Democrats Instigating Destruction

The spark for the riots are the semi-questionable suspect killings. The powder is the years of racism.

Ey Moonglow. Hello from the StLouis area! My Mustang wheels come from Zisser tire which got looted last year.

Let's outline the real provenance so no one will imagine that a fool like you actually understands what has happened.

Liberal welfare policies have led to this moment, these sorts of events.

1. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.
      "America's Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb," by Peter Ferrara, chapter five
There was race protests and riots before welfare..Nice try though.........

Attachments

• 20150422_155821.jpg
    20150422_155821.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Hello from the StLouis area Moonglow. My Mustang's wheels come from Zisser Tire which got looted last year

9. There is a solution, and it comes from Chloe Valdary, a student at the University of New Orleans,...

" Many people believed that the election of a black President would advance America to a new era of racial harmony.
That belief proved to be mistaken.

.... many people feel that they have to treat blacks with kid gloves. They think this is noble... enlightened... progressive. It's not. It's demeaning and condescending. In fact, it's racist.

Rioting and looting are acceptable forms of behavior? Why? Because the rioters and looters have no other options? Really? In free, democratic America, you have no other options? Does this apply to all ethnic groups? Hispanics? Southeast Asians? Pacific Islanders? Of course not.

.... the enlightened ones -- are ready with a pre-packaged list of excuses when blacks riot and loot. Worse, when it comes to judging black behavior, even facts don't matter. All that matters is the skin color of the teenager and the skin color of the cop.

Anyone, whether white or any other color, who excuses blacks for bad behavior just because they are black obviously doesn't consider blacks their equal. Rather, they view blacks, in effect, as children who are unable to adhere to the standards to which every other group is held. Think carefully about that. The only difference between this view and that of white supremacists is that white supremacists are honest and open: in their view blacks are inferior to whites. Period.

But those who condescend to blacks cloak themselves in self-righteousness. So, somehow that makes it okay. The bad behavior happens -- a riot in Ferguson -- and they nod knowingly: "They couldn't take it anymore. Who can blame them?" I'll take the white supremacist any day.

.... as a black human being, I want to be -- I must be --judged by the same standards as everybody else...

Treat blacks equally. Always. In every way. Not differently. Not better. Not worse. Not like we're demons. Not like we're angels."

I dunno PC. In any singular instance I do like to judge people on their actions. I also believe in prosecuting the rock throwers, looters and vandals that we can catch. Just like any rock throwers at Kent State deserved punished.

I disagree with your assessment of the effects of welfare.....it is an economic theory / percentage difference of opinion. Our system (thankfully) uses funds from the whole society to pay the National Guard to protect my assests from the looters. You, me, we probably have more to protect than the average looter but it protects them also.

Welfare(& unemployment et ) gives my white neighbor a softer landing when his overextended self looses his job. Saved him from defaulting on his 200k loan lol!

It also keeps crack pipe Annie from starving to death. Or Meth head Mike from needing to kidnap kids for ransome to scrape by.

Now I wish welfare was handed out in more of a "work for it" manner. CCC like and all and perhaps we can find a middle ground with that.

1. "I disagree with your assessment of the effects of welfare..."
Simple to explain....you're an example of the 'low information voter' that keeps Democrats in power.

My post is based on fact.

. Proof? Sure. The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were give a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents. http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/12794.pdf

a. Further results: dissolution of families:
This conclusion was unambiguously unfavorable to advocates of a negative income tax that would cover married couples, for two important reasons. First, increased marital breakups among the poor would increase the numbers on welfare and the amount of transfer payments, principally because the separated wife and children would receive higher transfer payments.

Second, marital dissolutions and the usual accompanying absence of
fathers from households with children are generally considered unfavorable outcomes regardless of whether or not the welfare rolls increase.” http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/conf/conf30/conf30c.pdf

b. “When families received guaranteed income at 90% of the poverty level, there was a 43% increase in black family dissolution and a 63% increase in white family dissolution. At 125% of the poverty levels, dissolutions were 75% and 40%.” Robert B. Carleson, “Government Is The Problem,” p. 57.

