Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump’s Tax Returns

Plenty Tom

Most of the denial is cloaked in the idiocy of partisanship , flaunting some left/right narrative, or deep state conspiracy .

There's far more of an 'up', and 'down' divide than there will ever be a left/right one , becaue that's the card they play to keep us fighting among oursleves, and them off the radar

~S~

Democrats will hold the hearing instead of just trying to obtain the documents.

The secrecy of President Donald Trump’s tax returns will be the subject of a hearing next week, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced Thursday.

Democrats have had the power to request Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service since they assumed control of the House this year, but they’ve hesitated. To build the public case for disclosure, the House tax committee’s oversight panel will examine its authority to obtain the president’s tax returns at a Feb. 7 hearing.

Trump was the first major presidential candidate in 40 years not to release tax returns, which would have revealed detailed information about his sources of income and how much tax he pays. Democrats vowed to get the returns themselves, but haven’t done it yet.

Pressure is building, with an ABC News/Washington Post poll showing a healthy majority of Americans support the move. Tax March, a coalition of liberal groups, has been pressuring Democrats to hurry up, and Democratic members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus have been getting antsy, too.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.), the chairman of the tax committee, has said he wants time “to lay out a case” for the move and that staffers drafting the request are doing it “methodically” and need time.

Trump’s tax returns could show whether he evaded taxes, as a blockbuster New York Times report alleged that he and his father, Fred Trump, did for decades in the 20th century. The returns could also provide information about the sources of financing and debt at his multi-billion dollar real estate business.

As part of the public case, Democrats introduced legislation by Reps. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) that would require presidential candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has hinted that he will not comply with the Democrats’ request, which could get tied up in court for months.

More: Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump's Tax Returns

Well, slow but sure - hopefully. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin will likely be forced to turn them over. What do you think?

Epic fail!

Person posting failed to attach a .pdf file of his/her/its own Federal Income Tax return as a demonstration of good faith.

Well, sparky, if I ever run for president - I promise I will provide 10 years of my tax returns.

Who the hell cares what you make or paid in taxes? You position on issues would be my only concern. That would eliminate you real quick for me. The taxes have no bearing on my decision.
So if tax returns for say Kamala Harris showed massive loans from Russian state banks...you wouldn't care?

If it isn't required to show your tax returns, then it should not be required and you should not be forced. Now, if it was required, I'd insist he turn them over. This new idea that we can change the rules in the middle of an election, just because? Just because a person doesn't voluntarily show us his tax returns, he is hiding or guilty of some devious plot? Sorry, I live in a country and want to continue to live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty, you BS is quite the opposite and very dangerous to freedom.

With Lahkota and Tommytainant in the same thread, I automatically assume the smoldering, American-hating STENCH is perhaps better imagined than described.

Why stop at the president. The bill should require all senators and congress to release their taxes. Let's see what EVERYBODY is up to...

The secrecy of President Donald Trump’s tax returns will be the subject of a hearing next week, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced Thursday.

Democrats have had the power to request Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service since they assumed control of the House this year, but they’ve hesitated. To build the public case for disclosure, the House tax committee’s oversight panel will examine its authority to obtain the president’s tax returns at a Feb. 7 hearing.

Trump was the first major presidential candidate in 40 years not to release tax returns, which would have revealed detailed information about his sources of income and how much tax he pays. Democrats vowed to get the returns themselves, but haven’t done it yet.

Pressure is building, with an ABC News/Washington Post poll showing a healthy majority of Americans support the move. Tax March, a coalition of liberal groups, has been pressuring Democrats to hurry up, and Democratic members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus have been getting antsy, too.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.), the chairman of the tax committee, has said he wants time “to lay out a case” for the move and that staffers drafting the request are doing it “methodically” and need time.

Trump’s tax returns could show whether he evaded taxes, as a blockbuster New York Times report alleged that he and his father, Fred Trump, did for decades in the 20th century. The returns could also provide information about the sources of financing and debt at his multi-billion dollar real estate business.

As part of the public case, Democrats introduced legislation by Reps. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) that would require presidential candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has hinted that he will not comply with the Democrats’ request, which could get tied up in court for months.

Well, slow but sure - hopefully. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin will likely be forced to turn them over. What do you think?
Headline: Democrats toss out right to privacy for political reasons!

Everyone yell, Fuck yeah!

The Democrats just like Third World Banana Republic Thugs.
banana-republic.png

Trump could short circuit this by releasing his papers. Why wont he do this ?
Cause he's a criminal! He's been stealing money from the government and making treasonous deals with russia all his life, and the IRS for the last 20 years has been letting him get away with it!

