Democrats want to give school kids 3 meals a day YEAR ROUND!!!

How about get rid of tax loopholes & entitlements like bonus' to CEO's who companies are 'too big to fail'. Tell me why the Walton family are billionares many times over, but are allowed to hire workers at abysmal wages who need those 'entitlements' just to get by paid for by the taxpayer?

My tax dollars do not go to CEO bonuses nor do yours. The Walton's are free to pay whatever wage the worker is willing to work for. You hate freedom, you want a dictatorship.

Nonsense. I want the Walton's to pay their workers enough so I don't have to pay for their food stamps, & Medicaid. When you would prevent a woman having the right to choose, then don't preach to me about what 'dictatorship' is.

Hey stupid, women do have a choice. They can choose not to get pregnant. Killing an innocent life should never be a choice.

We agree on one thing, enough with the welfare. But as for Walmart's wages, don't like it.... quit!

If you don't want them to get an abortion, you had better offer them a better solution

"Not my problem" is not a better solution

The best solution for not getting pregnant and it's 100 percent guaranteed, is to not have sex.
Telling young people to not have sex is also the least effective form of birth control. They will not listen to your advice. Never have, never will.

How about get rid of tax loopholes & entitlements like bonus' to CEO's who companies are 'too big to fail'. Tell me why the Walton family are billionares many times over, but are allowed to hire workers at abysmal wages who need those 'entitlements' just to get by paid for by the taxpayer?

My tax dollars do not go to CEO bonuses nor do yours. The Walton's are free to pay whatever wage the worker is willing to work for. You hate freedom, you want a dictatorship.

Nonsense. I want the Walton's to pay their workers enough so I don't have to pay for their food stamps, & Medicaid. When you would prevent a woman having the right to choose, then don't preach to me about what 'dictatorship' is.

Hey stupid, women do have a choice. They can choose not to get pregnant. Killing an innocent life should never be a choice.

We agree on one thing, enough with the welfare. But as for Walmart's wages, don't like it.... quit!

If you don't want them to get an abortion, you had better offer them a better solution

The best solution for not getting pregnant and it's 100 percent guaranteed, is to not have sex.

Foghorn_Leghorn_laughing.gif

I say BOY....tell it to them Palin girls

Last edited:
No. Why should they?
Why not? Why should THEY pay? They aren't getting any benefit?....
For the same reason that people that dont drive cars pay for you to have nice roads to drive on.

People who drive cars pay for a lot of it in the form of gasoline (useage) taxes.

There is no comparison.
They need gas to drive their cars. Try again.

If roads are paid in part by gasoline taxes, then those who are driving are carrying a larger share of the load.

I didn't need to try again....I got it the first time.
Yes you need to try again. When you show me a road completely paid for by gasoline taxes then you might have a point. Since there are none you dont have a point. Try harder to convince me.

Schools should be open 6 to 6, six days a week, all meals provided so you can keep an eye on them, help them learn to teach themselves, and run their fat little asses off. The parents have work to do. If you actually cared about children you'd pay up for that, but you don't, and never will...
"Pay up"?......Why?
You're right about one thing...It will NEVER happen.....There is no money to pay for it..
The sheer logistics of releasing then busing kids home at the height of rush hour is impossible.
They always seem to find all the funds necessary to fight two wars.

Meanwhile Donald Trump alone is sitting on $8 billion dollars. That's not including buffet koch Soros and Rupert Murdock.

I'm watching shark tank right now. 5 billionaires on the show. There are so many millionaires and billionaires in America. There are so many billion dollar companies in America. Please stop asking where we're going to get the money.
Yeah, we are so rich. That's why we have the small deficit.
We have a deficit because credit debt is the preferred method of world currency. Why pay for something with your money if you can use someone elses and take your time paying it back?

Telling young people to not have sex is also the least effective form of birth control. They will not listen to your advice. Never have, never will.

My five children did.

Foghorn_Leghorn_laughing.gif

I say BOY....tell it to them Palin girls

They weren't mine to raise. But which one had an abortion?

Schools should be open 6 to 6, six days a week, all meals provided so you can keep an eye on them, help them learn to teach themselves, and run their fat little asses off. The parents have work to do. If you actually cared about children you'd pay up for that, but you don't, and never will...
"Pay up"?......Why?
You're right about one thing...It will NEVER happen.....There is no money to pay for it..
The sheer logistics of releasing then busing kids home at the height of rush hour is impossible.
They always seem to find all the funds necessary to fight two wars.

Meanwhile Donald Trump alone is sitting on $8 billion dollars. That's not including buffet koch Soros and Rupert Murdock.

I'm watching shark tank right now. 5 billionaires on the show. There are so many millionaires and billionaires in America. There are so many billion dollar companies in America. Please stop asking where we're going to get the money.
Nope. There are 492 billionaires for 318,000,000 people. Roughly 1 billionaire for every 600,000,000!
How many millionaires are there? How many people make $500k a year? How many make $200k a year or more?