2. Here's the result of your senseless policies:
"This week, the U.S. Census Bureau is scheduled to release its annual poverty report. The report will be notable because this year marks the 50th anniversary of the launch of President Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty. In his January 1964 State of the Union address, Johnson proclaimed, “This administration today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty in America.”[1]

Since that time, U.S. taxpayers have spent over $22 trillion on anti-poverty programs (in constant 2012 dollars). Adjusted for inflation, this spending (which does not include Social Security or Medicare) is three times the cost of all military wars in U.S. history since the American Revolution. Despite this mountain of spending, progress against poverty, at least as measured by the government, has been minimal.
War on Poverty After 50 Years Conditions of the Poor in America

You, and every other simpleton who supports Liberals/Democrats are responsible for the outcomes you decry.

You bitch constantly about helping the poor but you refuse to name the programs you would end.

9. There is a solution, and it comes from Chloe Valdary, a student at the University of New Orleans,...

" Many people believed that the election of a black President would advance America to a new era of racial harmony.

.... many people feel that they have to treat blacks with kid gloves. They think this is noble... enlightened... progressive. It's not. It's demeaning and condescending. In fact, it's racist.

Rioting and looting are acceptable forms of behavior? Why? Because the rioters and looters have no other options? Really? In free, democratic America, you have no other options? Does this apply to all ethnic groups? Hispanics? Southeast Asians? Pacific Islanders? Of course not.

.... the enlightened ones -- are ready with a pre-packaged list of excuses when blacks riot and loot. Worse, when it comes to judging black behavior, even facts don't matter. All that matters is the skin color of the teenager and the skin color of the cop.

Anyone, whether white or any other color, who excuses blacks for bad behavior just because they are black obviously doesn't consider blacks their equal. Rather, they view blacks, in effect, as children who are unable to adhere to the standards to which every other group is held. Think carefully about that. The only difference between this view and that of white supremacists is that white supremacists are honest and open: in their view blacks are inferior to whites. Period.

But those who condescend to blacks cloak themselves in self-righteousness. So, somehow that makes it okay. The bad behavior happens -- a riot in Ferguson -- and they nod knowingly: "They couldn't take it anymore. Who can blame them?" I'll take the white supremacist any day.

.... as a black human being, I want to be -- I must be --judged by the same standards as everybody else...

Treat blacks equally. Always. In every way. Not differently. Not better. Not worse. Not like we're demons. Not like we're angels."

I dunno PC. In any singular instance I do like to judge people on their actions. I also believe in prosecuting the rock throwers, looters and vandals that we can catch. Just like any rock throwers at Kent State deserved punished.

I disagree with your assessment of the effects of welfare.....it is an economic theory / percentage difference of opinion. Our system (thankfully) uses funds from the whole society to pay the National Guard to protect my assests from the looters. You, me, we probably have more to protect than the average looter but it protects them also.

Welfare(& unemployment et ) gives my white neighbor a softer landing when his overextended self looses his job. Saved him from defaulting on his 200k loan lol!

It also keeps crack pipe Annie from starving to death. Or Meth head Mike from needing to kidnap kids for ransome to scrape by.

Now I wish welfare was handed out in more of a "work for it" manner. CCC like and all and perhaps we can find a middle ground with that.

Simple to explain....you're an example of the 'low information voter' that keeps Democrats in power.

. Proof? Sure. The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were give a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents. http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/12794.pdf

This conclusion was unambiguously unfavorable to advocates of a negative income tax that would cover married couples, for two important reasons. First, increased marital breakups among the poor would increase the numbers on welfare and the amount of transfer payments, principally because the separated wife and children would receive higher transfer payments.

fathers from households with children are generally considered unfavorable outcomes regardless of whether or not the welfare rolls increase.” http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/conf/conf30/conf30c.pdf

b. “When families received guaranteed income at 90% of the poverty level, there was a 43% increase in black family dissolution and a 63% increase in white family dissolution. At 125% of the poverty levels, dissolutions were 75% and 40%.” Robert B. Carleson, “Government Is The Problem,” p. 57.

