Democrats say Democrats have gone off the rails

Obama's only legacy.
Trump.
While I agree that we would not have Trump as POTUS had we not had Obama first, I do think Obama did do some positive things for our country.

The US political world is not a war of angels vrs demons, unless your angels are the people and the demons are the political establishment and their corporate crony network..

As one who is no fan of Trump, it's not pleasant to watch what's happening to the Democratic party. And this is exactly what concerned me the morning I woke up to find that Trump had (gulp) won: That the reaction and pushback would be so insane and severe that 2020 would be an election of crazies, no matter WHICH party won.

When Barack Obama is now to the right of you, this quickly, something is seriously, profoundly wrong.

More and more Democrats are beginning to speak out, and hopefully things will, uh, "change" a bit.

Donald Trump Is Burning the Constitution, and the Biggest Villain at the Democratic Debate Was… Barack Obama?!
The Battle Over Barack Obama’s Legacy at the Democratic Debates
‘Stay away from Barack’: Dems seethe over criticism of Obama
Barack Obama worries about progressives' 'rigidity' leading to party infighting - CNNPolitics
Begala: Democrats Setting Themselves Up To Lose To Trump By Running Far To The Left In Primary

There don't seem to be so many Democrats left on USMB, but I'd like to get your opinion on this.
Independent not Democrat but there is a lifetime till the election. You notice the 4 witches have kept their mouths shut lately? Pelosi did damage control before the last debate. Schumer backing the trade war helps too.

As one who is no fan of Trump, it's not pleasant to watch what's happening to the Democratic party. And this is exactly what concerned me the morning I woke up to find that Trump had (gulp) won: That the reaction and pushback would be so insane and severe that 2020 would be an election of crazies, no matter WHICH party won.

When Barack Obama is now to the right of you, this quickly, something is seriously, profoundly wrong.

More and more Democrats are beginning to speak out, and hopefully things will, uh, "change" a bit.

Donald Trump Is Burning the Constitution, and the Biggest Villain at the Democratic Debate Was… Barack Obama?!
The Battle Over Barack Obama’s Legacy at the Democratic Debates
‘Stay away from Barack’: Dems seethe over criticism of Obama
Barack Obama worries about progressives' 'rigidity' leading to party infighting - CNNPolitics
Begala: Democrats Setting Themselves Up To Lose To Trump By Running Far To The Left In Primary

There don't seem to be so many Democrats left on USMB, but I'd like to get your opinion on this.
I look at it as a reaction to Trump

With over 20 Democrats running, each candidate needs something to stand out. Spouting liberal proposals will be a way to stand out

By the time a candidate is chosen, Dems will have watered down these proposals or rejected them

In the end, Democrats will run from the middle. They always do

Dems will run on protecting healthcare, the environment, education and the fact that Trump is the worst President ever elected
My guess is the ticket will include a nutter to appease the nutters and one sane person to appease the rest.

Much like Trump/Pence.

I figure the base is fired up enough to vote, either way.

Trump/Pence? Which was the sane one?
Same question that popped into my head.

And Mac did not answer. Likely because he can't puzzle out the sane one there either :D
Plus, I may be more whacked out than both of them put together!

"Anyone's better than this guy" is a losing mentality 100% of the time in American Presidential politics. Republicans failed with it in 1996. Democrats failed with it in 2004. Republicans failed with it in 2012. Democrats failed with it in 2016. It has never once led to a successful result. If Democrats don't get their act together, and soon, Donald will be re-elected regardless of how much of a train wreck he is.
They can still turn it around. The more moderate voices -- strangely enough, those same voices weren't considered "moderate" not long ago -- are getting louder and might very well have an impact. These people aren't stupid, they're just crazed, intolerant, narcissistic ideologues.

Obviously the plan is to go full-bore nutter during the nominating process and then moderate during the general (standard two-faced partisan intellectual dishonesty). But holy crap, even Trump has the intellectual wherewithal to point some of this stuff out during the general.

2020 will be an even more embarrassing circus than 2016 at this rate.
They were always moderate.

It’s the moderate republicans who no longer exist. Richard Nixon could get through the insane trumpscums’ Primary

"Anyone's better than this guy" is a losing mentality 100% of the time in American Presidential politics. Republicans failed with it in 1996. Democrats failed with it in 2004. Republicans failed with it in 2012. Democrats failed with it in 2016. It has never once led to a successful result. If Democrats don't get their act together, and soon, Donald will be re-elected regardless of how much of a train wreck he is.
They can still turn it around. The more moderate voices -- strangely enough, those same voices weren't considered "moderate" not long ago -- are getting louder and might very well have an impact. These people aren't stupid, they're just crazed, intolerant, narcissistic ideologues.

Obviously the plan is to go full-bore nutter during the nominating process and then moderate during the general (standard two-faced partisan intellectual dishonesty). But holy crap, even Trump has the intellectual wherewithal to point some of this stuff out during the general.

2020 will be an even more embarrassing circus than 2016 at this rate.
They were always moderate.

It’s the moderate republicans who no longer exist. Richard Nixon could get through the insane trumpscums’ Primary

Yeah, i know, wanting to deport illegals and bring jobs back.

What a madman!!!!

Forum List

Back