Dems eye increasing the number of Supreme Court Justices

Democratic Candidates are now pushing the idea to their base that they will either increase the number of Justices in the Supreme Court or put in term limit requirements on the ones there now.

Imagine that.........They lose and want power so bad that they would try what FDR tried to get their way. LOL

Not gonna happen, but their base will eat it up.

2020 Democrats eye dramatic increase in Supreme Court justices: 'All options are on the table'

It's become the hot new topic on the 2020 presidential campaign trail: several Democratic contenders are talking up plans to overhaul the Supreme Court, with some offering proposals to add up to 10 more members.

Candidates including Sens.Cory Booker, D-N.J., Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., have all signaled an openness to overhauling the court if they become president. And progressive groups are putting their money behind the message, an effort to tap into lingering liberal anger over President Trump's two nominees confirmed to the high court.
Democrats are criminals.
They can't play by the rules so they try to change them when they lose.
Democratic Candidates are now pushing the idea to their base that they will either increase the number of Justices in the Supreme Court or put in term limit requirements on the ones there now.

Imagine that.........They lose and want power so bad that they would try what FDR tried to get their way. LOL

2020 Democrats eye dramatic increase in Supreme Court justices: 'All options are on the table'

It's become the hot new topic on the 2020 presidential campaign trail: several Democratic contenders are talking up plans to overhaul the Supreme Court, with some offering proposals to add up to 10 more members.

Candidates including Sens.Cory Booker, D-N.J., Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., have all signaled an openness to overhauling the court if they become president. And progressive groups are putting their money behind the message, an effort to tap into lingering liberal anger over President Trump's two nominees confirmed to the high court.
They need their own country, one that does not share a border with the USA
You are free to leave any time you want. I hear Russia is nice this time of year and has the sort of governance you admire.
I have a better idea.....instead of forcing changes in America....why don't you find a country that's more suited to your needs and get the fuck out.

I will never forget how the Republicans prevented Obama from appointing a justice.

At that time, it would have taken 60 nonexistent votes to confirm, so your crocodile tears. Personally, I will never forget how the Obama administration let our people die in Benghazi.

Democrats are criminals.

You are free to leave any time you want. I hear Russia is nice this time of year and has the sort of governance you admire.

Go fuck yourself Komrade. You lefty bitches are authoritarian to your core.

Democrats are criminals.

Go fuck yourself Komrade. You lefty bitches are authoritarian to your core.

Coyote

Yo actually think anyone will let YOU tell them what to do?

I posted a few articles last year on this. The Democrats have absolutely promised to pack the court. The Washington Post and New York Times are running interference for them and softening us up already.

Reparations, Court-Packing: Once-Fringe Issues Take Hold in Democratic Primary Race
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...t-packing-suddenly-looks-appealing-democrats/
Democrats look at packing the Supreme Court to pack the vote - CNNPolitics

Notice the dates. This is a coordinated effort in the media to prepare the way.

These people cannot be dealt with in the normal way. They dont share our values. There is no rule or precedent or law which can bind fundamentally dishonest people. They have to be defeated in other ways. And its not possible to do it politically. Take that however you like.
Again.... why shouldn't Democrats stack that court with Liberals after Republicans blocked Obama from appointing a replacement for Scalia while Republicans now say they will let trump appoint another conservative if a seat opens next year even though their whole reason was a president shouldn't get to appoint replacements during an election year?

The democrats see the courts as the a way to get what they want without having to face voters at the ballot box.
No, dumbshit. They need the voters to support them to stack the courts. What they're saying is, 'vote for us and we'll stack the court.' The right is just scared shitless that voters will give them the support they need.

They were never ones to let a little thing like the constitution get in the way. Never mind the rule of law, they'll change the law to suit their needs as they go along. There's only one problem, legislation can't stop bullets and an angry population or mobs.
Great, show the forum where the Constitution says that Congress can't change the number of seats on the U.S. Supreme Court...

Last edited:

Why shouldn't they after Republicans politicized the bench by admitting they would give Trump a third pick during an election year after denying Obama a third pick during an election year?
Obama murdered Scalia.....because there was a suspicion hanging over his death....Obama didn't deserve another pick.
I'll let you know when anyone cares about your crazed conspiracy hallucinations.....

Trump and Republicans in the Senate have already done what FDR tried.

There's a failed attempt at projection.

And since the country is in a population shift that doesn't favor white elitist Republican assholes. That future majority that will rule over those white elitist Republican assholes, will have a court, as well as the rest of the government, that reflects the values of that new majority.

That's a fact not in any question.

Why shouldn't they after Republicans politicized the bench by admitting they would give Trump a third pick during an election year after denying Obama a third pick during an election year?
Obama wasn't even eligible to be the president, jackass.
I'll let you too know when anyone cares about your crazed conspiracy hallucinations.....

I'm actually not opposed to term limits on Supreme Court Justices but lets be honest they would never be putting this out there if you had five liberal judges on the court instead five conservative.

I agree with term limits for SCOTUS as well, but I do agree with you on why the Dems are doing it now
I don’t think we need more justices. But I will never forget how the Republicans prevented Obama from appointing a justice. That was so blatantly dirty.

So was when the Democrats used the "nuclear option". Did that bother you as well?

