DEMOCRATS: Van Jones absolutely NAILS it on CNN

So after six years at CNN...NOW Van Jones decides that Democrats have lost their way? Excuse me Van but you're on record pushing a far left agenda...portraying Republicans as racists...but now when it's obvious that Democrats are about to get their proverbial asses handed to them in the mid-term...NOW you're the voice of reason?

Progressives have lost the working class BECAUSE of people like Van Jones! He didn't care about them until suddenly they stopped supporting Democrats. THEN it because a crisis and NOW he's saying Democrats should stop labeling Republicans as racists! Sorry, Van...as my Dad always told me...judge politicians by what they DO...not by what they SAY!
Of course. Of course that's true.

But that's not the point.

This is actual analysis, while 99.9% of the rest of the Democrats are grandstanding and pulling bullshit out of their assholes and NOT doing their jobs

Ranked Choice Voting. It probably won't eliminate 2 dominant parties, but it encourages real consensus and rewards candidates with broad appeal.
How do you get it implement wide scale without primary shakeups of party establishment that are comfortable with the status quo? Also, yes, money will still play an outside roll in which candidates even ever get seen by the majority of voters.

Of course. Of course that's true.

But that's not the point.

This is actual analysis, while 99.9% of the rest of the Democrats are grandstanding and pulling bullshit out of their assholes and NOT doing their jobs
So after six YEARS of grandstanding and pulling bullshit out of his ass on CNN...you're going to give Van Jones an "atta boy!" because he accused other Democrats of being too "woke"? With all due respect, Scruffy...Van Jones has paid his bills being woke! He's the modern version of Jesse Jackson. He's astute enough to KNOW how the mid-terms are going to turn out...so he's tacking to the center to save his own ass!

This blew my mind to the point where I stopped it, rewound it and transcribed it.

vanjones.jpg

Why is the Democratic Party such a wreck right now? Much of it is what I've seen saying since I've been on this board: This ridiculous, counterproductive dependence on PC and Identity Politics. Not ONLY did it feed the frustration and anger that brought us the former guy, it ALSO simply doesn't work as well on minorities any more.

Van Jones, this morning, on CNN:

MAGA are moving right on culture -- you know, CRT is bad, trans is bad, parents' rights -- so they're marketing their right wing move on culture really well. But they're also moving left on economics -- MAGA sounds like Bernie Sanders when they're talking about American tariffs, talking about American jobs, the way they're going after big tech companies. And so by moving left on economics and right on culture, that's appealing to working class voters, including black and brown voters. Democrats don't see this coming. They've over-reacted on the cultural moves, under-reacted on economic appeal, and you're seeing it pay off for MAGA. So this is a very important moment.

If Democrats want working class black and working class Latino voters, we're gonna have to change our strategy and respond to the MAGA threat. Listen, we're in danger of becoming the party of the very high and the very low. If you pull out the working class, you have people who are very well educated and very well off. Those people talk funny -- LatinX? I've never met a LatinX, I've never met a BIPOC (?), this weird stuff that highly-educated people say. Nobody talks that way in the barber shop, the nail salon, the grocery store, the community center. But that's how we talk now. That's WEIRD. And the people who are very low down on the economic ladder need a bunch of stuff. You wind up over promising -- oh, we're gonna give you reparations -- to the people at the bottom of the economic ladder, talking weird to appeal to the people at the top of the economic ladder, and the working class walks away from you. That is the data we're facing.

And there is a penalty you pay if you don't go along with the normal narrative. The normal narrative in America has been, all black and brown people hate racists, all Republicans are racist, so all black and brown people are gonna vote for Democrats. All of that doesn't make sense in the real world. All Republicans are not racist, and Republican appeals are not just racial, some of them are economic, some of them are cultural, and all black and brown folks are not liberals.

Listen, black and brown folks go to church A LOT. You want black churchgoers and Latin Catholics to vote for Democrats, you to do things that show that maybe you get those issues. Which are primarily economic issues, family issues, bread & butter issues. And if you're gonna talk about the cultural issues, you have to talk about them in a way that's gonna resonate with a working mom or a working dad, and not just folks who went to college.

Will Democrats take note? I doubt it.

He only hits it halfway. The real problem with Dims is their policies and priorities suck, and they don't give a shit about America, just their own power.

Average working Americans don't care about personal pronoun usage, where people are allowed to pee, alleged global warming, and how nutty people choose to self-identify.

