-19 vaccines were available to all adults in the US. These differences in excess death rates were larger in counties with lower vaccination rates. If differences in COVID-19 vaccination by political party affiliation persist, particularly in the absence of other pandemic mitigation strategies, the higher excess death rate observed among Republican voters may continue through subsequent stages of the pandemic.

In other words only believe what the Moon Bat leaders tell you.

For instance, believe this silly AGW horseshit instead of the tremendous scientific data that says it is a scam.

Go on and tell me what it actually said, because this is the conclusion:
Our study found evidence of higher excess mortality for Republican voters compared with Democratic voters in Florida and Ohio after, but not before, COVID-19 vaccines were available to all adults in the US. These differences in excess death rates were larger in counties with lower vaccination rates. If differences in COVID-19 vaccination by political party affiliation persist, particularly in the absence of other pandemic mitigation strategies, the higher excess death rate observed among Republican voters may continue through subsequent stages of the pandemic.
IOW, it became a political football, with parties trying to score cheap political points at the expense of people's lives.

For instance, believe this silly AGW horseshit instead of the tremendous scientific data that says it is a scam.
I'm old enough to remember when Republicans tried telling us the earth wasn't warming and was going to be cooling in the next decade.

That was a decade ago, when people could ignore the warming temperatures. Now, it's obvious to everyone that the earth is warming.

There's NO such thing as a VACCINE for ANY AIRBORNE RESPIRATORY VIRUSES EVER!!!!!!
Your mrna shots are EXPERIMENTAL INJECTIONS you FOOL!!!!!

I have been telling them this for 3 1/2 years. They do not want to be confused with facts,

ORANGE MAN BAD….TRUST THE GOVERNMENT AND BIG PHARMA.

They are dumb as shit.

I have been telling them this for 3 1/2 years. They do not want to be confused with facts,

ORANGE MAN BAD….TRUST THE GOVERNMENT AND BIG PHARMA.

They are dumb as shit.
Fact is the vaccine saved a lot of lives. The data is plain as day.

What is your independent research from again?

Forum List

Back