Get the money from them before you ask people who are barely getting by for a dime more.

It's why we have a progressive tax system.
Why should we punish those that are gifted and work hard. Most of them create businesses that employ hundreds if not thousands of jobs.
Taxes are not punishment. They are the cost of being able to be successful in a capitalistic society. Think of it as a privilege fee.

Face it: They're going to just keep piling stuff on, and anyone who objects will be deemed to "hate" whatever group is receiving the goodies. That person wants them to die.

You've gotta admit, it's a great strategy.

Ya, me too. My father was the sole bread winner & there were 5 kids in my family... you know how he was able to do it? Back then, companies paid a living wage AND were taxed at a much higher level... forcing corporations to re-invest in themselves by paying their workers & constantly upgrading... now they outsource & use tax havens.

What did your dad make? About a buck an hour?

If he worked for the Big 3, remember you guys crying during the Bush years about how those guys were all making too much? Remember you guys cried about their "cadillac" insurance plans?

And now you will try to say this is why the Big 3 went bankrupt or why they moved overseas. Why would you say such things? Because you are jealous, ignorant and a fool. But now you will mock and ask if they made a buck an hour? You would truly refer to those days as the good old days.

Anyways, I laugh at Americans like you because instead of arguing for you to get the same pay as those union workers, you went along with the GOP on lowering their pay. And now you cry because wages are down.

I can't even wrap my brain around what a hypocrite you guys are. The stupidity is immeasurable.

Just remember that in 1999 the Big 3 had record profits and paid out record profit sharing to their workers. So don't try to blame unions for the Big 3 going bankrupt. When you send all those jobs overseas and you raise gas to over $4 a gallon like Bush did, you see corporations will start hurting. But I think they did it to break the unions. To get the employees to take cuts.

So now those auto workers are almost as broke as you. Are you happy now loser?
Wow....You are really uninformed. Despite the number of US maker plants that have closed over the last 4 decades, a number equal to or even greater than number of foreign auto makers have built plants here in the US employing hundreds of thousands of American workers at very high wages. The only difference? No unions needed. In fact the employees want nothing to do with Paully, Joey, Mikey and Guido's mobbed up organizations. Just last year thr UAW tried to organize the VW plant in Chattanooga, TN....The union lost. The union then said "well, we got cheated. We're suing". They lost that too....
BTW, the wages plus those Cadillac health plants cost GM for example, $70 per hour per worker. There is no way that in this highly competitive auto marketplace, that is sustainable.
GM is paying over ONE MILLION pensioners....That is one million people not working but being paid wages and medical benefits.
Oh and while we're on the subject of record corporate profits....Oh well, no need to explain. You are well aware the hypocrisy I am about to point out...
Lastly. What makes you believe that taxation forces business to invest in anything but paying taxes?

Since 2001, the country has lost 42,400 factories, including 36 percent of factories that employ more than 1,000 workers (which declined from 1,479 to 947), and 38 percent of factories that employ between 500 and 999 employees (from 3,198 to 1,972). An additional 90,000 manufacturing companies are now at risk of going out of business.

Long before the banking collapse of 2008, such important U.S. industries as machine tools, consumer electronics, auto parts, appliances, furniture, telecommunications equipment, and many others that had once dominated the global marketplace suffered their own economic collapse. Manufacturing employment dropped to 11.7 million in October 2009, a loss of 5.5 million or 32 percent of all manufacturing jobs since October 2000. The last time fewer than 12 million people worked in the manufacturing sector was in 1941. In October 2009, more people were officially unemployed (15.7 million) than were working in manufacturing.

But American companies have difficulty competing against foreign countries that undervalue their currencies, pay health care for their workers; provide subsidies for energy, land, buildings, and equipment; grant tax holidays and rebates and provide zero-interest financing; pay their workers poverty wages that would be illegal in the United States, and don't enforce safety or environmental regulations.

Proponents of free trade and outsourcing argue that the United States remains the largest manufacturing economy in the world. Yet, total manufacturing gross domestic product in 2008 (at $1.64 trillion) represented 11.5 percent of U.S. economic output, down from 17 percent in 1999, and 28 percent in 1959. As for our balance of trade, U.S. imports of goods totaled $2.52 trillion in 2008, while exports came to $1.29 trillion -- creating a goods deficit of $821 billion. Those imported goods represented 17.6 percent of U.S. GDP. The U.S. trade deficit in goods and services in 2008 stood at $700 billion -- or more than $2,000 for every American.

Damn that Guido and Mikey!

The Plight of American Manufacturing

but barry is doing such a great job, esp. with the coal plants....

