Denver and Miami, Most Likely

The fact that Miami could match up against Giannis means that they can match up against the joker. It’s important to keep in mind that the Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks were ranked ahead of Denver to win the championship before the playoffs started. Miami beat both of those teams already during this playoff run.

Spoelstra will go down as one of the greatest coaches in our time. He’s already been to six NBA finals. He has a shot at winning this one. Amazing job by Miami to split the opening 2 games. With the emergence of Tyler Herro returning that’s another big man from Miami to match up against the joker.

Jimmy Butler is never one to underestimate. Neither is the front office of the Miami Heat led by the legend Pat Riley.
The Sixers choosing Tobias Harris over Jimmy butler over will haunt them for decades due to Simmons and the then general marriage not liking him. Harris is an overpaid bum. And the league sucks.

The smart money says Miami is not going to shoot 48.7% from 3 again
Boston series

Gm 1. 51%. Gm 2. 46%. Gm 3. 54% Gm 6. 46%. Gm 7 50%.

In 5 of the 7 games with Boston they shot that well or better. Denver better quit giving them open looks.

Bucks series

Gm 1 60%. and Gm 3 48% Gm

2 games against Milwaukee.

Against the Knicks they were terrible from 3.

Point is they have a lot of games with 46%+ 3pt shooting in this playoffs. Not sure why you would assume they will be as bad from 3 as they were in gm 1 going forward.

The fact that Miami could match up against Giannis means that they can match up against the joker. It’s important to keep in mind that the Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks were ranked ahead of Denver to win the championship before the playoffs started. Miami beat both of those teams already during this playoff run.

Spoelstra will go down as one of the greatest coaches in our time. He’s already been to six NBA finals. He has a shot at winning this one. Amazing job by Miami to split the opening 2 games. With the emergence of Tyler Herro returning that’s another big man from Miami to match up against the joker.

Jimmy Butler is never one to underestimate. Neither is the front office of the Miami Heat led by the legend Pat Riley.
Giannis and Joker are 2 different problems to solve. If you can stop Giannis from scoring or at least slow him down he's not going to kill you with his passing. That allows you to help or double him. If you do that against Jokic he will find the open guy. In game 2 Miami didnt double just played straight up defense against him. He scored 41, but the rest of the team who's used to getting those open looks didn't and they suffered. Whether or not Miami can continue to be successful with that tactic remains to be seen but just because you defend Giannis doesnt mean you can defend Joker and vice versa BTW.

I would never bet on what you say, I’d go the opposite.
I think it would be cool if Miami overcame Bucks, Celtics and Denver. Jimmy Butler will become a superstar in my eyes. This is when nba players make a name for themselves. A lot of people are seeing Denver play for the first time. I certainly dont remember seeing any Denver games this year. But next year their games will be on a lot. This year it was Celtics, bucks, lakers, warriors, suns.

Michael Porter Jr cost Denver game two. Miami decided to let jokic get his but stop the others and this guy sucked. I thought he was supposed to be great? That’s what they said before game 2. Cant wait to see game 3. I say Denver wins. So bet on Miami!

You all hate them for kneeling for the national anthem and supporting blm.

Do I know you better than you know yourselves?
Link? When have I ever said that?

Again, stop projecting.

You clearly know very little about anything including the English language

Didn't watch the whole game but based on what I saw, Miami seemed to play with more aggressiveness and assertiveness. They didn't stop Joker but they challenged him and made him work more. They moved well as a team on offense and defense. Rotated players better and it was actually Denver that was leaving Miami unguarded or weakly guarded in key situations down the stretch.

In game 1 it almost seemed like Miami was trying to figure out who these post-season Nuggets were, trying to recoup from that tough 7-game fight against Boston, and Denver just looked like the fresher team. But Miami woke up, and now we've got a series.

Didn't watch the whole game but based on what I saw, Miami seemed to play with more aggressiveness and assertiveness. They didn't stop Joker but they challenged him and made him work more. They moved well as a team on offense and defense. Rotated players better and it was actually Denver that was leaving Miami unguarded or weakly guarded in key situations down the stretch.

In game 1 it almost seemed like Miami was trying to figure out who these post-season Nuggets were, trying to recoup from that tough 7-game fight against Boston, and Denver just looked like the fresher team. But Miami woke up, and now we've got a series.

I agree. In game one Miami coach probably said, "okay boys go out and do what you do" and then he watched to see what Denver would do and then change their game plan for game 2. A lot of people said Boston's coach didn't change anything from game 1 to 2 to 3. He just said, "okay boys go out and do what you do". Miami's coach decided to do something different. Just guard Jokic 1 on 1 and make the other guys beat them. The one guy who let Denver down was Michael Porter Jr.

Now let's see what Denver does differently in game 3. They have a good coach too. He will make adjustments. Jokic will score 50.

I agree. In game one Miami coach probably said, "okay boys go out and do what you do" and then he watched to see what Denver would do and then change their game plan for game 2. A lot of people said Boston's coach didn't change anything from game 1 to 2 to 3. He just said, "okay boys go out and do what you do". Miami's coach decided to do something different. Just guard Jokic 1 on 1 and make the other guys beat them. The one guy who let Denver down was Michael Porter Jr.

