Democrats move to take Trump off the ballot

States move to require all presidential candidates to release taxes

If you cannot beat him. Block him. The Left have lost their mind.

Bills requiring prospective presidential candidates to disclose recent tax returns as a condition to appear on the ballot are currently pending in the following fourteen states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. Similar legislation, introduced this year, failed in Maryland, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico and Virginia.

Despite a few exceptions, nearly all of the state bills that have been introduced would require candidates to post at least five years of their individual tax returns. In addition, virtually every state bill has been introduced by a Democratic lawmaker, an apparent reaction to Trump's decision to buck decades of tradition during the 2016 election cycle when he refused to release his tax returns.

I agree that this is undemocratic and stinks to high heaven! But what does Trump have to hide? Every other candidate has released their tax returns.
Tax returns are no ones business.

My business. I want to know whn the President bases decisions on what is good or America & not his wallerty.

Dumbass Mikey doesn't care
like you give a fuck or could even understand them. youd sit like pavlovs dogs waiting on orders of what to say

I care when our President changes policy solely because it fattens his wallet./

What examples of that do you see? Any?

I think voters should have the opportunity to kick him out of office providing the congress doesn't.
Congress has no reason or legal reason to do so.

Political reasons only
Obstruction is not political.

Focus was Russia.

Some of the obstruction was tied to the Russian investigation.

Like when Littledick Donnie fired Comey because he ewas investigating Trump.

Nope. Try again. The point was to prove conspiracy. There was no conspiracy. The rest is political fodder. If there was conspiracy he should be impeached.

Ted Kennedy is the perfect example of how hypocritical Democrats are. He just didn't make an off color comment, he committed a felony, and got away with it, resulting in a woman's death. Action, not commentary. He was having an affair, while married and in office. Action not commentary. Yet, that's OK.

If the Democrats had their way, we would soon be a banana republic, where the dominant party makes all the rules, rigs the elections, shuts down hostile media outlets, etc., etc.

Ted Kennedy refused to release his tax returns when he ran in 1980. Did any blue states threaten to keep him off the ballot in the Dem primary because of that? Nope.

And the good voters of Massachusetts sent Chappaquiddick Ted back to the Senate several times after a girl drowned in his car.
Wow, you assfucks have quite the imagination.

Trump making rules, McConnell only bringing up what Trump wants.

Russians interfered to help Trump

Republicans are the kings of voter suppression.Going back 10 elections top find a Democast who supposedly did not release his returns. Who LOST the primary election you stupid shit.

States can't put restrictions on presidential qualifications. If they do their Electoral College votes won't count.
So who cares what the stupid fucks do?
Not all states have the same requirements to get on the ballot.
Got a link for that claim? IMHO the US Constitution states the only requirements needed.
"In order to get on the ballot, a candidate for president of the United States must meet a variety of complex, state-specific filing requirements and deadlines."

Ballot access for presidential candidates - Ballotpedia

Agreed, filing deadlines and requirements, to get on the ballot in time.
That has nothing to do with adding requirements specific to qualifying for the office of President.
Do what you want, but if your EC votes don't count, you know why.

Congress has no reason or legal reason to do so.

Political reasons only

Focus was Russia.

Nope. Try again. The point was to prove conspiracy. There was no conspiracy. The rest is political fodder. If there was conspiracy he should be impeached.
So Trump firing Comey for Comey investigsating collusion has nothing to do with the investigation into collusion.

Got it.

Pure, blatant, transparent, shameless partisan politics.

If you're a nihilist, this is a good time for you. We've lost our shit, and we're doing everything we can to self-destruct.

You're right, it probably is primarily politically driven, but it's also for transparency. Every candidate before now has done it, but it wasn't required. Trump's refusal to follow the practice forces it to become a requirement.

But it will have to wait for a Democratic President.

I know you didn't just try to flatter and delude yourself that Democrats are honest, admirable people. Please remember that "We refuse to acknowledge scandals" is not the same thing as "We don't have any scandals".

I’m not a registered Democrat so I don’t know how it flatters me. Moot. I simply pointed it that Trump isn’t going to allow the FEC to change the rules so a rule change to compel what has only been customary will require a Democrat to make it so. Republicans don’t do anything that might upset Trump...and that kind of transparency upsets Trump.

Political reasons only

Focus was Russia.

So Trump firing Comey for Comey investigsating collusion has nothing to do with the investigation into collusion.

Got it.

