Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

This thread is a freaking mind bender. Left wing whackos have gone off the deep end.

What's cracking me up thru this debate is that feminazis are demanding to be taken care of. I'm an old school feminist.

The last thing on the planet I fought for when the movement first started was to have someone else take care of me. Good grief. That's what we fought against.

We wanted equality so we could make our own way. Unreal.

Feminists went from being dependant on their husbands to being dependent on the taxpayers. The only thing that changed is who their sugar daddy is.

Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act.

The bill, which is co-authored by Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.), would ban for-profit companies from refusing to cover any federally guaranteed health benefits for religious reasons, including all 20 forms of contraception detailed in the Affordable Care Act. It would preserve the contraception mandate's current exemption for churches and accommodation for non-profit religious organizations, such as certain hospitals and schools.

A Senate aide told HuffPost that the bill will be introduced as soon as Tuesday night and go directly to the Senate floor as early as next week, without being considered in committee.

"The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives. Coloradans understand that women should never have to ask their bosses for a permission slip to access common forms of birth control or other critical health services," Udall said in a statement. "My common-sense proposal will keep women's private health decisions out of corporate board rooms, because your boss shouldn't be able to dictate what is best for you and your family."

MORE: Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

Sounds good. Get it done.

while I love it, I don't think they can do that. they'd need a constitutionial amendment since the court's reasoning was based on its interpretation of the constitution, however absurd. you can't override a supreme court decision with simple legislation.

Of course you love it.

You see women as helpless and ineffective in the world...thus why you felt the need to lie about your being an attorney.

You are ashamed of who you are.

In the meantime, I have the greatest respect for women that do not seek a man to help them get by.

Don't be fooled into thinking they are doing this for women.

They are doing it for the insurance companies.

This thread is a freaking mind bender. Left wing whackos have gone off the deep end.

What's cracking me up thru this debate is that feminazis are demanding to be taken care of. I'm an old school feminist.

The last thing on the planet I fought for when the movement first started was to have someone else take care of me. Good grief. That's what we fought against.

Yep.

The GOP is waging a war on women because they do not feel that women need to be catered to, pampered and isolated....

The Democratic party believes they need free stuff, special laws, etc.

Seems the democrats see them as helpless.

Ironic if you ask me.

indeed they certainly do

the left believes without their help

they are incapable of anything

after years and years of pounding this drum

they have convinced that is the case

Why is it Communists are against civil liberty? Sorry comrade, you don't get to dictate the religious views of others - deal with the horror.

deal with the horror .... deal with the Law

:eusa_whistle:

It doesn't become law till it passes all of the hurdles.

Simply proposing something stupid doesn't make it a law.

there is nothing stupid in the proposed law. it's what the Court should have held.

but no, it isn't law until its passed. and even then, if the Court has already ruled on an issue, I don't think new legislation will get around it.... unless of course scalia takes his much needed retirement.

"the regulations under the Affordable Care Act already provide that if a religiously affiliated employer has a genuine religious objection to including those services in its insurance plan, the insurer must provide them separately at no cost to the employee."

I will keep posting this until it sinks in.

"the regulations under the Affordable Care Act already provide that if a religiously affiliated employer has a genuine religious objection to including those services in its insurance plan, the insurer must provide them separately at no cost to the employee."

The insurer is the Employer. Get this sunk in your head Misty.
Forcing Catholic employers (Hospitals) to pay for birth control which is against their religious beliefs. It is up the individuals to use them not force Catholic Hospitals to pay for them in their employees insurance.
Same as Hobby Lobby.

There's no requirement for employers to provide free bus rides and massages...so no one is disadvantaged if they don't get them.

I know it's difficult...I simply can't dumb it down any more than that.
Maybe if someone else here is fluent in Moran...?

Right. And there is no lawful requirement for an employer to provide something that violates his religious conscience.
Again, you prove my point. The mandate, which was a regulation from HHS was illegal based on federal law.

Please feel free to point out where I disagree with the court ruling as to HL's right not to fund certain types of contraception.
You can't, because I haven't.
I won't because it's the SCOTUS and they know what they're talking about.
Nevertheless, my point stands as to the disadvantage suffered by these employees because of the ruling.

Nuanced points of view are really a waste of time aren't they?

