Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

[

Excuse me, fuckwad, until it is taxed as compensation it is not compensation. You really need to stop lying about what health insurance provided by employers is.

Most of your pay isn't taxed as income, either, if you make below a certain amount. Remember the whole 47% thing?

Health INsurance is compensation, it is not a gift. Ergo, it should be regulated at compensation.

Or we should do the breathtakingly rational thing of going to single payer.

I don't know what planet you live on, but everyone's income is taxed, as are all benefits. There is absolutely no tax on health care, thus it is not income. If you don't like that fact, feel free to tell your Congresscritter to amend the tax code so you have a point when you claim that it is income.

Excuse me, fuckwad, until it is taxed as compensation it is not compensation. You really need to stop lying about what health insurance provided by employers is.

Not arguing that he is a fuckwad, for he truly is, but are you comfortable with letting the state's gangsters define what is compensation?

Never said I was, but that doesn't mean I can't use the law against idiots and fuckwads.

No, I can prove Government exists.

You can't prove God exists. (Spoiler Alert, he doesn't)
Yet your view of Government is as a deity. Government is all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent, and benevolent.

None of which is true, although progressives are doing their damnedest to make sure the first three happen. And useful idiots like you are stupid enough to believe the last point, despite the entirety of human history.

Um, please point out where I have ever attributed "god-like" properties to the government? (Of course, I'm still waiting for you to prove my supposed attacks on "the Jews".)

Here's the thing about government. You think that government makes people evil. Nope, people make the government evil.

Hitler didn't just show up one day and started talking smack about the Jews. Germany had centuries long record of Antisemitism, including Martin Luther who wrote a religious text called "The Jews and their Lies".

You show me any country where the government has done horrible things, I will show you a people who have been brutalized past the breaking point. Hitler came to power because Germany (the nation, not the government) had been pushed past a breaking point and lost it's collective mind.

Now, that said, why would I think that government might be able to run health care better than greedy corporations.

Well, frankly, I've been in the government system of health care (the US Army), and frankly, no one ever tried to deny me treatment for something because it would cost too much money. I can't say that of my wonderful encounters with my last employer and Cigna, where they fought me on one surgery for over a year, made me delay another for a month (Still have knee pain to this very day) and eventually fired me after I ran up too many medical bills.

Not a matter of "Faith", dude. It's a matter of comparing two personal experiences side by side.

Now, true enough, I can't go by just personal experiences alone. After all, the military had me when I was at my prime of health. So then I go to comparing actual systems.

All the other G-7 Nations have single payer. They pay anywhere from 8-11% of their GDP for health care, compared to the US which spends 17% of our GDP on health care. everyone is covered, compared to our Pre-ACA coverage of about 75%. They have longer life expectencies and lower infant mortality rates.

You see, I base my belief in universal health care on reason and facts, not "faith".

Long answer, I'm sure you'll just say something mean-spirited rather than address the points made.

What part of "congress shall make no law abridging the free exercise of religion" is difficult to understand?

The part that means progressives can't force every single company to pay for abortifacients.

[]You need Jesus in your life.

Jesus is a guy who employed frustrated lesbians to make my childhood a miserable experience.

I can really do without Jesus in my life.

Of course, as Mark Twain said, "If Jesus were here today, the one thing he wouldn't be is a Christian."

Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act.

The bill, which is co-authored by Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.), would ban for-profit companies from refusing to cover any federally guaranteed health benefits for religious reasons, including all 20 forms of contraception detailed in the Affordable Care Act. It would preserve the contraception mandate's current exemption for churches and accommodation for non-profit religious organizations, such as certain hospitals and schools.

A Senate aide told HuffPost that the bill will be introduced as soon as Tuesday night and go directly to the Senate floor as early as next week, without being considered in committee.

"The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives. Coloradans understand that women should never have to ask their bosses for a permission slip to access common forms of birth control or other critical health services," Udall said in a statement. "My common-sense proposal will keep women's private health decisions out of corporate board rooms, because your boss shouldn't be able to dictate what is best for you and your family."

MORE: Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

Sounds good. Get it done.

I agree to get private health decisions out of coroporate boardrooms, let us pay for our own actions in the bedroom and tell corporations to go to hell with them funding any of our birth control, we are adults, we can be responsible.

I do find Democrats really amusing, when the Supreme Court rule for Obamacare, all the Democrats told us that it was the law of the land, that it was to bad for Republicans, now the same Supreme Court disagrees with one facet of the Obamacare and the Democrats have to try to overide the Supreme Court decision.

Glad we have the checks and balances. LOL!!!!!

You're describing standards not regulations.
And the 1920s, an era marked by widespread prosperity and increasing life spans would be far preferable to this economic hell hole the Dems have created.
Would you eliminate OSHA? How about NIOSH? How about collective bargaining rights? How about overtime pay or paid family leave? How about eliminating the eight hour work day or the five day work week? What rights do workers have? Or are the only rights that count held by the employers?

What about standards? Who do you think e4stablishes them? Employers? Or bureaucrats armed with science? And why is it so common among Conservatives to first screw the working man blue then dismiss relevant science as "junk" science?

Standards are set by idiots who ignore science, and I can prove it.

EPA Draft Stirs Fears of Radically Relaxed Radiation Guidelines - Forbes
...thus proving that progressives place no value on human life.

