Dems want a Civil War

And you know this how? People sentenced to death in the 80's and 90's are still on death row.

Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center

This list of exonerations includes people sentenced as late as 2013. Most have no DNA evidence. You don't have DNA evidence with every conviction. Your fast track system would have had them all killed before exoneration.

Out of the 156 cases of exoneration, only two of them were more recent: 2011 and 2013. The rest were all years ago from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

I don't believe in applying the death penalty unless there is empirical evidence that the subject did commit such a crime. By that I mean video, forensic science and of course DNA. I don't believe in giving executions to people based on eye witness or other unreliable evidence.

That's what ISIS does. Public executions to make a public point. Of course, they don't have the economic aspect. Maybe they should.

Well if you want the death penalty to be a deterrent, you have to provide such a deterrent. That's the idea of a public point.

When somebody uses a deadly weapon to commit a crime, they understand well in advance that using a weapon may involve death. Very few people use weapons with the expectation they will never need them. By witnessing an execution, or even knowing you could be dead in less than six months by committing the crime just may deter you enough from doing so.

How would you address the inequity and injustice in the way the death penalty is applied in the US? Or would that matter?

What inequity or injustice are you referring to? If you mean race, I already provided evidence that whites face the death penalty more than blacks. And if you look at the chart I provided earlier, and understand that black commit 53% of the murders, it's clear they are getting a better break than whites.

I have slammed this country every day for 25 years. Doesn't matter who is prez the american dream which dumb flag wavers bite hook line and sinker has never existed. Get over it. Dummies.

Now, that rite thar is sum funnie shit

And you know this how? People sentenced to death in the 80's and 90's are still on death row.

Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center

This list of exonerations includes people sentenced as late as 2013. Most have no DNA evidence. You don't have DNA evidence with every conviction. Your fast track system would have had them all killed before exoneration.

Out of the 156 cases of exoneration, only two of them were more recent: 2011 and 2013. The rest were all years ago from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

I don't believe in applying the death penalty unless there is empirical evidence that the subject did commit such a crime. By that I mean video, forensic science and of course DNA. I don't believe in giving executions to people based on eye witness or other unreliable evidence.

That's what ISIS does. Public executions to make a public point. Of course, they don't have the economic aspect. Maybe they should.

Well if you want the death penalty to be a deterrent, you have to provide such a deterrent. That's the idea of a public point.

When somebody uses a deadly weapon to commit a crime, they understand well in advance that using a weapon may involve death. Very few people use weapons with the expectation they will never need them. By witnessing an execution, or even knowing you could be dead in less than six months by committing the crime just may deter you enough from doing so.

How would you address the inequity and injustice in the way the death penalty is applied in the US? Or would that matter?

What inequity or injustice are you referring to? If you mean race, I already provided evidence that whites face the death penalty more than blacks. And if you look at the chart I provided earlier, and understand that black commit 53% of the murders, it's clear they are getting a better break than whites.

Whites face the death penalty more ONLY because they represent a much larger portion of the population. If you look at it proportionate to population blacks are much more likely to get the death penalty (as well as hispanics) for the same crime than a white person: The Death Penalty in Black and White: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Decides | Death Penalty Information Center

From initial charging decisions to plea bargaining to jury sentencing, African-Americans are treated more harshly when they are defendants, and their lives are accorded less value when they are victims. All-white or virtually all-white juries are still commonplace in many localities.

Death Penalty and Race
  • A report sponsored by the American Bar Association in 2007 concluded that one-third of African-American death row inmates in Philadelphia would have received sentences of life imprisonment if they had not been African-American.
  • A January 2003 study released by the University of Maryland concluded that race and geography are major factors in death penalty decisions. Specifically, prosecutors are more likely to seek a death sentence when the race of the victim is white and are less likely to seek a death sentence when the victim is African-American.
  • A 2007 study of death sentences in Connecticut conducted by Yale University School of Law revealed that African-American defendants receive the death penalty at three times the rate of white defendants in cases where the victims are white. In addition, killers of white victims are treated more severely than people who kill minorities, when it comes to deciding what charges to bring.

Poverty is also much more likely to guarantee a death sentence:
Poverty is a similar -- and often additional -- handicap. Because the lawyers provided to indigent defendants charged with capital crimes are so uniformly undertrained and undercompensated, the 90 percent of capitally charged defendants who lack the resources to retain a private attorney are virtually guaranteed a death sentence. Together, therefore, race and class function as an elephant on death's side of the sentencing scale.