Congress CAN subpoena them yea

Why does that terrify Trumpers so?

If there's nothing to hide....

The problem is that the tax returns might be leaked to the public.

Congress may have the right to see them, just like the staff at the IRS.

The problem is with public exposition of them.

The chance of demagoguery is high.
They will almost certainly be leaked to the public.
Here's the deal though, if they are leaked, the pool of people to investigate will be fairly small, as only the people in attendance of that closed executive session would be the ones able to leak them.

It's about time. If he is involved in any conflict of interest business ventures as many suspect, one would think that he would gladly be cooperative with Congress in order to put such suspicions to rest.

Congress gave itself the right to review any return or return information in 1924, in the aftermath of two controversies.

One was the Teapot Dome scandal, where senior officials in the Harding Administration granted public oil field leases in exchange for bribes.

The other involved allegations that Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon continued to own many business interests while serving in government. Some believed the Bureau of Internal Revenue, the precursor to the IRS, showed favoritism to the secretary and his businesses.

Of course, we all know that Trump is far too honest an individual to engage in such behavior......ROFLMAO.
That bill is almost certainly unconstitutional. It's a violation of the 4th Amendment.

Not even close
Wrong. Your tax returns are private information. They certainly fall under the 4th Amendment.

4th Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[2]
[emoji106]

I think you're an idiot, but let's play the game. What do YOU think will be shown in Trump's tax returns that you didn't get to see in his financial disclosure that he DID make public, as required by law, that you need to know? Seriously, be specific. Not some BS about what you read on the internetz or some stupid generality. Tell me SPECIFICALLY what it is you hope to learn from a tax return..

Let the experts explain it to you.

Here's What Trump's Financial Disclosure Doesn't Tell You - Forbes

If that is the case then why not make it a law instead of the bogus BS of the left?

This makes no sense to rational people anywhere.
You can't make a law that forces someone to give up their 4th amendment rights.

Trump said he would release his tax returns and he didn't.

Even as a Trump supporter that looks fishy to me.

Congress has the authority and clearance to view Trump's tax returns. The IRS has audited Trump for the last, what 10 years?

And as far as we know, Trump has not been found to have taken improper deductions etc or "cheated" on his taxes.

The only aim here is political. It's kind of pathetic.
How do you know Trump is under audit? Because he said so?

Go ahead tell us Trump is telling the truth. We want to laugh. :21:

But then you ain't running for President.

You're just some dumb Trumper on the internet

I am an American citizen and no one has the right to look at my tax returns.

If I were running for POTUS I wouldn't let anyone see my tax returns either.

No one has that right and there is no law that says they do.

You really are stupid.
You're not interested in seeing how much came from his Russian connections ??

You are interested in seeing that nothing came from his "Russian connections."

Let us all know who those "Russian connections" are.
He's been unsanctioning them since he became president The question remains WHAT does Putin have on him?

That's easy. Nothing.

You really are stupid.
I guess we can assume then that Trump is in love with Putin.

Don't tell Hannity.:abgg2q.jpg:

I am an American citizen and no one has the right to look at my tax returns.

If I were running for POTUS I wouldn't let anyone see my tax returns either.

No one has that right and there is no law that says they do.

You really are stupid.
You're not interested in seeing how much came from his Russian connections ??

You are interested in seeing that nothing came from his "Russian connections."

Let us all know who those "Russian connections" are.
He's been unsanctioning them since he became president The question remains WHAT does Putin have on him?

That's easy. Nothing.

You really are stupid.
I guess we can assume then that Trump is in love with Putin.

Don't tell Hannity.:abgg2q.jpg:
yes you can or,,,he afraid of the info he has

That's easy. Nothing.

You really are stupid.

Putin has nothing on Trump?

Why does he act like Putin DOES then?

Apparently it is YOU who are naively stupid...or simply stupidly dishonest

The only people who think Putin has something on Trump are the lefty loons just like you.

You idiots are hilarious.
Then why was he trying to drop sanctions on Russia and some of putins friends?? The country that are our enemies ?? Perhaps the offer of a 50 million buck condo means nothing to you?? People like you can't believe their lying eyes or ears
Turds like you don't decide who our enemies are.
But you let ass holes like Trump?

All these years he evaded taxes and the IRS never noticed?

Not likely, but please waste money like the GOP did with pointless investigations...

Forum List

Back