"Democratically" (dog whistle) controlled cities

Fannie Mae collapsed shortly after democrats took control of congress during Bush's 2nd term. Barney Frank became chairperson of the banking committee with responsibility for Fannie and he told America that Fannie was fine and solvent. Fannie collapsed under Frank's leadership or lack of it and nobody in the mainstream media ever asked him what the hell he was doing. Today democrats are back in the majority in congress and instead of doing their jobs regarding the budget and the border they sit back and try to undermine the administration. They would have gotten away with it under a weak president like Bush but Trump is a strong willed president and they hate him for it.

Fannie & Freddy did not cause the crash.

Democrats had passed over 2,000 bills. Gramm-Leech-Blilley deregulated the financial services industry deleting the protections create by Glass-Steagall. The Fannie and Freddy story is a load of crap and Alan Greenspan testified to congress about what caused the crash and nothing he said referred to Fannie and Freddie. Republicans caused the crash. Period.

Urban areas are fucked up because they keep electing typical slimy 2-faced black politicians who line their pockets and run the city into the ground.
Wrong.

No matter how badly republicans fuck up, they cannot take responsibility.. The nation almost went in depression in 2008 after 6 years of total republican rule, but it had nothing to to with republican policy. No, it was the democrats fault. Major urban centers have been fucked up by republican policy over the last 25-30 years, but it's not republican federal policy or state controlled by republicans trying to create 37state trickle down economic zones. No, It's the "liberal democratic urban mayors."

image-28.jpeg

Gov. Hogan’s decisions cause rift with Baltimore leaders
By Josh Hicks

July 12, 2015

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan’s decisions to kill an expensive light-rail project in Baltimore and reduce funding for schools have stirred tension with the city’s political leaders, who are questioning his commitment to addressing the struggling residents’ needs.

Hogan, a white, Republican businessman and first-time officeholder, campaigned last year in Baltimore as a common-man candidate who could deliver economic growth and job opportunities better than his rival, then-lieutenant governor Anthony G. Brown (D), who is black.

He won about 22 percent of the vote in the predominantly African American, strongly Democratic city, compared with 16 percent captured by former governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. (R) in 2010, when he ran against incumbent Martin O’Malley (D).

Hogan was a visible presence in Baltimore after riots erupted there in late April following the death of Freddie Gray, who was seriously injured while in police custody. The governor spent more than 15 hours a day in the city at times, meeting with residents and community leaders during a state of emergency, and even shooting hoops with locals.

But Hogan risks losing ground in Baltimore because of two actions that he says reflect his focus on fiscal restraint: his rejection last month of the Red Line light-rail project — even as he approved a similarly expensive project in the Washington suburbs — and his decision in May to withhold $68 million in aid for high-cost school districts, including $11 million for Baltimore.

“Although the governor has promised to support economic growth in Baltimore, he cancelled a project that would have expanded economic development, created thousands of jobs, increased access to thousands more, and offered residents better health care, child care, and educational opportunities,” Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (D) said in a statement after the Red Line announcement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...b7d516e1e0e_story.html?utm_term=.ab1a9eea323a

Your link is from 2015, and apparently Hogan was reelected in 2018, so this post is a double fail.

Urban areas are fucked up because they keep electing typical slimy 2-faced black politicians who line their pockets and run the city into the ground.
Wrong.

Yeah, but he definitely thinks he's right. One words answers aren't going to change his mind. He might even have sketchy links to winger sites to support his point. Then, it's back to square one. Never forget that corruption doesn't have a skin color. That to me is the real problem.

Neither party EVER wants to accept blame for failure.
What democratic failure was that? None that I know of. Republicans you name it. 911 through sheer incompetence, the stupidest Wars ever and a corrupt economic meltdown under the George W bush, Ronald Reagan and his pal Saddam and the s&l Scandal bubble recession, all the while a giant giveaway to the rich and a screw job for everyone else. Only the GOP propaganda machine and brainwashed dupes make this possible. Poor America.
I used to be poor then I got rich, all because I used my God given skills to excel, shame liberals are too stupid to learn what it takes to be rich...Yep, I used every liberal loophole the government afforded me..
Loopholes that don't exist anymore after 35 years of GOP give away to the rich and screwing everyone else, super duper. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the worst upward mobility and inequality ever and in the modern world by far. People just got lazy right? You people are unbelievable
There was always a big income gap-we just have more rich people now.
Wrong. We have the greatest inequality and worst upward Mobility ever and in the modern world by far, all to save the rich from paying their fair share. They pay the same as you do now that is a disgrace super dupe.
So what you are saying is Oprah is not getting her fair share?