When you have such gross inequities in the system, how can it be justice? It's not.

Whites face the death penalty more ONLY because they represent a much larger portion of the population. If you look at it proportionate to population blacks are much more likely to get the death penalty (as well as hispanics) for the same crime than a white person: The Death Penalty in Black and White: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Decides | Death Penalty Information Center

From initial charging decisions to plea bargaining to jury sentencing, African-Americans are treated more harshly when they are defendants, and their lives are accorded less value when they are victims. All-white or virtually all-white juries are still commonplace in many localities.

Death Penalty and Race
  • A report sponsored by the American Bar Association in 2007 concluded that one-third of African-American death row inmates in Philadelphia would have received sentences of life imprisonment if they had not been African-American.
  • A January 2003 study released by the University of Maryland concluded that race and geography are major factors in death penalty decisions. Specifically, prosecutors are more likely to seek a death sentence when the race of the victim is white and are less likely to seek a death sentence when the victim is African-American.
  • A 2007 study of death sentences in Connecticut conducted by Yale University School of Law revealed that African-American defendants receive the death penalty at three times the rate of white defendants in cases where the victims are white. In addition, killers of white victims are treated more severely than people who kill minorities, when it comes to deciding what charges to bring.

Poverty is a similar -- and often additional -- handicap. Because the lawyers provided to indigent defendants charged with capital crimes are so uniformly undertrained and undercompensated, the 90 percent of capitally charged defendants who lack the resources to retain a private attorney are virtually guaranteed a death sentence. Together, therefore, race and class function as an elephant on death's side of the sentencing scale.

When you have such gross inequities in the system, how can it be justice? It's not.

Percentage of the population is irrelevant unless the entire population faces the death penalty. What I'm talking about are those who commit the crime of murder.

In an equal society, if blacks commit 53% of the murders, we should have 53% of the death penalties handed to blacks. But we don't. More whites are sentenced to death than blacks based on the murders committed. Because blacks commit three times their population percentage of this country has nothing to do with race. There are just more black murderers than whites.

Again, let's look at the execution chart and remember that 45% of whites commit murders compared to 53% of blacks:

def race.png

If there is inequity within the races of murderers, then certainly this chart shows the inequity of whites--not blacks. More whites who committed murder were executed than blacks that committed murder even though they commit over 7% more murders than whites.

Death Penalty and Race

Percentage of the population is irrelevant unless the entire population faces the death penalty. What I'm talking about are those who commit the crime of murder.

In an equal society, if blacks commit 53% of the murders, we should have 53% of the death penalties handed to blacks. But we don't. More whites are sentenced to death than blacks based on the murders committed. Because blacks commit three times their population percentage of this country has nothing to do with race. There are just more black murderers than whites.

Again, let's look at the execution chart and remember that 45% of whites commit murders compared to 53% of blacks:

View attachment 102546

If there is inequity within the races of murderers, then certainly this chart shows the inequity of whites--not blacks. More whites who committed murder were executed than blacks that committed murder even though they commit over 7% more murders than whites.

Most murders committed by blacks are on black victims. The death penalty is RARELY given when the victim is black or hispanic or doesn't rate high (poor, no college degree, etc).

The Death Penalty For Black & White Murderers Reveals How Capital Punishment Is Part Of The Racial Problem
In all cases resulting in execution in the last 40 years, 75 percent of the victims were white, according to the Death Penalty Information Center. Black people represent 15 percent of victims in death penalty cases, even though they are eight times more likely to be a homicide victim than white individuals, according to FiveThirtyEight's estimates.

Racism and the Execution Chamber

Unchecked by the judiciary, the death penalty's racial discrepancy survived and thrived. Eleven years after McCleskey, Baldus studied 667 homicides in Philadelphia between 1983 and 1993 and found that black defendants there were nearly four times likelier than white defendants to receive a death sentence for the same crimes. Racial disparities in crime rates aren't a factor in this because homicide, the predominant capital offense, is an overwhelmingly intra-racial crime. Federal statistics show that 84 percent of white victims and 93 percent of black victims between 1980 and 2008 were murdered by someone of the same race. But death-row statistics don't reflect those rates: Although roughly half of all U.S. homicide victims are black, more than three-quarters of victims of death-row defendants executed since 1976 were white.

