Democrat Sheep Instructed You Must Not ‘Do Your Own Research’

You Must Not ‘Do Your Own Research’ When It Comes To Science​

“Research both sides and make up your own mind.” It’s simple, straightforward, common sense advice. And when it comes to issues like vaccinations, climate change, and the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, it can be dangerous, destructive, and even deadly. The techniques that most of us use to navigate most of our decisions in life — gathering information, evaluating it based on what we know, and choosing a course of action — can lead to spectacular failures when it comes to a scientific matter.

THURSDAY, Aug. 17, 2023 (HealthDay News) -- The idea of “doing your own research” didn’t begin with the pandemic, but new research suggests that those who follow that ideology have been more likely to believe COVID misinformation.
“We had heard the phrase a lot before,” prior to the pandemic, said researcher Sedona Chinn, a professor of life sciences communication at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
It was “coming from a lot of online, anti-vaccine rhetoric,” she added.
The researchers knew people who were willing to “occasionally do weird, unproven stuff, typically around health,” Chinn said. “It’s not like they reject doctors and medical expertise, but they think their opinion can be equally valid if they do their own research.”

Do demofk schools not teach this skill anymore and why the sheep are so sheep?

The data indicate that teachers in this study place tremendous value on research skills, with most reporting assigning a research paper to their students in the 2011-2012 academic year and spending class time teaching various research skills to their students. These lessons are aimed at addressing deficits they see in today’s students.

It is amazing to me that demofks really believe in the do not do your own research, to stop opposition of their narratives. This is indeed the demofk push nationally and globally. Folks, please post any articles that you can do research on that you can find.

So, you're suggesting that each of us invest millions of dollars to build a research facility, higher research staff and enlist thousands of test patients to determine if what the Medical professionals tell us is true, right?

Or is your idea of 'research' googling until you find some unsubstantiated claims on some right-wing nutcase website, that fits you preconceived beliefs?

I'll stick with the advice of medical professionals!

Yet again, no one is making you do anything.

The thread is about "doing your research" you appear to both not know what that means nor, have done any of it.

I don't doubt you are an expert, just not in medicine, or virology or arguing your position.

We're not the ones whining and dying off faster. So please, you be you. Don't listen to doctors, get vaccinated, or any of that. The faster you Boomers are gone the better for everyone.
Fucking stupid leftard morons... ^^^

He was not able to because Congress refused to allow it. There is only so much a president can do.
Congress has no part in it. See the Muslim Ban for further reference.

What should have happened was actual quarantines for anyone returning from one of the affected areas. Instead he focused soley on nationality, which is stupid because the virus doesn't have anything to do with nationality. There was no authority needed to enact quarantines. It's well within presidential emergency powers.
No, Pelosi was indeed being silly because she wanted a politically correct grandstanding moment wherein she demonstrated that "they" were the good guys because "they" weren't afraid to go into Chinatown. Pointless grandstanding, yes.
Again, people were stupidly focusing on nationality. Pelosi was merely demonstrating that was a stupid idea. Standing against racism is not grandstanding.
So why wasn't that published as the reason for the overcounting? Sounds a lot like an excuse made up after the fact. Tell you what, where did you see that given as the reason for the overcounting?
It was, but that wouldn't penetrate the right wing narrative. Science rarely does. Keeping data straight is a tough job and the right wingers seized on rare instances to promote the narrative ignoring that it was not a significant contributor.

I'm not accusing anyone of wanting to cost lives, I am accusing them of seeking short-term political points at the expense of lives lost. They didn't decide, "Let's do something that will kill people", they just didn't give a flying rat's patoot if lives were lost as a result of what they were doing.

Agreed, but the overreaction to the virus was much less deadly than under readtion.

And for young healthy people with no co-morbidities, it was NOT a big deal. In fact, it was no worse than a bout with the flu. And, just like the flu, there is a portion of the population that needs to take it very seriously and do what they can to avoid and minimize it. The democrats' problem is they threw common sense out the window and tried to marginalize or destroy anyone who didn't fall in line with the hysteria.

Again, you're more than welcome to criticize Dems for overreacting, but that was not a choice that would cost lives.

In other words you refuse to do your own research, and you'll believe anything anyone tells you. As long as they have an MD after their name. Amirite?
He must believe in plagiarism, since he doesn't do his own research.

So, you're suggesting that each of us invest millions of dollars to build a research facility, higher research staff and enlist thousands of test patients to determine if what the Medical professionals tell us is true, right?

Or is your idea of 'research' googling until you find some unsubstantiated claims on some right-wing nutcase website, that fits you preconceived beliefs?

I'll stick with the advice of medical professionals!
Nope, wasn't in my post anywhere. What was is educating one's self on the risks and identifiers. The media provided talking points from the CDC who didn't have any knowledge of what was going on. You should really learn how to do research so you knew such things.

Horseshit.

I am more qualified and more experienced than "doctor" Fraudci.

Give me 5 minutes with him on national television, and I'll show you and the whole world what an asshole he is.
Oh I get it

You do stand up comedy

In other words you refuse to do your own research, and you'll believe anything anyone tells you. As long as they have an MD after their name. Amirite?
Wait.

So you “do your own research “ without ANYONE telling you ANYTHING?

You have your own lab?

Wait.

So you “do your own research “ without ANYONE telling you ANYTHING?

You have your own lab?
psst, it's called research for a reason. It isn't called testing.

Yet again, no one is making you do anything.

The thread is about "doing your research" you appear to both not know what that means nor, have done any of it.

I don't doubt you are an expert, just not in medicine, or virology or arguing your position.

We're not the ones whining and dying off faster. So please, you be you. Don't listen to doctors, get vaccinated, or any of that. The faster you Boomers are gone the better for everyone.

You and your "experts" pushed (and continue to push) a lie that killed a million Americans (several hundred of which you personally are likely responsible for):

1705599277936.png

….and we all know Fauci repeatedly lied.

Let that dumb ass poster get 50 boosters….fuck em. We tried to warn them. They are brainwashed drones.

….and we all know Fauci repeatedly lied.

Let that dumb ass poster get 50 boosters….fuck em. We tried to warn them. They are brainwashed drones.
What medical papers did you review? Saying we all know implies you're not doing your own research!

What medical papers are you reviewing then?
Why would I need to do that, institutions do such things, and medical facilities. You don't know that? wow. You are a sheepy cuck. Psst, I review their work and their peers.

Remember that ivermectin drug you all were making fun of? Now the CDC endorses it for treatment. Main street media and you all were busy disrespecting the medical researchers. And, oops it actually works as they said. Yeah, stay away from us.

Forum List

Back