Dems Have No One for 2020

The Clinton machine and the DNC kept the competition squashed so she could waltz into the White House. Problem is, no young candidates have been groomed to run in 2020. Republicans have a dozen good young candidates should Trump choose not to run again.

They didn't have anyone for 2016 either apparently...
Gosh, that was so good, I wish I had said it.

May I please pretend I said that and post it to FB?

Amen to that. We are starting to look like Rome before it fell. The same families in the same political positions over, and over, and over. We need to pass a law that prevents more than one member of a family running for POTUS.
I understand that you are using an analogy and they have their limits, but I think we much more resemble Rome under the Triumvirate of Caesar, Crasus and Pompey around 60 BC.

The Clinton machine and the DNC kept the competition squashed so she could waltz into the White House. Problem is, no young candidates have been groomed to run in 2020. Republicans have a dozen good young candidates should Trump choose not to run again.

Most Americans DID vote for her

Really? Go for it. :2up:

Yet according to our election process, she as well as several others since it's inception, may have won the popular vote, but not the electorate and only by the electoral vote does one actually win the Presidency

Wrong. A majority voted for her. A small one. That is not "MOST". Learn the difference.

Assuming Trump doesn't self destruct, it seems to me the Dems will need a populist along the lines of Warren or Sanders. Warren will be 71 then and Bernie will be 79. If that's the direction they go, either someone new will have to come along pretty quickly or an existing Dem will need to able to pivot.

It may seem funny to many, but I have heard more than a few times in the last couple of days, that Michelle is in their sights as a possibility for the 2020 race. Whether that's true or not, or if she would even consider it or not remains to be seen

Assuming Trump doesn't self destruct, it seems to me the Dems will need a populist along the lines of Warren or Sanders. Warren will be 71 then and Bernie will be 79. If that's the direction they go, either someone new will have to come along pretty quickly or an existing Dem will need to able to pivot.

They need the guy that they treated like shit till he dropped out; Jim Webb.

They need the guy that they treated like shit till he dropped out; Jim Webb.
Oh, if only...

Old white people is all the Dems have. Everyone of them is a DC insider.

Old white people is all the Dems have. Everyone of them is a DC insider.

Corey Booker is young (47) and not exactly white

Forum List

Back