Democrat Video claims that the party has been "The Arc of Progress for Centuries"

Hoosier4Liberty

Libertarian Republican
Oct 14, 2013

Just to show you the propaganda we're up against.

It credits Democrats with ending segregation and gives LBJ praise even though he filibustered the same bill in 1957. And it never mentions the fact that Dems were the party of slavery and segregation, and that the GOP has consistently been more on the side of Civil Rights than Democrats. We can argue that the two parties "switched sides" to some extent, but it's completely disingenuous to give Democrats credit for Civil Rights, when Republicans have always supported it.

This video is despicable.

EDIT: My absolute favorite was saying that the Dems lifted America from "prejudice and hate", when the Klan members and segregationists at the time they were referring to were exclusively Democrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mix up the South and the Dems too much. The same racists exist today, but now they vote for you. What would you rather have, racists in your past or racists in your party? It should be an easy answer.

You mix up the South and the Dems too much. The same racists exist today, but now they vote for you. What would you rather have, racists in your past or racists in your party? It should be an easy answer.

What I'm pointing out is that the video makes false claims about the history of Democrats. Also, those racists died as Democrats. With the exception of Strom Thurmond, all the other segregationist Democrat officials remained Democrats until their death. It was younger Southerners who turned the region Republican, and they are far more tolerant and much less racist than their Democrat ancestors.

What I'm pointing out is that the video makes false claims about the history of Democrats. Also, those racists died as Democrats. With the exception of Strom Thurmond, all the other segregationist Democrat officials remained Democrats until their death. It was younger Southerners who turned the region Republican, and they are far more tolerant and much less racist than their Democrat ancestors.
That must be why Obama won 51-49 but nine in ten whites in Mississippi voted for the white guy. No racism there.

And it's a Party Pump Piece, not a history course. Get over it.

A true Democracy is nothing but mob rule, and why the Founders opted OUT from it and why we have a Constitution, a Republic based upon rule of law.

Progress in political terms is nothing but control. What they should have said was 'ARC of Tyranny'

That must be why Obama won 51-49 but nine in ten whites in Mississippi voted for the white guy. No racism there.

So you're saying that it's OK to broadcast information that's blatantly incorrect, historically speaking.

And Mississippi whites were very Republican in the 2000's in Presidential elections and last time I checked, Al Gore and John Kerry weren't black.

I do admit that in 1964, Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights Act helped him win Deep South states. That being said, he was in a minority in his party and he consistently supported previous anti-lynching bills and all the other Civil Rights legislation(which Kennedy/LBJ filibustered at the time) up until the 1964 one, which he opposed on grounds of private property.

But remember, the South shifted back to the Democrats in Presidential elections in the 1970's. In 1980, Reagan carried the South by a much smaller margin than the rest of the country. The GOP didn't really sweep the South relative to the rest of the nation, including at the state and local level, until the late 90's/early 2000's.

History matters.

Yeah, the carpetbaggers were Republicans sent down south to organize the freed slaves and get them to register to vote and vote Republican. The only problem was that the Civil Rights act was signed into law in 1964 during Lyndon B. Johnson's tenure as President, thus ensuring that blacks would vote democrat from then on, well, at least the uninformed blacks, which now seem to outnumber the informed these days.

Yeah, the carpetbaggers were Republicans sent down south to organize the freed slaves and get them to register to vote and vote Republican. The only problem was that the Civil Rights act was signed into law in 1964 during Lyndon B. Johnson's tenure as President, thus ensuring that blacks would vote democrat from then on, well, at least the uninformed blacks, which now seem to outnumber the informed these days.

Very true. Too bad......

I have been saying all along that the Republican Party needs to tell the true story but now it may be too late. The demo rates have already spun their tale of lies.

If democrats were true to their word they would apologize for their past. They are not so they will not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2MmsC9twbY

It credits Democrats with ending segregation and gives LBJ praise even though he filibustered the same bill in 1957. And it never mentions the fact that Dems were the party of slavery and segregation, and that the GOP has consistently been more on the side of Civil Rights than Democrats. We can argue that the two parties "switched sides" to some extent, but it's completely disingenuous to give Democrats credit for Civil Rights, when Republicans have always supported it.

EDIT: My absolute favorite was saying that the Dems lifted America from "prejudice and hate", when the Klan members and segregationists at the time they were referring to were exclusively Democrats.

You do know that being Democrat or Republican does not automatically make you a liberal or a conservative. North Korea calls itself the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea. Is their anything Democratic about North Korea?

Who is the party of states rights? Who is spouting all of the rhetoric about seccession?

1850's 1860's 1950's - Democratic party

2013-Republican Party

Why do we constantly have to go through these Democrat/Republican vs Liberal/Conservative threads?

The OP is either too stupid to know the difference or too partisan to care

And still today...the Democrat party has been nothing but total devastation to minorities.
Still true today.
What the Dems did to the blacks in the 70's-80's is unforgivable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2MmsC9twbY

Democrats get 4 Goebbels for that!

crusaderfrank-albums-big-lie-picture4012-cf-stamp-big-lie.jpg

Last edited:
"Son, when I appoint a ****** to the Supreme Court I want everyone to know he's a ******" -- LBJ Discussing Thurgood Marshall

And 9 out of ten blacks voted for Obama but you don’t seem to be applying the same standard there. I wonder why. Never mind, I know why.

When everything is blasted as racist then nothing is. You should try not claiming the race card so often and you might actually find it effective when actual racism rears its ugly head. All the democrats do these days is actively work to cover it by demanding that damn near everything is racist.

DW-NOMINATE Joint House and Senate Scaling Page

Rightwinger, you do realize the Dems have basically been more liberal on economic issues than the GOP for pretty much the whole history of the two parties, right? The data confirms this. And those "conservative" Southern Democrats weren't always so conservative. In fact, Southern Democrats were more liberal than the GOP on economic issues throughout the whole history according to data. With regards to social issues, what it means to be "liberal" on them keeps changing, and the GOP has always been on the right side of history with regards to civil rights. Remember, here are some examples of "conservative" Southern Democrats who opposed integration:
Al Gore Sr.
J William Fulbright, key mentor of Bill Clinton
Robert Byrd, KKK Grandmaster who voted for Obama's stimulus, against the Bush tax cuts, and got a 100% rating from Planned Parenthood
Sam Ervin, leader of Watergate impeachment proceedings

Forum List

Back