Democrats Plan On Nation's School Buses Wasteful!

Just imagine this bus full of people. The whole electric bus is engulfed in flames in seconds. No time to escape. Within 15 seconds, an adjacent electric bus is also an inferno.
No one was in the bus & I refuse to imagine there were.
People die in car crashes every day.
Still people continue to drive cars
:)-
>No one was in the bus & I refuse to imagine there were.

Thank goodness it was empty, but I'm pretty sure that the next time you step on an electric bus, you'll be thinking about a plan for a swift exit if you smell something burning or see smoke. :)

The purpose of the mandate is so that folks aligned with the party can cash-in on the electric bus scam and kick back some of it to Biden and other members of the party.

Every government expenditure is an opportunity for members of the party to get paid and they get paid!

It's irrelevant as to whether or not the program is good for America. All that matters is that members of the party get paid.
Did the former president get paid?

The USPS is also going all green
You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Physics hasn't, it takes a ton of power to heat with electricity. Heating the interior of a school bus would be the equivalent of heating a couple of homes. They aren't well insulated and the door is opened and closed constantly. Also the constant starting and stopping uses more energy as well. Natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell would be a much better fit over batteries.

A combination of all three is acceptable.

Is nuclear power also acceptable to recharge them as well? And how much toxic waste will these batteries create every year?

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?
They have rapid charging stations.

You can also do battery swaps. You have no faith in American ingenuity?

Tell the class how much these spare batteries will cost and how much will it cost to have the technicians and equipment to change them.

The entire process can be automated.

Well that's not totally true, spare batteries have to be transported to the exchange sites, the batteries have to be stocked and unserviceable batteries have to be hauled away. Then what happens to the batteries that are unserviceable? All that takes man power.

f150 hybrid.jpg

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.
Our President is on the right course. I fully support the President's efforts to transition from fossil fuels. Keep it up, Joe!

Me too, I have investments in charging companies. If the government is going to do stupid shit, no reason I can't profit from it.

Yeah, two died in a Tesla in Houston, it took the fire dept 2 hours to put out the fire because of the battery.
great, now they can design a casing that prevents this from happening again, right here in the USA.

made in America for American electric battery protection.

I see the resumes going out now :)-
Just needs a great LOGO

.,.,.Jobs, .,.,.Jobs,.,.,.Jobs,.,.,.Jobs,.,.,.Jobs,.,.,.Jobs,.,.,.Jobs,

The USPS is also going all green
You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Physics hasn't, it takes a ton of power to heat with electricity. Heating the interior of a school bus would be the equivalent of heating a couple of homes. They aren't well insulated and the door is opened and closed constantly. Also the constant starting and stopping uses more energy as well. Natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell would be a much better fit over batteries.

Guess what.....Electric School buses are here
They work, districts are buying them

View attachment 492721

I guess we'll see if they are replaced by conventional or new electric buses. Under ideal conditions they are only good for about 120 miles on a charge and take about 8 hours to recharge on level 2 chargers. I still don't think they will be practical for rural areas.

120 miles is quite a distance for most school districts
8 hours will charge them overnight

What makes you think the buses won't need to be recharged before their after school trips? BTW, the real world rarely presents ideal conditions, so that 120 miles is optimistic and the average school bus logs 12,000 miles a year in 9 months, more in rural areas.

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?
They have rapid charging stations.

You can also do battery swaps. You have no faith in American ingenuity?

Tell the class how much these spare batteries will cost and how much will it cost to have the technicians and equipment to change them.

In the UK they have thousands of electric vehicles sitting in a field because it cost more to replace the battery than it worth and the landfills won't take them.

Yep, the batteries are toxic. If someone could figure out how to recycle them they'll make a shit ton of money.

They say even recycling them is dangerous one wrong move and you're covered in acid. I've seen cars run on compressed air. They are quick.

Compressed air is impractical, you can't store enough of it to go any distance.

Yeah, two died in a Tesla in Houston, it took the fire dept 2 hours to put out the fire because of the battery.
great, now they can design a casing that prevents this from happening again, right here in the USA.

Just needs a great LOGO

Yep, add weight and shorten range, sounds like a plan. LMAO

Good idea. It won't happen but it is a good place to start--making the school buses electric.

Its doubtful that it will happen in 30 years unless there is a (wait for it) subsidy for Westside School District to replace their buses with a electric fleet.

It seems to me that the school bus is made expressly for the electric propulsion system. Neighborhood driving, re-charge over night and during the day... If we ever wised up and got rid of these stupid trips 300 miles away to play a meaningless football game...it could happen much more quickly.

Just needs a great LOGO

Guess what the battery case is made out of.......wait for it...... wait for it....

Oil

and the average school bus logs 12,000 miles a year in 9 months

That is 60 miles a day

You're assuming there's no need to take school teams, cheer squads and bands to away games. Here in TX that could be 100 miles, each way. Out in West TX even further.

Like Texas would ever buy Electric School Buses

Drill Baby, Drill

Yeah, we're so backward we produce almost 30% of the wind energy produced in the whole US. How much does your backwater shithole State produce?

Forum List

Back