Investigation was into conspiracy. Both parties wanted Comey out. He could legally fire Comey. Per Dershowitz that is not obstruction. Are you more of an expert on the law than Alan Dershowitz? Got it.

If you cannot beat him. Block him. The Left have lost their mind.

Bills requiring prospective presidential candidates to disclose recent tax returns as a condition to appear on the ballot are currently pending in the following fourteen states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. Similar legislation, introduced this year, failed in Maryland, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico and Virginia.

Despite a few exceptions, nearly all of the state bills that have been introduced would require candidates to post at least five years of their individual tax returns. In addition, virtually every state bill has been introduced by a Democratic lawmaker, an apparent reaction to Trump's decision to buck decades of tradition during the 2016 election cycle when he refused to release his tax returns.

I agree that this is undemocratic and stinks to high heaven! But what does Trump have to hide? Every other candidate has released their tax returns.
Tax returns are no ones business.

My business. I want to know whn the President bases decisions on what is good or America & not his wallerty.

Dumbass Mikey doesn't care
like you give a fuck or could even understand them. youd sit like pavlovs dogs waiting on orders of what to say

I care when our President changes policy solely because it fattens his wallet./
ring ring

Funny that there are ALL THESE EFFORTS to obstruct Trump,
  • Stop him from getting in
  • Stop his administration from operating
  • Block every effort of his even if it was actually good for the country
  • Investigate him with no known crime
  • When that investigation turns of scat, start a new investigation
  • Investigate anyone who thinks Trump innocent
  • Demand his tax returns, no reason given, looking for what? We don't know
  • Demand his banking and finance records, no reason given, looking for what? We don't know
  • Asking the investigator to come in and testify PERSONALLY even after reading his full report
  • Change election laws so states that supported him are at a disadvantage
  • Change state ballot laws to try to even keep him from running a second term!
  • The very epitome of OBSTRUCTION even as they try to charge Trump so?
All this for a guy who's been found guilty of nothing and threatened with impeachment since the day he took office while at least half a dozen democrats remain free of very likely treason charges! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? WHAT are these loons so damned SCARED of?

Dem Nazis.jpg

It isnt constitutional. Period.

That is not yet decided. Is it really all that much different than signature requirements?
Arkansas applying their own term limits to federal elections got shot down. Why wouldnt this?

Because it is not term limits. Have signature requirements every been shot down?
Nope, it was upheld because they want to avoid frivolous campaigns.
But this is different.
Maybe we just dont see eye to eye. we will find out how its ruled on soon enough.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, national poverty rate was 12.3 percent or 39.7 million Americans in 2017. These states have the highest percentages of poverty in the country: Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, West Virginia, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, Arizona, and Georgia.

All red states....LOLOL

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

That dear friends is called fascism. .
Hey, aren't Republicans all about Home Rule and States' Rights?

Well... here's your Big Chance to put those principles to the test. :21:

I question whether such a move would be constitutional. Yes, the states have the power to regulate elections, which includes ballot access. However, this does not accomplish any legitimate interest in regulating ballot access. This only establishes a political test, with the effect of secretly creating an additional qualification for an elected federal office. And the states have no power to institute new or additional qualifications for elected federal offices.
It's not a "political test"... it's an Honesty Test... although TrumpBots might have some difficulty with that concept.

But this is different.
Maybe we just dont see eye to eye. we will find out how its ruled on soon enough.

I do not support it, but I am not convinced it is illegal.

But this is different.

I do not support it, but I am not convinced it is illegal.
I am solely going by that SC decision with the term limits.
I just dont see much of a difference.

I personally think it is closer to signature requirements than term limits. It will be interesting to see if one of these states actually pass the law

A change to require tax returns from federal candidates.
why not state also?

give me good reasons this is needed OTHER THAN TRUMP. you can't change an entire policy and way of doing things cause you don't like 1 person.

that's asinine.

Its always better to have more information on those running for office. Trump will be out of public life in either 500 days or a little over 5 years.

What some would call asinine is wanting to know less about who is leading your nation.
the line to me gets crossed when you are not looking on what was done, but what you can attack. the dems are looking for ANYTHING they can to hold against him. to think anything there is illegal is to think the IRS is incompetent.

It better to know more about who seeks the office. Bottom line.

But they still have a right to privacy you don't get to violate, no matter how much "better" you think it would be to do so. Bottom line.

The FEC forces candidates to do financial disclosure. That is already on the books. The states following suit seems to have firm legal footing.

Forum List

Back