Democrats move to take Trump off the ballot

States move to require all presidential candidates to release taxes

If you cannot beat him. Block him. The Left have lost their mind.

Bills requiring prospective presidential candidates to disclose recent tax returns as a condition to appear on the ballot are currently pending in the following fourteen states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. Similar legislation, introduced this year, failed in Maryland, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico and Virginia.

Despite a few exceptions, nearly all of the state bills that have been introduced would require candidates to post at least five years of their individual tax returns. In addition, virtually every state bill has been introduced by a Democratic lawmaker, an apparent reaction to Trump's decision to buck decades of tradition during the 2016 election cycle when he refused to release his tax returns.

The choice is Trump's.

LOL is it? What’s the next law? Billionaires cannot run? States just cannot randomly implement rules like this. Let the SCOTUS decide.

Billionaires do taxes. If they aren't crooked conmen, they should have no problem turning them in.
None of your business traitor.

States move to require all presidential candidates to release taxes

If you cannot beat him. Block him. The Left have lost their mind.

Bills requiring prospective presidential candidates to disclose recent tax returns as a condition to appear on the ballot are currently pending in the following fourteen states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. Similar legislation, introduced this year, failed in Maryland, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico and Virginia.

Despite a few exceptions, nearly all of the state bills that have been introduced would require candidates to post at least five years of their individual tax returns. In addition, virtually every state bill has been introduced by a Democratic lawmaker, an apparent reaction to Trump's decision to buck decades of tradition during the 2016 election cycle when he refused to release his tax returns.

The choice is Trump's.

LOL is it? What’s the next law? Billionaires cannot run? States just cannot randomly implement rules like this. Let the SCOTUS decide.

Billionaires do taxes. If they aren't crooked conmen, they should have no problem turning them in.
None of your business traitor.
when schultz enters,,,they will probably ban him too

why not state also?

give me good reasons this is needed OTHER THAN TRUMP. you can't change an entire policy and way of doing things cause you don't like 1 person.

that's asinine.

Its always better to have more information on those running for office. Trump will be out of public life in either 500 days or a little over 5 years.

What some would call asinine is wanting to know less about who is leading your nation.
the line to me gets crossed when you are not looking on what was done, but what you can attack. the dems are looking for ANYTHING they can to hold against him. to think anything there is illegal is to think the IRS is incompetent.

It better to know more about who seeks the office. Bottom line.

But they still have a right to privacy you don't get to violate, no matter how much "better" you think it would be to do so. Bottom line.

The FEC forces candidates to do financial disclosure. That is already on the books. The states following suit seems to have firm legal footing.

Actually they do not.

The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is the only agency authorized to regulate the financing of presidential and other federal campaigns (i.e., campaigns for the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives). The states cannot impose additional requirements on federal candidates. Federal law requires all presidential candidates to file a statement of candidacy within 15 days of receiving contributions or making expenditures that exceed $5,000. The statement of candidacy is the only federally mandated ballot access requirement for presidential candidates; all other ballot access procedures are mandated at the state level.

Ballot access for presidential candidates - Ballotpedia

Its always better to have more information on those running for office. Trump will be out of public life in either 500 days or a little over 5 years.

What some would call asinine is wanting to know less about who is leading your nation.
the line to me gets crossed when you are not looking on what was done, but what you can attack. the dems are looking for ANYTHING they can to hold against him. to think anything there is illegal is to think the IRS is incompetent.

But they still have a right to privacy you don't get to violate, no matter how much "better" you think it would be to do so. Bottom line.

The FEC forces candidates to do financial disclosure. That is already on the books. The states following suit seems to have firm legal footing.

Actually they do not.

The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is the only agency authorized to regulate the financing of presidential and other federal campaigns (i.e., campaigns for the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives). The states cannot impose additional requirements on federal candidates. Federal law requires all presidential candidates to file a statement of candidacy within 15 days of receiving contributions or making expenditures that exceed $5,000. The statement of candidacy is the only federally mandated ballot access requirement for presidential candidates; all other ballot access procedures are mandated at the state level.

Financing elections and qualifying for the ballot are two different things. There are signature requirements for candidates, filing fees, etc… If you can apply one requirement, there is precedent for placing others.

The question was about the candidate’s right to privacy however….