"This week, the U.S. Census Bureau is scheduled to release its annual poverty report. The report will be notable because this year marks the 50th anniversary of the launch of President Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty. In his January 1964 State of the Union address, Johnson proclaimed, “This administration today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty in America.”[1]

Since that time, U.S. taxpayers have spent over $22 trillion on anti-poverty programs (in constant 2012 dollars). Adjusted for inflation, this spending (which does not include Social Security or Medicare) is three times the cost of all military wars in U.S. history since the American Revolution. Despite this mountain of spending, progress against poverty, at least as measured by the government, has been minimal.

You, and every other simpleton who supports Liberals/Democrats are responsible for the outcomes you decry.

PC, what happened that you turned to the ugly name calling? Is it a game we are playing? If so I will counter by calling you a mean little vixen lol.

To remove any chance we are debating semantics. What is the welfare system you support? Unemployment for six weeks or how long, yes or no to food stamps, what do you propose works? My apologies if I missed it, these threads grow quickly.

I think our system needs tweaked. Make people apply for jobs at least right at the welfare office. Make there be a chance whoever gets aid might have to work highway clean up any week. That type of thing. Unemployment seems kinda long. Many of my bum friends rode it longer than needed a few years back.

1. "....what happened that you turned to the ugly name calling?"
. Welcome to the karma cafe....there are no menus but you will get what you deserve.

2. "Is it a game we are playing?"
Game???
No....this is the nation I love that you've destroyed.
And now you wanna complain that you're being called for your crime???

3. "I will counter by calling you a mean little vixen..."
At least be accurate, and write '...an honest, but mean little vixen..."

4. "What is the welfare system you support?"
One that feeds the spirit, the attitude, the values of the recipient....not just the wallet.

a. In earlier times, before materialism and secularism took their toll, social communication proceeded, largely, from church sermons. And sermons, frequently propounding the need for personal help and hospitality, were "powerful in shaping cultural values, meanings, and a sense of corporate purpose."
"The New England Soul: Preaching and Religious Culture in Colonial New England," p. 3,byHarry S. Stout

b. Cultures build systems of charity based on the god they worship, whether distant deists, or a personal theistic God of justice and mercy. The 'justice' part produced an understanding of compassion that was hard-headed and, at the same time, warm-hearted. As 'justice' meant punishment for wrong-doing, it was perfectly correct for the slothful to suffer. Olasky, "The Tragedy of American Compassion"

5. "I think our system needs tweaked."
Pleeeeeeeezzze...stop being so stupid.
'Our sytem' is not in any way intended to solve poverty....it is the Democrat way of vote-buying while destroying America.
And you are a facilitator of same.

The spark for the riots are the semi-questionable suspect killings. The powder is the years of racism.

Let's outline the real provenance so no one will imagine that a fool like you actually understands what has happened.

1. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

There was never a time in America when there was no welfare.

Try not being stupid.

You bitch constantly about helping the poor but you refuse to name the programs you would end.

Watch your language.

NYLiar....you know very well that I have often explained exactly what the problem is and what the solution is.

1.Liberals/Progressives/Democrats are the problem. Exile them and America has a chance.

2. " One change in societal attitude has been the “ecumenical niceness”…don’t fight, share toys, take turns….and never, ever be judgmental.As a result, the upper cultural class, which has stabilized by returning to more traditional ways, survives, yet these individuals will not criticize the behaviors which are destroying the lower cultural class."
"Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010" by Charles Murray

A cornerstone of the Liberal philosophy is that one never make judgmentsabout the behavior of other. Notice how that view eliminates the compassion and charity prevalent in an earlier America, one in which 'need' was the driver, not 'want.'