You people will get one if you prevent Trump from being President.
I am not good at english ,who can do me a favor ,sent this letter to president donold trump,t can not ...
论台湾实际拥有核打击能力的紧迫性和必要性
大多数大陆人认为, 台湾必须尽快拥有对大陆沿海14个省24个直辖市的核打击能力。如果台湾被大陆攻占,最终中国将被俄罗斯人肢解(长城以北)和吞并(黄河以南)。
先说必要性:1 部分或全面战争是大陆独裁政权与欧美民主社会斗争的不可回避的终极阶段,让台湾实际用有核打击能力是国内外民主力量以最小代价赢得最大效果的捷径,因为大陆当局走民主的可能性根本不存在。
2对大陆政治的统治集团内部产生离心力,对其国际政治扩张形成一定压力,促其内部政治该弦。 3 对大陆以东南沿海房地产为主的经济给予致命打击。 4 对大陆国内各阶层矛盾起到激化和发酵 ,将老百姓根本利益与当局剥离对立。 5 对大陆军事形成较长时间无法超越的制衡,同时令其外交陷入窘境,发展道一定情况,大陆当局会主动请国际介入。 6 对国内民主力量的鼓舞,大陆人都知道台湾拥有核武器,才会真切的关心政治,尤其是两岸政治,不再做吃了就睡的猪。
最重要的是紧迫性:目前大陆当局对台湾在拥有并亮出核武器前而发动对台湾进攻的可能性在高速膨胀,已超过台湾拥有并亮出核武器后刺激大陆采取军事进攻台湾的风险。事实上大陆已认定台湾拥有核武器,在其亮出核武器前攻占台湾,比其亮出核武器,引发大规模民众恐慌后再攻占台湾而负担的麻烦及风险小的多。

外交辞令:中国是有核国家,台湾是中国一部分,自然也应该有核武器。台湾核武器属台湾自制。

Death Penalty and Race

View attachment 102546

Most murders committed by blacks are on black victims. The death penalty is RARELY given when the victim is black or hispanic or doesn't rate high (poor, no college degree, etc).

The Death Penalty For Black & White Murderers Reveals How Capital Punishment Is Part Of The Racial Problem
In all cases resulting in execution in the last 40 years, 75 percent of the victims were white, according to the Death Penalty Information Center. Black people represent 15 percent of victims in death penalty cases, even though they are eight times more likely to be a homicide victim than white individuals, according to FiveThirtyEight's estimates.

Racism and the Execution Chamber

Unchecked by the judiciary, the death penalty's racial discrepancy survived and thrived. Eleven years after McCleskey, Baldus studied 667 homicides in Philadelphia between 1983 and 1993 and found that black defendants there were nearly four times likelier than white defendants to receive a death sentence for the same crimes. Racial disparities in crime rates aren't a factor in this because homicide, the predominant capital offense, is an overwhelmingly intra-racial crime. Federal statistics show that 84 percent of white victims and 93 percent of black victims between 1980 and 2008 were murdered by someone of the same race. But death-row statistics don't reflect those rates: Although roughly half of all U.S. homicide victims are black, more than three-quarters of victims of death-row defendants executed since 1976 were white.

That may make sense given the fact that there are way more whites being murdered by blacks than the other way around. If you have more cases of blacks killing whites, then it's likely you'll have more capital punishment of blacks killing whites:

dof_race_crimes2.jpg

and you know that how? have you been in the meetings with his lawyers as they set things up? You don't know shit. You just repeat what your far left handlers feed you. You are a parrot, nothing more.

The better question is why don't you know that?

because neither you or I have been in the meetings with his law team as they work this out. Did you ask this about the Kennedy fortune and businesses?

The very fact that there are both running the business and working on the transition is the conflict!

This is basic.

He has not been sworn in yet. Relax, it will all be taken care of by inauguration day. He has a very capable legal team working on it.

Sure, after his business and the new cabinet have worked out a nice deal.

Your problem is that you assume that everyone is as corrupt as the Clintons. There will be no conflicts of interests with Trump companies, relax.

The better question is why don't you know that?

because neither you or I have been in the meetings with his law team as they work this out. Did you ask this about the Kennedy fortune and businesses?