OK so you're fine with the ruling but somehow it's "unfair". It is equally unfair that Google employees get busses and massages and the rest of us dont. Yet you've never addressed why those are different.

Not getting the whole "self insured" thing, are ya?

deal with the horror .... deal with the Law

:eusa_whistle:

It doesn't become law till it passes all of the hurdles.

Simply proposing something stupid doesn't make it a law.

there is nothing stupid in the proposed law. it's what the Court should have held.

but no, it isn't law until its passed. and even then, if the Court has already ruled on an issue, I don't think new legislation will get around it.... unless of course scalia takes his much needed retirement.

Just can't wait for some conservative justices retire, so you can crush dissent and all forms of self freedom for the glory of the State and the Party.....

Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act.

The bill, which is co-authored by Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.), would ban for-profit companies from refusing to cover any federally guaranteed health benefits for religious reasons, including all 20 forms of contraception detailed in the Affordable Care Act. It would preserve the contraception mandate's current exemption for churches and accommodation for non-profit religious organizations, such as certain hospitals and schools.

A Senate aide told HuffPost that the bill will be introduced as soon as Tuesday night and go directly to the Senate floor as early as next week, without being considered in committee.

"The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives. Coloradans understand that women should never have to ask their bosses for a permission slip to access common forms of birth control or other critical health services," Udall said in a statement. "My common-sense proposal will keep women's private health decisions out of corporate board rooms, because your boss shouldn't be able to dictate what is best for you and your family."

MORE: Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

Sounds good. Get it done.

while I love it, I don't think they can do that. they'd need a constitutionial amendment since the court's reasoning was based on its interpretation of the constitution, however absurd. you can't override a supreme court decision with simple legislation.

The faux attorney once again barges in on facts.
The Constitution was a non issue in this case, which hinged on whether HHS could promulgate a rule in contravention to statute,namely the Religious Rights Restoration Act, passed by Democrats overwhelmingly.

And they wonder why we made fun of the "life a Julia" so much...

I'd awear that 80% of this thread is correcting the misinformation that liberals have about the case in particular and the law in general. Yet as often as we do that with sources etc they come back and repeat the same crap.
I notice IDB has absented himself, having been shown that his posts are self contradictory, much less in opposition to the facts.

Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act..

I know Harry Reid (D-USSR) can do it. In exactly the same way Obama Hellcare was adopted.

Convene a SENATE SESSION on December 24th at 1 AM. Allow 6 objections and then make sure through parliamentary maneuvers that all those objections are reserved for democrats.

And presto, Obama Hellcare will apply to everybody.

Last edited:
Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act..

I know Harry Reid (D-USSR) can do it. In exactly the same way Obama Hellcare was adopted.

Convene a SENATE SESSION on December 22nd at 1 AM. Allow 6 objections and then make sure through parliamentary maneuvers that all those objections are reserved for democrats.

LMAO thats just how that asshole would do it too. LOL

Convene a SENATE SESSION on December 24th at 1 AM. Allow 6 objections and then make sure through parliamentary maneuvers that all those objections are reserved for democrats.

LMAO thats just how that asshole would do it too. LOL

Why not?

He got away with murder the first time around

“It’s obvious why the majority has cooked up this amendment in secret, has introduced it in the middle of a snowstorm, has scheduled the Senate to come in session at midnight, has scheduled a vote for 1 a.m., is insisting that it be passed before Christmas — because they don’t want the American people to know what’s in it,” said

Senator Lamar Alexander, Republican of Tennessee.

an abortion bill is NOT a contraceptive. I will keep posting this until it sinks in.

The government forces you to buy insurance. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to buy you insurance. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which companies get to sell you insurance on the exchange.

The government decides how much profit those companies are allowed to make.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage are, "Intrusion? What intrusion?"

Nope. Still not an intrusion. Just out of curiosity, do you agree with the following?

The government forces you to not murder people. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to report you if you murder people. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which police officers get to arrest you if you are caught murdering people.

The government decides how much funding those officers are allowed to have.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage say, "hurr durr wut introoshun, healthcare iz 4 librulls, all i needs is gunz, hyuck hyuck!"

Apples and rocks, very very bad comparision,try again.

Forum List

Back