3. Not only is respect for religion lacking in contemporary society, but large parts of it have been co-opted by the Left; it comes out asMarxism's recitation of Christianity.

Today the view, sometimes described as "liberation theology,"makes the blanket appraisal that God is on the side of the poor. Period. If one self-identifies as poor, one need simply sit back and receive what are called "entitlements," but are actually the redistribution of the nation's wealth.

a. "Take control of and redistribute assets
A heavy progressive or graduated Income Tax
Abolition of all rights of inheritance"
chapter 2 of the Communist Manifesto

4. This is very different from the earlier American view which saw God as backing the mistreated poor, and, in fact, chastising the indolent poor.

a. Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!
b. Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, But the soul of the diligent is made fat.
c. Proverbs 19:15 Laziness casts into a deep sleep, And an idle man will suffer hunger.
d. Proverbs 20:13 Do not love sleep, or you will become poor; Open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with food.
e. Proverbs 21:25 The desire of the sluggard puts him to death, For his hands refuse to work;
f. Proverbs 28:19 He who tills his land will have plenty of food, But he who follows empty pursuits will have poverty in plenty.

The above warnings come from one book.....

Liberation Theology, from another: "The Communist Manifesto," the 1848 publication written by the political theorists Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Therein the obligation of the poor is simple: revolution......Ferguson, Baltimore, and on and on.

Try not being stupid.

OK then you mean name calling lady.

What type of unemployment / food stamp / welfare system do you think would do us best?

Looks like Ted Cruz read this thread>

"TED CRUZ: OBAMA INFLAMED RACE TENSIONS, VILIFYING COPS ‘FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG’

“President Obama, when he was elected, he could have been a unifying leader,” Cruz lamented in a question and answer session hosted by the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Instead, the presidential candidate argued, Obama “has made decisions that I think have inflamed racial tensions, that have divided us rather than bringing us tougher.”

As evidence of Obama’s poor record on the matter, Cruz pointed to vice president Joe Biden’s comments during the 2012 campaign, in which Biden claimed Republicans would put African-Americans “back in chains.” Pressed by reporters at the Chamber of Commerce event to name a specific case where the president inflamed racial tensions, Cruz cited the 2011 “beer summit,” in which Obama invited black Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. to have a beer at the White House with white police Sgt. James Crowley, who had arrested Gates at his home.

....portraying law enforcement officers in a negative light did a disservice to minorities.

“The vilification of law enforcement has been fundamentally wrong and it has hurt the minority community,” Cruz said."
Ted Cruz Obama Inflamed Race Tensions Vilifying Cops Fundamentally Wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
4. Did Obama have a hand in fanning the smoldering embers in the case of Ferguson?
You betcha'!

Obama met with protest leaders:

"Some of the national leaders met with President Obama on Nov. 5 for a gathering that included a conversation about Ferguson.

According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown’s funeral, Mr. Obama “was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating. He said he hopes that we’re doing all we can to keep peace.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/u...html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=1

With whom is the President standing shoulder to shoulder?

Sure looks like another "I wasn't there....but the police acted stupidly."

The Food-Stamp President is also the Anti-Police President.

Can't wait until January 20, 2017, the last day of Obama's job he has failed. He does have another one in site....:lmao:

One day when he’s done wrangling with the Iranians and congressional Republicans, President Barack Obama plans to get back to where he once belonged.

The most powerful man in the world wants to return to community organizing
after he hands over the keys to the White House in 2017, he told middle-school students at a public library in Washington’s Anacostia neighborhood today.

“I’ll be done being president in a couple of years and I’ll still be a pretty young man,” he said. “And so I’ll go back to doing the kinds of work I was doing before, just trying to find ways to help people.

more: Obama Says He Might Go Back to Community Organizing - Bloomberg Politics

Try not being stupid.

OK then you mean name calling lady.

