Democrat's Moral Corruption

Okay, since you're too cowardly to give me the number, I'll simply match yours, which was ONE to start. You thought you proved your point with one example:

Here's mine:

The Bush Administration political prosecution of Puerto Rican governor Anibal Acevedo Vila:

On 27 March 2008, Acevedo Vilá was formally charged in the long-running public corruption probe, along with 12 other people. The 13 were accused of running a conspiracy to illegally raise money to pay off Acevedo Vilá's campaign debts in 2000.[7] Acevedo Vilá was not arrested. Acting U.S. Attorney Rosa Emilia Rodríguez [Bush appointee] said, "The governor will be permitted to turn himself in [in] deference to his position."[8]

The following day Acevedo Vilá was released without having to pay bail nor give up his passport.
[9] Acevedo Vilá was allowed to travel out of the island so long as he informed the court prior to doing so.[9]

On 19 August 2008, the federal agency filed a second five count federal Grand Jury indictment.

Throughout the investigation and indictment process, Acevedo Vilá stated repeatedly that he was innocent, and claimed that everything was politically motivated to harm his career.

On 1 December 2008, Judge
Paul J. Barbadoro dismissed 15 of the original 19 charges citing misinterpretation of Puerto Rican election laws by the federal prosecutors.[10]

The case was heard between 9 February 2009 until 20 March 2009. Acevedo Vila was found
not guilty of all charges on 20 March 2009.[11]

...now you really lose...

Game, set, match; Carbiner.

I shut her up. I should win a Pulitzer for that. lolol

My lone regret is that I can't both give you an "agree" and "thank you" for the same post.

Forum List

Back