Maybe we should stop letting the party be lead by old ass white people...
Go for it. The price of poker is pretty stiff though. Your racism against whites doesn't change a damned thing... You'll need money to get rid of whitey. I'm not going to live to see your dream for America come fully into bloom and in some ways that makes me a little disappointed. When people are driven by hateful ideology and are willing to gut the country to win, they eventually get exactly what they demanded. When you realize you're miserable, your go-to of blaming others isn't going to do a damned thing to help you. :eusa_wall:

This blew my mind to the point where I stopped it, rewound it and transcribed it.

vanjones.jpg

Why is the Democratic Party such a wreck right now? Much of it is what I've seen saying since I've been on this board: This ridiculous, counterproductive dependence on PC and Identity Politics. Not ONLY did it feed the frustration and anger that brought us the former guy, it ALSO simply doesn't work as well on minorities any more.

MAGA are moving right on culture -- you know, CRT is bad, trans is bad, parents' rights -- so they're marketing their right wing move on culture really well. But they're also moving left on economics -- MAGA sounds like Bernie Sanders when they're talking about American tariffs, talking about American jobs, the way they're going after big tech companies. And so by moving left on economics and right on culture, that's appealing to working class voters, including black and brown voters. Democrats don't see this coming. They've over-reacted on the cultural moves, under-reacted on economic appeal, and you're seeing it pay off for MAGA. So this is a very important moment.

If Democrats want working class black and working class Latino voters, we're gonna have to change our strategy and respond to the MAGA threat. Listen, we're in danger of becoming the party of the very high and the very low. If you pull out the working class, you have people who are very well educated and very well off. Those people talk funny -- LatinX? I've never met a LatinX, I've never met a BIPOC (?), this weird stuff that highly-educated people say. Nobody talks that way in the barber shop, the nail salon, the grocery store, the community center. But that's how we talk now. That's WEIRD. And the people who are very low down on the economic ladder need a bunch of stuff. You wind up over promising -- oh, we're gonna give you reparations -- to the people at the bottom of the economic ladder, talking weird to appeal to the people at the top of the economic ladder, and the working class walks away from you. That is the data we're facing.

And there is a penalty you pay if you don't go along with the normal narrative. The normal narrative in America has been, all black and brown people hate racists, all Republicans are racist, so all black and brown people are gonna vote for Democrats. All of that doesn't make sense in the real world. All Republicans are not racist, and Republican appeals are not just racial, some of them are economic, some of them are cultural, and all black and brown folks are not liberals.

Listen, black and brown folks go to church A LOT. You want black churchgoers and Latin Catholics to vote for Democrats, you to do things that show that maybe you get those issues. Which are primarily economic issues, family issues, bread & butter issues. And if you're gonna talk about the cultural issues, you have to talk about them in a way that's gonna resonate with a working mom or a working dad, and not just folks who went to college.

Van Jones is an avowed Communist who lives the Capitalist life to the max. The American brand is going to have the upper crust who just know better than everyone else.

Why is the Democratic Party such a wreck right now? Much of it is what I've seen saying since I've been on this board: This ridiculous, counterproductive dependence on PC and Identity Politics. Not ONLY did it feed the frustration and anger that brought us the former guy,

The democrats have it right on most issues but PC is the most dangerous threat America faces, and it is the product of WHITE LIBERRALS who use it to keep the rest of white America and minorities fighting with one another. Thank you VJ

.1% chance is better than 0. I mean, the way we do it now does NOT work.
We are stuck with shit EVERY TIME and it is only getting worse.
You can vote for whoever you want to. There are many many political parties. Vote for one or write in your own. You think ranked choice voting will force people to make different decisions and they won't.

You can vote for whoever you want to. There are many many political parties. Vote for one or write in your own. You think ranked choice voting will force people to make different decisions and they won't.
Force? No.
I think you give too much credit to the typical American voter.

How so? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here - but it doesn't sound like you know anything about Ranked Choice Voting. Have you read up on it?

How so? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here - but it doesn't sound like you know anything about Ranked Choice Voting. Have you read up on it?
Yes. I am familiar with it as well as cumulative voting in corporate elections.

vanjones.jpg

Van Jones is a Communist. He had to resign from the Obama administration because of it. Nice post but we know Democrats are really Communists. Thanks for making it more clear.

vanjones.jpg

Yeah I don't see it like that.
I see his message as "we need to talk dumber, so the less educated can relate to what we are saying"
That or he is trying to say Democrats desperately need to change their message, without criticizing the message.
A cop out.
Also he is double speaking. "We need to get religious issues"?? - Democrats???.... haha... yeah... not going to happen.
And if you tried, no one would buy it for one second.

The assumption is, that if offered the opportunity to have second or third choice votes, the voter will vote for different people. Some may. The majority will just vote for the same person.

Yes. I am familiar with it as well as cumulative voting in corporate elections.
It doesn't sound like you understand how it works. What do you oppose about RCV? Nevermind what you think it's assumptions are, why do you think letting people rank the candidates a bad idea?

Forum List

Back