Now let's see what Denver does differently in game 3. They have a good coach too. He will make adjustments. Jokic will score 50.

What's weird is Boston could have - and I think maybe even should have - beaten Miami. The difference is that the Miami players trust their coach, they trust their system, and they trust each other. They're a smart team that keeps adapting to the team and the situation. They keep making adjustments. Denver, to their credit, is like this as well.

I underestimated both teams coming into the playoffs. Denver's run has been more dominant but Miami is dangerous because they don't buckle under pressure. They can deal with a 7-game series.

What's weird is Boston could have - and I think maybe even should have - beaten Miami. The difference is that the Miami players trust their coach, they trust their system, and they trust each other. They're a smart team that keeps adapting to the team and the situation. They keep making adjustments. Denver, to their credit, is like this as well.

I underestimated both teams coming into the playoffs. Denver's run has been more dominant but Miami is dangerous because they don't buckle under pressure. They can deal with a 7-game series.

Milwaukee should have beat them too!

They pointed out on TV that Miami knocked out a number 1 (Bucks) and 2 (Celtics). Two solid/good teams who have played together all year. Not like Denver who beat Minnesota, Phoenix and Lakers. Phoenix and Lakers made a lot of changes before the trade deadline. They didn't have a whole season to play together and get in sink. So the teams Denver beat in the West weren't as good as the teams the Heat beat. Could be some truth to this.

Last night it looked like the Heat can hang with the Nuggets. Now I have no idea who's going to win this. All I know is no one gave the Heat a chance. After game 1 Shaq welcomed Jokic into the Big Man's club. Shad doesn't give props to a lot of centers but he was very complimentary to Jokic.

Oh, and again Charles Barkley was WRONG. He GURONTEED the Nuggets were going to win last night. He is like me. Never right.

If Republicans knew a Great White Hope was whippin black boys at basketball, they’d tune in to see that.

Why did blacks love Joe Lewis so much? Arthur Ash?
Republicans that care about basketball will root for their team, Republicans that don’t care about basketball won’t care. I have not watched any games this playoffs as I really don’t care who wins or loses, just read about it after games, not wanting to take time out of my day to watch it and I’m an independent, I am more likely to watch football but only college or the NFL.

Giannis and Joker are 2 different problems to solve. If you can stop Giannis from scoring or at least slow him down he's not going to kill you with his passing. That allows you to help or double him. If you do that against Jokic he will find the open guy. In game 2 Miami didnt double just played straight up defense against him. He scored 41, but the rest of the team who's used to getting those open looks didn't and they suffered. Whether or not Miami can continue to be successful with that tactic remains to be seen but just because you defend Giannis doesnt mean you can defend Joker and vice versa BTW.
I am no basketball expert, but I mainly wanted to respond to those voices who believe that the Miami Heat Stand no chance whatsoever. That sort of analysis doesn’t make sense considering the fact that the heat defeated the Boston Celtics and the Milwaukee bucks during this playoff run . Whatever people might say about the best teams in the league, everyone will agree that the Boston Celtics and the Milwaukee bucks are to be ranked in the top 5 of the nba …most people would rank them ahead of the Denver Nuggets.

And the Miami Heat were in the finals three years ago. That roster had Jimmy Butler, bam, Tyler hero , and Gabe Vincent, all of whom are still on the Miami Heat today. The heat have one of the longest tenured coaches in NBA history on their team. Arguably the best coach in the east right now with the spurs in the west still having Pop.

The Miami Heat coach seems to be very talented at switching up his strategy when he needs to.

Many of you had MIA dead & buried after game 1? As I said at that time, MIA has a shot, now a good chance to win this final. They play pretty good against Jocic too.

Rocko posted MIA would not win a game? Huh? DEN is not the 83 Celtics (Bird Parish Mccale Johnson etc) or LA under Pat Riley. The crowd is so unsure (new to this) they barely know when to cheer?

I am no basketball expert, but I mainly wanted to respond to those voices who believe that the Miami Heat Stand no chance whatsoever. That sort of analysis doesn’t make sense considering the fact that the heat defeated the Boston Celtics and the Milwaukee bucks during this playoff run . Whatever people might say about the best teams in the league, everyone will agree that the Boston Celtics and the Milwaukee bucks are to be ranked in the top 5 of the nba …most people would rank them ahead of the Denver Nuggets.

And the Miami Heat were in the finals three years ago. That roster had Jimmy Butler, bam, Tyler hero , and Gabe Vincent, all of whom are still on the Miami Heat today. The heat have one of the longest tenured coaches in NBA history on their team. Arguably the best coach in the east right now with the spurs in the west still having Pop.

The Miami Heat coach seems to be very talented at switching up his strategy when he needs to.
When a Cinderella team does what they do, we all expect them to fall apart the next round. But the Heat are still in it. They almost lost the play in tournament for god sakes.

why not? They have at least four good shooters. even better when wide open. DEN is no better at threes?

uh BOS lost a game 7 at home by 20 points or so? when does MIA get credited around here?

Forum List

Back