What democratic failure was that? None that I know of. Republicans you name it. 911 through sheer incompetence, the stupidest Wars ever and a corrupt economic meltdown under the George W bush, Ronald Reagan and his pal Saddam and the s&l Scandal bubble recession, all the while a giant giveaway to the rich and a screw job for everyone else. Only the GOP propaganda machine and brainwashed dupes make this possible. Poor America.
I used to be poor then I got rich, all because I used my God given skills to excel, shame liberals are too stupid to learn what it takes to be rich...Yep, I used every liberal loophole the government afforded me..
Loopholes that don't exist anymore after 35 years of GOP give away to the rich and screwing everyone else, super duper. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the worst upward mobility and inequality ever and in the modern world by far. People just got lazy right? You people are unbelievable
Wrong. We have the greatest inequality and worst upward Mobility ever and in the modern world by far, all to save the rich from paying their fair share. They pay the same as you do now that is a disgrace super dupe.
So what you are saying is Oprah is not getting her fair share?
I am saying she does not pay enough and she agrees. You are brainwashed by greedy idiots....

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
No matter how badly republicans fuck up, they cannot take responsibility.. The nation almost went in depression in 2008 after 6 years of total republican rule, but it had nothing to to with republican policy. No, it was the democrats fault. Major urban centers have been fucked up by republican policy over the last 25-30 years, but it's not republican federal policy or state controlled by republicans trying to create 37state trickle down economic zones. No, It's the "liberal democratic urban mayors."

image-28.jpeg

By Josh Hicks

July 12, 2015

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan’s decisions to kill an expensive light-rail project in Baltimore and reduce funding for schools have stirred tension with the city’s political leaders, who are questioning his commitment to addressing the struggling residents’ needs.

Hogan, a white, Republican businessman and first-time officeholder, campaigned last year in Baltimore as a common-man candidate who could deliver economic growth and job opportunities better than his rival, then-lieutenant governor Anthony G. Brown (D), who is black.

He won about 22 percent of the vote in the predominantly African American, strongly Democratic city, compared with 16 percent captured by former governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. (R) in 2010, when he ran against incumbent Martin O’Malley (D).

Hogan was a visible presence in Baltimore after riots erupted there in late April following the death of Freddie Gray, who was seriously injured while in police custody. The governor spent more than 15 hours a day in the city at times, meeting with residents and community leaders during a state of emergency, and even shooting hoops with locals.

But Hogan risks losing ground in Baltimore because of two actions that he says reflect his focus on fiscal restraint: his rejection last month of the Red Line light-rail project — even as he approved a similarly expensive project in the Washington suburbs — and his decision in May to withhold $68 million in aid for high-cost school districts, including $11 million for Baltimore.

“Although the governor has promised to support economic growth in Baltimore, he cancelled a project that would have expanded economic development, created thousands of jobs, increased access to thousands more, and offered residents better health care, child care, and educational opportunities,” Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (D) said in a statement after the Red Line announcement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...b7d516e1e0e_story.html?utm_term=.ab1a9eea323a

Your link is from 2015, and apparently Hogan was reelected in 2018, so this post is a double fail.

My link was posted to show how little control these "democratic urban mayors" actually have. So your post is a fail.

Wrong.

Yeah, but he definitely thinks he's right. One words answers aren't going to change his mind. He might even have sketchy links to winger sites to support his point. Then, it's back to square one. Never forget that corruption doesn't have a skin color. That to me is the real problem.

Impuretrash is ignorant, I agree.

Corruption doesn't have a skin color but most of these guys blame blacks for things created by corrupt policies that were implemented by whites. For example, if Baltimore and the federal government had not implemented racist housing policy for the last century, we would not be having this discussion. That is ignored to blame 1-2 blacks for doing what whites had been long doing.

Neither party EVER wants to accept blame for failure.
How does making "rich" people pay more taxes improve pay for the "non-rich"?

Those two have no connection whatsoever, and could even have the opposite effect.

Wrong.

Corruption doesn't have a skin color but most of these guys blame blacks for things created by corrupt policies that were implemented by whites. For example, if Baltimore and the federal government had not implemented racist housing policy for the last century, we would not be having this discussion. That is ignored to blame 1-2 blacks for doing what whites had been long doing.
Nobody likes to look back at the cause of a lot of the bullshit. They can't imagine the generational affects those past policies have had. They would rather make blanket, baseless, unreasonable, yet highly-inflammatory statements than look at the real causes.

More bomb throwing. No listening and discussing.

We should expect better.

Wrong.

I can see your point, thank you. It's a shit show all around.

image-28.jpeg

By Josh Hicks

July 12, 2015

The "dog whistle" presumes that only the dog can hear it.

So if you're hearing that whistle, the racist is you, chump.