The very fact that there are both running the business and working on the transition is the conflict!

This is basic.

He has not been sworn in yet. Relax, it will all be taken care of by inauguration day. He has a very capable legal team working on it.

Your problem is that you assume that everyone is as corrupt as the Clintons. There will be no conflicts of interests with Trump companies, relax.

There already are.

more left wing bullshit. Trump has created more American jobs in the last month than obozo did in 8 years.

There is no reason why the USA cannot have a good mutually beneficial relationship with Russia.

Straight up retarded post.

So you think Russia has to be our perpetual enemy? That we have nothing in common? That we should never work with them? That the cold war should be restarted?

Have you been to Russia? Do you know any Russian people? I have and do. They are just like us, have the same wants and desires. Putin is a leader who wants what it best for his country. In a few weeks we will also have such a leader. There is no reason why they cannot find common ground. No one trusted or respected Obama, he made the world a much more dangerous place. Peace through strength works.
Disgusting that you hold Trump up as the equivalent of Putin

equivalent is your word not mine. Putin is a KGB thug. Trump is a successful American businessman. There is no equivalency there. The equivalency is in that they both want what is best for their country. If we automatically make Russia an enemy rather than trying to find common ground with them, everyone loses.

We do not have to agree with a leader in order to work with him. The idea that we have to force our beliefs and culture on the rest of the world is one of the reasons we are so screwed up right now, and the reason for many of our stupid wasteful wars.
Obama wanted what was best for the country....so has every other President

You are just too partisan to recognize it

So, creating racial unrest and tension was good for the country? Doubling the debt was good for the country? Denigrating cops and military was good for the country? Obozocare was good for the country? Cancelling the national day of prayer and holding a muslim prayer day was good for the country? Lying about Benghazi was good for the country?

YOU, are the one who is too partisan to see the truth.

This is basic.

There already are.

List them. Then prove that the Trump legal team is not working to eliminate them.

This is basic.

There already are.

List them. Then prove that the Trump legal team is not working to eliminate them.

The very fact that Trump has refused to personally divest himself of his holding is all that's needed.

There already are.

The very fact that Trump has refused to personally divest himself of his holding is all that's needed.
Washington didn't give up the farm....

There already are.

Did JFK divest himself of all holdings in the Kennedy fortune? In case you don't know, the answer is no. He also made his brother the AG and he also held family assets.

Did you libs complain then? Did you even know about it? Did you give a shit?

All this is is whining because you cannot deal with the fact that your corrupt lying bitch of a candidate LOST.

Straight up retarded post.

So you think Russia has to be our perpetual enemy? That we have nothing in common? That we should never work with them? That the cold war should be restarted?

Have you been to Russia? Do you know any Russian people? I have and do. They are just like us, have the same wants and desires. Putin is a leader who wants what it best for his country. In a few weeks we will also have such a leader. There is no reason why they cannot find common ground. No one trusted or respected Obama, he made the world a much more dangerous place. Peace through strength works.

equivalent is your word not mine. Putin is a KGB thug. Trump is a successful American businessman. There is no equivalency there. The equivalency is in that they both want what is best for their country. If we automatically make Russia an enemy rather than trying to find common ground with them, everyone loses.

We do not have to agree with a leader in order to work with him. The idea that we have to force our beliefs and culture on the rest of the world is one of the reasons we are so screwed up right now, and the reason for many of our stupid wasteful wars.

So, creating racial unrest and tension was good for the country? Doubling the debt was good for the country? Denigrating cops and military was good for the country? Obozocare was good for the country? Cancelling the national day of prayer and holding a muslim prayer day was good for the country? Lying about Benghazi was good for the country?

Bush doubled the debt and the right didn't care. Reagan tripled the debt and the right didn't care.

Bush doubled the debt and the right didn't care. Reagan tripled the debt and the right didn't care.
You do know Obama is POTUS...right?

sure we cared. adding to the debt is never good. I personally went on record that it was the wrong thing for them to do.

BUT, neither of them added 1 trillion to the debt. Obama did. Actual dollars matter.

You do know Obama is POTUS...right?

Obozo is his messiah and savior. He worships him. The great Kenyan organizer can do no wrong, he is above the law and above reproach. He is king.

Forum List

Back