Mark
Did they prevent the president from appointing a scotus? Yes or no?

Does it matter? They changed the rules to get what they wanted.

Mark
.... and so did Republicans.

I'm actually not opposed to term limits on Supreme Court Justices but lets be honest they would never be putting this out there if you had five liberal judges on the court instead five conservative.

I agree with term limits for SCOTUS as well, but I do agree with you on why the Dems are doing it now
I don’t think we need more justices. But I will never forget how the Republicans prevented Obama from appointing a justice. That was so blatantly dirty.

So was when the Democrats used the "nuclear option". Did that bother you as well?

Mark
You don't appoint a Supreme Court Justice you nominate them and the Senate decides rather or not to confirm them. The Senate Majority leader also has the power to decide rather or not to give a nominee a hearing was what was done with Merrick Garland purely political no question McConnell rolled the dice and got the Presidential election result he wanted. Lets not forget the Democrats were willing to consider doing the same thing during the Presidency of both George H.W. Bush and George W Bush if they would have followed through we will never no as no seat opened up on the court during an election year during their Presidenicy. What we do know is sooner or later the Democrats will do the same thing and when they do most everyone will switch their views on how they feel about it.

You set a precedent. And it is not a good one.

If the Dems do it, my thought is - it serves you right. But that doesn't make it right and we both know it.

If they do it, I won't excuse it. It's a bad precedent.

Mark

Does it matter? They changed the rules to get what they wanted.

Mark
.... and so did Republicans.
And now the moron wants to give his executive orders to supersede the supremes on citizenship question on census

Obama wasn't even eligible to be the president, jackass.
I'll let you too know when anyone cares about your crazed conspiracy hallucinations.....
I didn't mention anything about a conspiracy, jackass. Obama's father was not a US citizen. Since a natural born citizen of the US is a person who was born in the US to parents who are US citizens, Obama is not a natural born US citizen.

Hell, in his book he claims that he was born a British subject. Has he ever claimed to be a natural born US citizen?

Mark
You don't appoint a Supreme Court Justice you nominate them and the Senate decides rather or not to confirm them. The Senate Majority leader also has the power to decide rather or not to give a nominee a hearing was what was done with Merrick Garland purely political no question McConnell rolled the dice and got the Presidential election result he wanted. Lets not forget the Democrats were willing to consider doing the same thing during the Presidency of both George H.W. Bush and George W Bush if they would have followed through we will never no as no seat opened up on the court during an election year during their Presidenicy. What we do know is sooner or later the Democrats will do the same thing and when they do most everyone will switch their views on how they feel about it.

If the Dems do it, my thought is - it serves you right. But that doesn't make it right and we both know it.

Yes and Harry Reid and the Democrats also set a bad one in 2013 when they used the nuclear option to get lower court judges and cabinet nominees confirmed on a simple majority vote instead of the 60 vote. Both parties are short sighted and set bad precedents when it gives them a short term advantage.

Obama murdered Scalia.....because there was a suspicion hanging over his death....Obama didn't deserve another pick.
I'll let you know when anyone cares about your crazed conspiracy hallucinations.....
What I think is more real than all of the hoaxes you fuckers have created.

Mark

Yes and Harry Reid and the Democrats also set a bad one in 2013 when they used the nuclear option to get lower court judges and cabinet nominees confirmed on a simple majority vote instead of the 60 vote.

Yup after the Republicans attempted to block all off Obama's court nominees. In fact, Obama holds the record for number of unfilled judicial vacancies blocked. A huge jump from Bush.

Is this the way things are going to continue? Is it good for our country?

What I think is more real than all of the hoaxes you fuckers have created.

None were as nutty as the birther crap.

The size of the court has been changed a lot in the last 243 ears of our nation.

Changing it again isn't anything new. All it takes is legislation by the congress.

Here's a brief history of the changes:
Article III of the United States Constitution does not specify the number of justices. The Judiciary Act of 1789 called for the appointment of six "judges". Although an 1801 act would have reduced the size of the court to five members upon its next vacancy, an 1802 act promptly negated the 1801 act, legally restoring the court's size to six members before any such vacancy occurred. As the nation's boundaries grew, Congress added justices to correspond with the growing number of judicial circuits: seven in 1807, nine in 1837, and ten in 1863.[76] In 1866, at the behest of Chief Justice Chase, Congress passed an act providing that the next three justices to retire would not be replaced, which would thin the bench to seven justices by attrition. Consequently, one seat was removed in 1866 and a second in 1867. In 1869, however, the Circuit Judges Actreturned the number of justices to nine,[77] where it has since remained.

Since the republicans came up with new, unconstitutional and ridiculous reasons to not allow Obama to rightly appoint a new justice, I see no problem now with following the constitution to change the court. The republicans didn't even follow the constitution to deny Obama his constitutional right to appoint a new judge. At least the democrats are following the constitution.

You guys might want to try it. You'll like it.

In the first 92 years it was changed quite a bit, as you stated it has not changed since 1869. So you are a little off on that point.

So we could move the court to 11 then when Republicans win, they can move it to 13, then Democrats could push to 15 and then Republicans could make it 19,

Nothing that the Republicans did violated the constitution, however it was a dirty trick.

Again the ramifications of playing these games will comeback and bite us in the end. Not sure it is a wise course.

Forum List

Back