I am a peaceful person like in #WalkAway Campaign . Don't throw milkshakes or call people you disagree with Nazis Because, you might be next. Yes, YOU.

Those two have no connection whatsoever, and could even have the opposite effect.

Then we could afford cheaper college and training and a tax cut for the middle class and healthcare for everyone etc etc make life fair that would be a nice change.

Then we could afford cheaper college and training and a tax cut for the middle class and healthcare for everyone etc etc make life fair that would be a nice change.
That is a separate issue.

Spending is detached from taxation policy. Increasing taxes on the "rich" does not affect income disparity.

What you really want is for government to forcibly take money from some and give it to others.

When you try to frame it as something other than what it really is, many of us start to see it as deception.

Being honest about it opens the door for a real discussion.

Spending is detached from taxation policy. Increasing taxes on the "rich" does not affect income disparity.

What you really want is for government to forcibly take money from some and give it to others.

When you try to frame it as something other than what it really is, many of us start to see it as deception.

No I want cheap college and training and health care for all like every other Rich modern country. Thanks scumbag GOP

No I want cheap college and training and health care for all like every other Rich modern country. Thanks scumbag GOP
67622704_2416001368645381_459166870486908928_n.jpg

67622704_2416001368645381_459166870486908928_n.jpg
The disabled? They all have to look for work and often have to work for their benefits. And all kinds of other b*******.

To be fair, 2008 was not any party's fault. That was irresponsible lending practices by big banks, who then raided the treasury because they were "too big to fail" but they got to foreclose and keep most of the "toxic" assets ON TOP of the bailout money. Everyone should be pissed about that.

Otherwise, I am not sure what policies have been making urban areas "all fucked up." They probably just go with the territory. Urban areas will have really "rich" areas and really "shitty" areas. It usually doesn't matter who gets elected. The shitty areas get less attention.

The 2008 mortgage/housing/financial collapse was caused in large part by Democrats and aided by Republicans who did not have the courage to put a stop to the actions leading to the meltdown.

Just to remind all our FRIENDS from the far left, the responsibility for this mess lies with Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. AND WITH REPUBLICANS for backing off every time Barney Frank and his cronies played…THE RACE CARD! The housing bubble is what led to the downfall and that was driven by Democrats, starting with Jimmy Carter and hugely expanded by Bill Clinton. Here are the facts, once again, for you to ignore….

HUD TO FIGHT DISCRIMINATION, BOOST MINORITY HOMEOWNERSHIP AND WORK WITH URBAN LEAGUE TO FURTHER GOALS
HUD Archives: Cuomo agrees w/Nat'l Urban League -- to Fight Housing Discrimination

New York Times - 1999
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending -
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

August 5, 1997
President Bush’s and the Administrations Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs – Fannie and Freddie dating back to 2001
Just the Facts: The Administration’s Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs

By Elliot Blair Smith,
USA TODAY
Fannie Mae to pay $400 million fine
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Franklin Raines was Director of the Office of Management and Budget under Clinton and returned to Fannie Mae as its CEO in 1999. Raines is not a “chief” economic adviser for President Barack Hussein Obama but has advised the administration on mortgage and housing matters. Obama had hired another former Fannie CEO, Jim Johnson as a member of Obama’s V.P. search committee and who was forced to quit under fire.

Bloomberg News -
How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis -
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Democrats in their own words covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac

Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Democrats of Financial Crisis

From the New York Times
New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

By STEPHEN LABATON
Published: September 11, 2003 WASHINGTON,

Sept. 10— The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.
The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.

The plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- which together have issued more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding debt -- is broken. A report by outside investigators in July concluded that Freddie Mac manipulated its accounting to mislead investors, and critics have said Fannie Mae does not adequately hedge against rising interest rates.

Read more: New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

From USNews and World Report
Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle

By Sam Dealey
September 10, 2008
[…]
So five years ago, there was one of those rare moments in Washington when the branches and personalities of government—in this case, the Bush administration—are less interested in protecting or expanding their turf than in fixing a looming catastrophe. What was Frank's response to the proposal?

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''
[…]
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/sam-dealey/2008/09/10/barney-franks-fannie-and-freddie-muddle

Wall Street Journal Barney’s Rubble – September 17, 2008
Barney's Rubble

Barney Frank in 2005: What Housing Bubble?

Last edited:
Hate to get away from all the race baiting and finger pointing, but I am curious, what is the principle cause of urban blight? Surely it isn't all corruption, like Chicago. It always seems inner cities turn into slum lords and homeless people. Old houses get turned into eight rental units, ect. I've been to rich college towns with fantastic job opportunities and great suburbs, but you go downtown in even a small city, you get homeless and slum lords. What is the deal?

Forum List

Back