Weird, after 8 years of Dubya/GP "job creator" policies that lost 1+ million PRIVATE sector jobs and took US into the worst downturn since the GOP great depression???

Which means you're a welfare bum yourself since you're paid for a job that has no social value.. We should only teach STEM in school. THINK
ONLY STEM? Hell I thought the US had enough psychopaths, you want to get rid of humanities? lol

So engineers are psychopaths? HAHAHA. You liberals think your car and computer and cell phone were built by social workers. Humanities are useless and so are you. THINK

So NO, you will stick with your non critical thinking BUT plead with others to actually think FOR YOU. Got it

1. 1.
    a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive.
    "a farm subsidy

historical
    1. a parliamentary grant to the sovereign for state needs.

- noun, plural subsidies. a direct pecuniary aid furnished by a government to a private industrial undertaking, a charity organization, or the like. a sum paid, often in accordance with a treaty, by one government to another to secure some service in return. a grant or contribution of money.

the definition of subsidy

YOUR LINK

noun, plural subsidies.
a direct pecuniary aid furnished by a government to a private industrial undertaking, a charity organization, or the like.
a sum paid, often in accordance with a treaty, by one government to another to secure some service in return.
a grant or contribution of money.
money formerly granted by the English Parliament to the crown for special needs.

Definition of pecuniary aid

Pecuniary
Monetary; relating to money; financial; consisting of money or that which can be valued in money.

pecuniary

My five children did.
The vast majority of children do not have parents that are attentive, dedicated to raising their children, intelligent and loving. Unfortunately many kids lack all those qualities in their parents, and often even when they have parents with all of those qualities they go astray. Lucky for you and your kids, but gloating about you fortunate circumstances and pretending to be better than everyone else is not an attractive quality or trait. So all is not perfect in paradise.

I'm not sure how you meant that & I don't know how much he made... but he worked at a factory that manufactured silverware, a real dirty job. But back then $1.00 was a hell lot more in its worth than it is would be today... which is what $5.00 is now.

Not meaning anything, just asking. The thing is, wages are not what they used to be nor is the cost of living. I think the big difference is that we now pay more in taxes such as city, county, state, federal, sales, school, gasoline...etc. not only to pay for the massive infrastructure but also the entitlements and a huge chunk of money for welfare and a bloated government.

Reduce the size of government, get rid of welfare and families would have a better chance of living on one paycheck.

Now, now, calling me names does nothing but show you to be ignorant. & enough about the welfare? What about those children that ARE BORN THOUGH 'eh? As much as you don't like abortion & seem to always mention & blame the 'woman'... the fact that a lot of little ones do come out of the uterus' of those women, REGARDLESS of how they were conceived. That is why you & those like *you* are NOT pro life. You are pro birth, because to you the fertilized egg is more important than the post born child.

Period.

Ya, tell that to Bristol Palin. Now, your next reply will be... but she takes care of them financially ( part of which was from speaking fees from a tour about the virtues of abstinence that she received b4 her SECOND 'illegitimate' child) however... it's STLL going to happen.... let's talk reality. You are blaming the babies & children for whatever the mistakes their mothers & FATHERS made, & thru no fault of their own, were born.

'Love the fetus, but hate the child' = right wing pro birthers mantra.

Last edited:
Schools should not provide ANY food for kids. The kids should get breakfast at home and the parents should give them a sack lunch to take to school. White parents are fine with that but minority parents don't want the hassle and expense of feeding their own kids.

Federal Government Looking to Feed Public School Students 3 Meals Per Day Year Round

sep 4 2015Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Tuesday that his agency is looking for “creative ways” to give public school students access to more meals, including a way to provide them breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

“We have focused on efforts to try to figure out ways in which we can expand in those time periods when youngsters may not have access to school meals,” Vilsack said in remarks at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. That includes giving students access to meals “across the school day, across the school year and across the calendar year,” he said

Since, when have all people become equal and treated equal. What part of the US do you live? Total nonsense!
Leave your value statements to yourself and go to school.

My five children did.

Yours are the rare ones & that's a good thing they did. But all you have to do is look at the stats. THAT'S reality. Good Christian (or Jewish, or Muslim) homes can preach until they are convinced it won't happen in their family... find out it has. Look at the Palins. Look at the Duggars... I'm waiting to hear that good ol' nasty Josh knocked some young thing.

Not my problem" is not a better solution

Why do the rest of us have to solve the problems of these idiot preggies. Don't get pregnant.

Not my problem" is not a better solution

Why do the rest of us have to solve the problems of these idiot preggies. Don't get pregnant.

You don't have to solve their problems

If they don't have a better solution to their problems than abortion, they will choose abortion

None of your business, is it?

Since, when have all people become equal and treated equal. What part of the US do you live? Total nonsense!
Leave your value statements to yourself and go to school.
We won't have equal treatment until affirmative action ends.

Forum List

Back