Democrats should work with President Trump

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Seriously. As much as I find the guy distasteful, he IS the president and we haven't gotten a single significant thing done with him in charge. The republicans can't do anything, because they don't know how. Then you have the democrats, who used to be able to do stuff, but now just sit around obstructing, bitching, calling people racists and talking about their hatred of statues and history.

Someone needs to do something. I wish I could take out my wrath on democrats AND republicans in 2018 and 2020, but unfortunately I'll probably get stuck with one or the other again. In the meantime, this toxic political climate and stagnation is unhealthy, and cannot be allowed to continue like this, or I fear we're approaching some pretty bad consequences.

I realize that the chances of the dems stepping up is approximately 0%, since Trump, despite being a stealth dem himself, can't afford to lose his base, and they also can't afford to seem as though they like Trump, since their base is full of ravenous hyenas baying for blood.

What a country we have today. What United States.

What are you hoping they get done?

Something. Anything. Healthcare. Tax Reform. Infrastructure. Anything. Something to get us back to feel like we're moving forward as a country again, rather than remain stuck in this toxic quagmire, so readily evident on this board.

Seriously. As much as I find the guy distasteful, he IS the president and we haven't gotten a single significant thing done with him in charge. The republicans can't do anything, because they don't know how. Then you have the democrats, who used to be able to do stuff, but now just sit around obstructing, bitching, calling people racists and talking about their hatred of statues and history.

Someone needs to do something. I wish I could take out my wrath on democrats AND republicans in 2018 and 2020, but unfortunately I'll probably get stuck with one or the other again. In the meantime, this toxic political climate and stagnation is unhealthy, and cannot be allowed to continue like this, or I fear we're approaching some pretty bad consequences.

I realize that the chances of the dems stepping up is approximately 0%, since Trump, despite being a stealth dem himself, can't afford to lose his base, and they also can't afford to seem as though they like Trump, since their base is full of ravenous hyenas baying for blood.

Just like the Republicans worked with Obama... oh, wait, no, they didn't.

Ever hear that story about 2 wrongs not making a right?

I didn't say give it up for free, but fucking do something! They're useless. Might as well pick up bums off the street and swap them in for the democrats. Save money and get about the same amount of work done!

There is good people on both sides of politics. Of course they should work together.

What are you hoping they get done?

Something. Anything. Healthcare. Tax Reform. Infrastructure. Anything. Something to get us back to feel like we're moving forward as a country again, rather than remain stuck in this toxic quagmire, so readily evident on this board.
^ pathetic

So, you're of the opinion that doing nothing but fight each other all the time is the way to build a strong country?

I hope you're not a history teacher.

Work with Trump? Fuck Trump! He's an illegitimate president. Remember Merrick Garland.

republican-obstruction2.jpg

o-gold.jpg

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

No, fuck Merrick Garland. Fuck Hillary, and Obama too.

Why? Because they're the past. We have the present to deal with and the future to look forward to now. Fuck the past.

The old and cynical have brought the country to this low point, so maybe some youth is what we need.

The old and cynical have brought the country to this low point, so maybe some youth is what we need.

I support no NaziCon agenda - especially not Adolf Trump's agenda.

Which of Trump's proposals are really that bad, especially to be compared with Hitler?

Name ONE Trump proposal that isn't designed to help the rich and fuck the poor and middle class?

I'm not a Trump supporter. You're a Trump detractor (well, so am I normally, but not in this thread). So you should be the one to go first.

But shit, I actually think that immigration reform (reduction) is a pretty wise move, and fucks the rich and poor alike.

Ever hear that story about 2 wrongs not making a right?

I didn't say give it up for free, but fucking do something! They're useless. Might as well pick up bums off the street and swap them in for the democrats. Save money and get about the same amount of work done!

Totally with you on this one. I was pointing something out to people who are blinded by their partisanness.

I'm a believe in Proportional Representation to get rid of the two party system that is so corrupt and so ridiculous that it's led to the situation now where Democrats and Republicans are literally fucking the country over at every opportunity in order to play the partisan political game.

Problem is most people seem to like that game.

I support no NaziCon agenda - especially not Adolf Trump's agenda.

Which of Trump's proposals are really that bad, especially to be compared with Hitler?

Name ONE Trump proposal that isn't designed to help the rich and fuck the poor and middle class?

I'm not a Trump supporter. You're a Trump detractor (well, so am I normally, but not in this thread). So you should be the one to go first.

But shit, I actually think that immigration reform (reduction) is a pretty wise move, and fucks the rich and poor alike.

Immigration reform? You mean Adolf Trump's racist agenda against brown people? The entire Southwest should be given back to Mexico.

SBmap.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

No, it shouldn't. Because we won those territories. Back in the day, land was considered a prize for victory in battle. Just because we see things a little differently today, with all our multi-layered international alliances and carefully drawn borders, doesn't mean the victories of the past become any less meaningful. Otherwise, where does it all end?

But that is off-topic.

No, it shouldn't. Because we won those territories. Back in the day, land was considered a prize for victory in battle. Just because we see things a little differently today, with all our multi-layered international alliances and carefully drawn borders, doesn't mean the victories of the past become any less meaningful. Otherwise, where does it all end?

But that is off-topic.

Well, if that's how you feel about brown people - I guess Native Americans are really fucked.

Forum List

Back