Pure, blatant, transparent, shameless partisan politics.

If you're a nihilist, this is a good time for you. We've lost our shit, and we're doing everything we can to self-destruct.

You're right, it probably is primarily politically driven, but it's also for transparency. Every candidate before now has done it, but it wasn't required. Trump's refusal to follow the practice forces it to become a requirement.

But it will have to wait for a Democratic President.

Fascist. You have no concept of freedom.

If you're a nihilist, this is a good time for you. We've lost our shit, and we're doing everything we can to self-destruct.

You're right, it probably is primarily politically driven, but it's also for transparency. Every candidate before now has done it, but it wasn't required. Trump's refusal to follow the practice forces it to become a requirement.

I know you didn't just try to flatter and delude yourself that Democrats are honest, admirable people. Please remember that "We refuse to acknowledge scandals" is not the same thing as "We don't have any scandals".

I’m not a registered Democrat so I don’t know how it flatters me. Moot. I simply pointed it that Trump isn’t going to allow the FEC to change the rules so a rule change to compel what has only been customary will require a Democrat to make it so. Republicans don’t do anything that might upset Trump...and that kind of transparency upsets Trump.

Are you reading the absolute garbage you are posting? That is some of the dumbest shit I think I have ever see posted by an alleged adult. Democrats cannot change FEC rules by passing a law, dumbass! Get your head out of you ass and learn something!

Actually they do not.

Financing elections and qualifying for the ballot are two different things. There are signature requirements for candidates, filing fees, etc… If you can apply one requirement, there is precedent for placing others.

Major party candidates are EXEMPT from such requirements, dumbass!

I really wish you could slip in the tub, crack your noggin and hope that some sense would be knocked into that cement block you carry around where most people have a head!

And you ask why they are trying to impeach Trump...simply because...
253121_image.jpg

dco5hwa.jpg

Creating a law to codify a norm is not fascism. A former teacher should know that.

I know you didn't just try to flatter and delude yourself that Democrats are honest, admirable people. Please remember that "We refuse to acknowledge scandals" is not the same thing as "We don't have any scandals".

I’m not a registered Democrat so I don’t know how it flatters me. Moot. I simply pointed it that Trump isn’t going to allow the FEC to change the rules so a rule change to compel what has only been customary will require a Democrat to make it so. Republicans don’t do anything that might upset Trump...and that kind of transparency upsets Trump.

Are you reading the absolute garbage you are posting? That is some of the dumbest shit I think I have ever see posted by an alleged adult. Democrats cannot change FEC rules by passing a law, dumbass! Get your head out of you ass and learn something!

Of course they can. Congress created the FEC and they can pass laws that the FEC must enforce.

Actually they do not.

I really wish you could slip in the tub, crack your noggin and hope that some sense would be knocked into that cement block you carry around where most people have a head!

Again the ass pirate makes my case for me—he’s too stupid to see that he’s doing it.

Yes. States can make all sorts of rules to get on their ballot. Having tax returns as another rule seems to fall in line with what you’re describing. Thanks for confirming it shit-brains.

Creating a law to codify a norm is not fascism. A former teacher should know that.

Requiring a norm is fascism, dumbass! Who decides what is the norm?

It's a total crock and will never stand.
  • People can write in anyone they want.
But only certified write in candidates are counted.

The only thing certifiable is that you have lost your crackers!

Given up on trying to have a discussion? Can't debate the topic anymore like an adult? Too much time spent with children o are you just not very good at this?

I could answer every single post of yours very simply. You lie!

If you truly believe your lies, you are a dumbass!

Actually they do not.

Again the ass pirate makes my case for me—he’s too stupid to see that he’s doing it.

Yes. States can make all sorts of rules to get on their ballot. Having tax returns as another rule seems to fall in line with what you’re describing. Thanks for confirming it shit-brains.

Major party candidates are EXEMPT! Can you fucking read?

I have seen first graders with better reading skills than you!

Actually they do not.

Thanks yet again for showing us the states can make their own rules. You’re a useful idiot.

Actually they do not.

Thanks yet again for showing us the states can make their own rules. You’re a useful idiot.

Why do you think you can just ignore inconvenient facts? Of that's right! Your IQ is southbound of room temperature!

Forum List

Back