What part of "congress shall make no law abridging the free exercise of religion" is difficult to understand?

That wording isn't in the constitution.

The wording is...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Which does not apply to corporate entities. Corporations are not people.

[]You need Jesus in your life.

Jesus is a guy who employed frustrated lesbians to make my childhood a miserable experience.

I can really do without Jesus in my life.

Of course, as Mark Twain said, "If Jesus were here today, the one thing he wouldn't be is a Christian."

Oh...okay. Well how about you try to go a day without spewing your anti-Christian bigotry, okay? We don;t give a fuck you were bitch slapped by Nuns trying to potty train you at school.

The wording is...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

You and Satan lost. Move on.

The government forces you to buy insurance. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to buy you insurance. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which companies get to sell you insurance on the exchange.

The government decides how much profit those companies are allowed to make.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage are, "Intrusion? What intrusion?"

Nope. Still not an intrusion. Just out of curiosity, do you agree with the following?

The government forces you to not murder people. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to report you if you murder people. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which police officers get to arrest you if you are caught murdering people.

The government decides how much funding those officers are allowed to have.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage say, "hurr durr wut introoshun, healthcare iz 4 librulls, all i needs is gunz, hyuck hyuck!"

False analogy.

Take a course in logic.

The wording is...

The SCOTUS and sane people all over the country disagree with you last statement here.

"The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives."

I have to say, in the category of Irony, that is truly one of the most mentally deranged things I have ever heard.

Not kidding.

if that's your "opinion" you don't understand the decision.

I was not speaking about the decision. I was speaking about the mentally deranged mindset that thinks it is an intrusion into private lives.

No, I can prove Government exists.

You can't prove God exists. (Spoiler Alert, he doesn't)
Yet your view of Government is as a deity. Government is all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent, and benevolent.

None of which is true, although progressives are doing their damnedest to make sure the first three happen. And useful idiots like you are stupid enough to believe the last point, despite the entirety of human history.

Um, please point out where I have ever attributed "god-like" properties to the government? (Of course, I'm still waiting for you to prove my supposed attacks on "the Jews".)

Here's the thing about government. You think that government makes people evil. Nope, people make the government evil.

Hitler didn't just show up one day and started talking smack about the Jews. Germany had centuries long record of Antisemitism, including Martin Luther who wrote a religious text called "The Jews and their Lies".

You show me any country where the government has done horrible things, I will show you a people who have been brutalized past the breaking point. Hitler came to power because Germany (the nation, not the government) had been pushed past a breaking point and lost it's collective mind.

Now, that said, why would I think that government might be able to run health care better than greedy corporations.

Well, frankly, I've been in the government system of health care (the US Army), and frankly, no one ever tried to deny me treatment for something because it would cost too much money. I can't say that of my wonderful encounters with my last employer and Cigna, where they fought me on one surgery for over a year, made me delay another for a month (Still have knee pain to this very day) and eventually fired me after I ran up too many medical bills.

Not a matter of "Faith", dude. It's a matter of comparing two personal experiences side by side.

Now, true enough, I can't go by just personal experiences alone. After all, the military had me when I was at my prime of health. So then I go to comparing actual systems.

All the other G-7 Nations have single payer. They pay anywhere from 8-11% of their GDP for health care, compared to the US which spends 17% of our GDP on health care. everyone is covered, compared to our Pre-ACA coverage of about 75%. They have longer life expectencies and lower infant mortality rates.

You see, I base my belief in universal health care on reason and facts, not "faith".

Long answer, I'm sure you'll just say something mean-spirited rather than address the points made.
Your personal experiences are meaningless. Look at the VA (although you refuse to; you don't see anything wrong going on) -- it was held up as a model of government health care.

And while the left was holding it up, we know now that veterans weren't getting the care they needed and bureaucrats were lying about it. And it's only gotten worse since then.

Of course, government-worshiping fools like you refuse to see it.

The wording is...

You and Satan lost. Move on.

You see, guy, I read the bible, and I didn't see Satan Murdering babies.

I saw God murdering babies.

So which one is the bad guy again, I get confused.

The wording is...

Psst! The word "people" isn't in there.

This thread is a freaking mind bender. Left wing whackos have gone off the deep end.

What's cracking me up thru this debate is that feminazis are demanding to be taken care of. I'm an old school feminist.

The last thing on the planet I fought for when the movement first started was to have someone else take care of me. Good grief. That's what we fought against.

We wanted equality so we could make our own way. Unreal.

^^^^

insane rightwing nutcase ranting.

:lmao:

[
Your personal experiences are meaningless. Look at the VA (although you refuse to; you don't see anything wrong going on) -- it was held up as a model of government health care.

And while the left was holding it up, we know now that veterans weren't getting the care they needed and bureaucrats were lying about it. And it's only gotten worse since then.

Of course, government-worshiping fools like you refuse to see it.

I see a lot wrong with the VA. But the real problem is that we fought a war for 13 years, kept shoving the same kids through that meat grinder, and then wondered why a system designed for a lot less veterans didn't hold up as well as it should.

But to put it in perspective, you'd find just as many problems in private health care.

The real problem at the VA is between Bush's wars and Bush's recessions, the system was taxed a lot more than it was designed for.

It's like asking why my Ford Focus blew out it's engine after I tried to use it to tow a tractor-trailer.

Forum List

Back