Desantis signs radioactive waste for roads bill.

That changed in 2020 under the Trump administration, though approval was quickly (rescinded) in 2021 following outcry."
Dumbfuck
Right, so your lie was a lie. You didn't know that it was banned for decades. Your dumb ass listened to AM radio and only heard that it was banned under Biden.

Now you know.

You're welcome.

I bet you won't tell THAT lie again...

I simply wanted clarification as to what you think the problem is. You need not turn your comment into an attack.

Birth defects, that tells me you have no understanding of radiation or the article's subject.

Simply put, radioactive material is completely harmless, you could eat it and nothing will happen.

Driving over radioactive material will have zero effect.
Somehow it doesn't sound like a good idea.

In Michigan they tried mixing used tires in with the asphalt, it lit up the highway for 80 miles.

That's why we have the EPA, to determine which of the things you mentioned, and which are not. No doubt there is some amount of radioactivity all around us. The issue is if each source is strong enough to cause concern.
Or, that is why we have all the scientific research dating back to Hiroshima. The effects and benefits

It will only take 10 seconds to determine if it is safe

I don't lie. Of course I have no credentials in nuclear waste. I do have the supported conclusions of experts with lots of credentials in that field. Perhap you can present credible proof that radioactivity is harmless, as has been claimed in this discussion.
Radioactivity is obviously NOT harmless.

However the kind and quantity matters.

I'm not a nuclear physicist, but I'm a biologist and know a whole lot about the physics of mutations. Generally they're a bad thing and you don't want them.

The fertilizers aren't as radioactive as the waste from their production.
So what. The waste (which was dug from the Earth), is mixed with other rocks which are also mildly radioactive and blended with other ingredients to make asphalt which you drive over.

100 grams of phosphogypsum "waste" has an activity of about 40 Becquerel (Bq, radioactive disintegrations per second.) This sounds very scary to so-called environmentalists with Liberal Arts degrees.

A banana, which weighs about 100 grams, has an activity of about 15 Bq. And we eat them. And that potassium goes throughout our body and some of it becomes a part of us. It's what God and Mother Nature designed.

That salt substitute I mentioned? 1600 Bq, and you can buy it at the grocery store and eat as much as you want.

Don't be afraid of radiation. Just about everything is radioactive. It's "effective dose" (in REM or Sieverts) that matters.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
So what. The waste (which was dug from the Earth), is mixed with other rocks which are also mildly radioactive and blended with other ingredients to make asphalt which you drive over.

100 grams of phosphogypsum "waste" has an activity of about 40 Becquerel (Bq, radioactive disintegrations per second.) This sounds very scary to so-called environmentalists with Liberal Arts degrees.

A banana, which weighs about 100 grams, has an activity of about 15 Bq. And we eat them. And that potassium goes throughout are body and some of it becomes a part of us. It's what God and Mother Nature designed.

That salt substitute I mentioned? 1600 Bq, and you can buy it at the grocery store and eat as much as you want.

Don't be afraid of radiation. Just about everything is radioactive. It's "effective dose" (in REM or Sieverts) that matters.

Regards,
Jim
Yes. A becquerel is a count, not a dose.

Radiation poisoning starts at 500 mS, or 0.5 S. And, 1 S = 100 rem, so 50 rem.

The conversion depends on the emission type. For x-rays 1 rad = 1 rem, whereas for alpha 1 rad = 20 rem.

50 rem is considered dangerous.

Forum List

Back