What type of unemployment / food stamp / welfare system do you think would do us best?

Its easy to miss things in these long topics. Describe the welfare system you support. We may not be that far off.

Try not being stupid.
What welfare did the colonialist get? From the govt.???

“President Obama, when he was elected, he could have been a unifying leader,” Cruz lamented in a question and answer session hosted by the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Instead, the presidential candidate argued, Obama “has made decisions that I think have inflamed racial tensions, that have divided us rather than bringing us tougher.”

As evidence of Obama’s poor record on the matter, Cruz pointed to vice president Joe Biden’s comments during the 2012 campaign, in which Biden claimed Republicans would put African-Americans “back in chains.” Pressed by reporters at the Chamber of Commerce event to name a specific case where the president inflamed racial tensions, Cruz cited the 2011 “beer summit,” in which Obama invited black Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. to have a beer at the White House with white police Sgt. James Crowley, who had arrested Gates at his home.

....portraying law enforcement officers in a negative light did a disservice to minorities.

“The vilification of law enforcement has been fundamentally wrong and it has hurt the minority community,” Cruz said."
Ted Cruz putting out a smoke screen for his white bread base?

Honestly $2.50 a gallon gas and race riots were the last thing I expected when Obama got elected. I still want to hear her desired welfare plan. She reads ALOT so it should be well thought out even if I disagree.

Honestly $2.50 a gallon gas and race riots were the last thing I expected when Obama got elected. I still want to hear her desired welfare plan. She reads ALOT so it should be well thought out even if I disagree.

My welfare plan is to replace almost all programs with a guaranteed minimum income for EVERY American.

Try not being stupid.

Government????

Marvin Olasky, in "The Tragedy of American Compassion," explains thathuman needs were taken care of by other human beings-not by bureaucracies. The important difference was that the latter may take care of food and shelter...but the formeralso dealt with the human spirit and behavior.
Welfare programs today, are Liberal….conservatives don’t look for material solutions, but understand that changing values is what solves the problem of poverty..

Now compare the above, the result of the efforts ofthe welfare state, to the achievements of earlier ages, specifically colonial times. It was bonds and affiliations that resulted in bothfinancial and moral uplift.
Today, efforts are based on materialism,and materialism alone is hardly a basis for a satisfying and fulfilling life.

$22 trillion after LBJ's 'war on poverty' and the poverty rate is just were it was half a century ago.

Yet dolts like you are still on board.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

You'll never accept that Liberal welfare policy has no intention of solving poverty.

Ted Cruz putting out a smoke screen for his white bread base?

Of course, he's absolutely correct, and you support a demagogue who lives to divide.

Try not being stupid.

Government????

Marvin Olasky, in "The Tragedy of American Compassion," explains thathuman needs were taken care of by other human beings-not by bureaucracies. The important difference was that the latter may take care of food and shelter...but the formeralso dealt with the human spirit and behavior.
Welfare programs today, are Liberal….conservatives don’t look for material solutions, but understand that changing values is what solves the problem of poverty..

Now compare the above, the result of the efforts ofthe welfare state, to the achievements of earlier ages, specifically colonial times. It was bonds and affiliations that resulted in bothfinancial and moral uplift.
Today, efforts are based on materialism,and materialism alone is hardly a basis for a satisfying and fulfilling life.

$22 trillion after LBJ's 'war on poverty' and the poverty rate is just were it was half a century ago.

Yet dolts like you are still on board.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

You'll never accept that Liberal welfare policy has no intention of solving poverty.

I will reference the Bible. In the best country the Western Hemisphere had to offer in the time of Jesus human needs were taken care of by no one until "the savior" walked by and touched the poor or ill who were laying in the streets. Even on my coldest day I don't want em lying in the streets lowering my property values, creating parts of town I absolutely can not go to, or sharing their diseases.

Hey, what is your plan btw? A welfare system about 1/2 Awhatbwe have now? Maybe I missed it.

Forum List

Back