DeSantis Goes Full Fascist

Work on that comprehension problem.

Anything he disagrees with.

You really should work on correcting your stupidity.
Ok. Let me ask you the question everyone else here is dodging: If a Democrat government tries to pull the same kind of shit, targeting conservative businesses instead - would you support that?

Ok. Let me ask you the question everyone else here is dodging: If a Democrat government tries to pull the same kind of shit, targeting conservative businesses instead - would you support that?
If the business in question fucked up a pension fund by neglecting their fiduciary duties and as a result, tanking their stock price? ABSOLUTELY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY YES!

If the business in question fucked up a pension fund by neglecting their fiduciary duties and as a result, tanking their stock price? ABSOLUTELY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY YES!
I know that's the excuse. But do you really believe that's what this is about? Do you REALLY think DeSantis would be going after them if they weren't promoting "woke" in their ads? Do you really think he'd go after a conservative company that lost money promoting pro-life politics??? C'mon.

I'll take that as a "Yes, I'm stupid and scared. I'll vote for him if he's nominated. I don't care that he's a fascist."
Marketing to minors is illegal for one. Mr Mulvaney has approximately 10 million followers, of that roughly 8 million are minors. Hiring him to pimp their alcohol is the same as cigarette companies using cartoon characters.
Secondly, Budweiser failed their fiduciary duty to their shareholders.

The culture-warrior-in-chief is now going after Budweiser. Does have any conception of how a free markets work? Does he get the distinction between a business and government? At all?

I think he probably does, but he knows this will give the maga fascists hard-ons and make for juicy headlines, so he doesn't give a shit.

Question is, will you dumb motherfuckers fall for it?

Of course you will!

They've been jizzing non stop ever since. Too bad legend in his own mind DeeeSatan's campaign is going down in flames.

The culture-warrior-in-chief is now going after Budweiser. Does have any conception of how a free markets work? Does he get the distinction between a business and government? At all?

I think he probably does, but he knows this will give the maga fascists hard-ons and make for juicy headlines, so he doesn't give a shit.

Question is, will you dumb motherfuckers fall for it?

Of course you will!

It isn’t remotely “fascist” to criticize a company for unnecessarily inserting politics into its business to the detriment of its shareholders.

You could at least try to use words with a rational definition when you post them.

I'll take that as a "Yes, I'm stupid and scared. I'll vote for him if he's nominated. I don't care that he's a fascist."
But you “taking” something in a mindless way doesn’t mean that your take has any value.

And you don’t get to mis define “fascist” as you try to do.

It isn’t remotely “fascist” to criticize a company for unnecessarily inserting politics into its business to the detriment of its shareholders.

You could at least try to use words with a rational definition when you post them.
Like I said, elsewhere - use whatever labels let you sleep at night. But DeSantis isn't just criticizing them. He's using the power of the state to punish them for their political views. Just like he did with Disney.

That's not good government and if the Court lets him get away with it, others will follow.

Like I said, elsewhere. Use whatever terms let you sleep at night.
I don’t worry about the terms to help me sleep. That’s your bag. I rely on truth.
But DeSantis isn't just criticizing them. He using the power of the state to punish them for their political views.
Wrong. That’s the point you miss. He is objecting to them sneering their fucking politics into their marketing to the detriment of the company. The company is the shareholders. The board of directors have a damn fiduciary obligation to best serve its owners. And the State of Florida invests public retirement funds into AE.

You tracking any of this?
Just like he did with Disney.
Disney should have its hands full from a State that had granted the Company a fair amount of self home rule.
That's not good government and if the Court lets him get away with it, others will follow.
You have no clue what good government is.

I don’t worry about the terms to help me sleep. That’s your bag. I rely on truth.

Wrong. That’s the point you miss. He is objecting to them sneering their fucking politics into their marketing to the detriment of the company. The company is the shareholders. The board of directors have a damn fiduciary obligation to best serve its owners. And the State of Florida invests public retirement funds into AE.
He's dictating social norms with the government. Fighting the fucking culture war via state power. How can you possibly support that? Don't you realize that if you give him that kind of power, you're giving it to others, others who won't run things the way you want. They'll use the same legal tactics to force shit on society that you oppose. How can you people be so shortsighted? You're inviting totalitarian government.

He's dictating social norms with the government. Fighting the fucking culture war via state power. How can you possibly support that? Don't you realize that if you give him that kind of power, you're giving it to others, others who won't run things the way you want. They'll use the same legal tactics to force shit down your throat. How can you people be so shortsighted?
Stop. You’re being a transparent hypocrite.

You love it when it’s the Democrats misusing our legal system :: But you bitch when a Republican properly invokes our legal system.

Stop. You’re being a transparent hypocrite.
No. I'm pointing out that supporting populists like DeSantis and Trump is a mistake. It's killing what's left of freedom in this country in the name of the fucking culture war.
You love it when it’s the Democrats misusing our legal system
Fuck you. You know better. My beef here is that Republicans have become every bit as bad as the Democrats. And you're proving it with every post.

No. I'm pointing out that supporting populists like DeSantis and Trump is a mistake. It's killing what's left of freedom in this country in the name of the fucking culture war.

Fuck you. You know better. My beef here is that Republicans have become every bit as bad as the Democrats. And you're proving it with every post.
I stand completely behind my prior post here.

Forum List

Back