Dems kill God

Well anyway, aside from all this thread's scripture-quoting and personal insulting, I wonder if the GOP will be successful in getting any mileage out of this one. Certainly they're gonna try.

I guess the question is, do the undecideds care about this, and how would we know?

I think most independents aren't religious. So.. I doubt they care. I'm sure there might be a few that might go with the Dems just because they *thought* about it. But I don't think it'll be many.

Edit: I mean damn... Romney's religion says god lives on the planet Kolob. *shrugs* I don't know... Whatever. I really don't care.

Last edited:

Well anyway, aside from all this thread's scripture-quoting and personal insulting, I wonder if the GOP will be successful in getting any mileage out of this one. Certainly they're gonna try.

I guess the question is, do the undecideds care about this, and how would we know?

I think most independents aren't religious. So.. I doubt they care. I'm sure there might be a few that might go with the Dems just because they *thought* about it. But I don't think it'll be many.

Yup, that's my guess too.

I was listening to hardcore righty Hugh Hewitt yesterday, and he was absolutely hysterical with glee, saying how this was the death blow to the Dems. I don't think so.

Did anyone in this thread yesterday bother pointing out how much Faith was mentioned in the Platform, and its importance, even *before it was changed to have to literally mention "God?"

I guess that matters. I mean, that matters, right?

So you are arguing that God has always been in favor of abortion? What evidence is there of that?

He loves life so much He provided a way for us to return to life after death.

God killed all the first born children of Egypt. It shows he does not value the lives of babies

This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again.' ”
— Exodus 11:4–6

It was a PUNISHMENT because Pharaoh would not allow the Jews to leave Egypt. It took that and a whole lot more to get Pharaoh to realize the error of his ways.

I'm no God, but I would punish the Pharoah not some innocent babies who did no wrong

God is not Pro-life

God killed all the first born children of Egypt. It shows he does not value the lives of babies

This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again.' ”
— Exodus 11:4–6

It was a PUNISHMENT because Pharaoh would not allow the Jews to leave Egypt. It took that and a whole lot more to get Pharaoh to realize the error of his ways.

I'm no God, but I would punish the Pharoah not some innocent babies who did no wrong

God is not Pro-life

More to the point, the Bible said that God hardened Pharoah's heart so he wouldn't let them go until he unleashed this last and most horrible plague.

The problem with the Old Testament God is that he acts like the villian in a Batman movie...

1 Samuel 15:3:

God, to the Israelites:

'Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

Case closed.

But, it's all about context.. RIGHT? :lol:

People can use "God's will!" to view things any way they want.. :badgrin:

God is not Pro-life

More to the point, the Bible said that God hardened Pharoah's heart so he wouldn't let them go until he unleashed this last and most horrible plague.

The problem with the Old Testament God is that he acts like the villian in a Batman movie...

Simple people needed a God that they feared. One who would do terrible things if you angered him

By the New Testament, people were more sophisticated. God became a God of love who rewarded good behavior

Y'all go ahead and keep believing what you want, I'll continue to believe in God.

I can do that you know, the Bill of Rights ensures you can't take God away from me, no matter how hard you try. :)

Y'all go ahead and keep believing what you want, I'll continue to believe in God.

I can do that you know, the Bill of Rights ensures you can't take God away from me, no matter how hard you try. :)

Wouldn't ever want to. I like your god...it's his fan base that freaks me out a little.

Your god wanted to heal the sick, feed the hungry and pray in private. All cool with me, man.

Yup, you have the right to. It's what makes America great.

Coincidentally you also look like a fool for doing so.

Exercise those rights! :lol:

Wouldn't ever want to. I like your god...it's his fan base that freaks me out a little.

Your god wanted to heal the sick, feed the hungry and pray in private. All cool with me, man.

Praise God!!!

Yup, you have the right to. It's what makes America great.

Coincidentally you also look like a fool for doing so.

Exercise those rights! :lol:

It matters not to me what people think about my support of God. When all is said and done, who really is the biggest fool??

Those who attempt to force others to believe as themselves are the biggest unAmerican fools.

Those who attempt to force others to believe as themselves are the biggest unAmerican fools.

The only 'forcing' going on is you Libs forcing God out of the public square, Fakey...

Liberals aren't forcing god out of any public square - they just don't want their tax dollars being used to promote your faith.

I don't think that's too much to ask. Would you like it if your money was used to promote Islam?

There's nothing in the Constitution that says promoting faith is a no-no.

ESTABLISHING a government faith...now THAT the constitution forbids.

Do you know the difference between the words "promote" and "establish"?

Forum List

Back