DeSantis violated First Amendment by removing elected official, judge rules

Ahh .. if you're interested in proposed First Amendment violations .. look no further than the Harris County, Texas: Congresswoman Sheila Jackson.

Following this it turns out to be a fake thread title which in reality is an opinion piece from an author who interpreted a judges opinion piece which was not a ruling of illegality.

Who cares, he's gone.

and this is why our country is going down the shitter.

Neither side gives a fuck about the Constitution nor the country any longer.

All they care about is a win for their tribe.

• The Republican governor said Warren wasn’t doing his duty by signing a pledge to avoid pressing charges against those who receive abortions or their doctors, as well as families who seek treatment for transgender minors, Axios’ Selene San Felice writes.
Good for DeSantis!

and this is why our country is going down the shitter.

Neither side gives a fuck about the Constitution nor the country any longer.

All they care about is a win for their tribe.
1ca30078-7f40-4bb8-90e2-9b50d5dfce9c_text.gif

Sounds like Hinkle works for Warren to me.

Many elected officials give up personal rights to some degree or another. Warren took and oath to uphold the Constitution and enforce the Florida laws.

Hinkle claiming Warren's rights were violated is editorializing by the court.

DeSantis did the right thing and upheld his oath of office in firing Warren.

You do not seem to be concerned. Is that because you are a partisan who is quite happy to see peoples rights trampled on ? As long as it isnt yours of course.
You linked an opinion piece with a headline that is completely false and repeated the false narrative.
Either because you didn't read past the headline, or you are just trolling again.
And then attempt to make me the bad guy also based on a false narrative.

What a wanker.

Yep, he sure did.

Note the dead silence from the usual rubes who constantly pretend to be interested in and champions of free speech.
Progs invented the term...there are consequences to free speech. There are men and women who believe in good traditional values. And most of them are not what Progs promote of them. People destroyed for innocuous statements or brouhaha.

Yep, he sure did.

Note the dead silence from the usual rubes who constantly pretend to be interested in and champions of free speech.
Idiotic. The court ruling makes no sense whatsoever. The AG was suspended by DeSantis because the AG declared he would not enforce the law. That isn’t his “first amendment right”, he is a state official and his personal views don’t mean jack. He needs to enforce the law.

On the other hand I don’t know if the Governor has the authority to just suspend the AG, it may require state legislature to impeach him, but I do not know FL state law on the matter. But his first amendment rights have nothing to do with this case. The judge seems desperate by using this as an excuse, it will likely be repealed.

You linked an opinion piece with a headline that is completely false and repeated the false narrative.
Either because you didn't read past the headline, or you are just trolling again.
And then attempt to make me the bad guy also based on a false narrative.

What a wanker.
He is exempted from having to provide facts and truths in his thread titles

Idiotic. The court ruling makes no sense whatsoever. The AG was suspended by DeSantis because the AG declared he would not enforce the law. That isn’t his “first amendment right”, he is a state official and his personal views don’t mean jack. He needs to enforce the law.

On the other hand I don’t know if the Governor has the authority to just suspend the AG, it may require state legislature to impeach him, but I do not know FL state law on the matter. But his first amendment rights have nothing to do with this case. The judge seems desperate by using this as an excuse, it will likely be repealed.
Just the thing though...
This is an op-ed piece with a misleading headline.
The court made no ruling. The judge said he disagreed with DeSantis but his court has no jurisdiction to over rule the Governor.
And the judge is biased. In his letter he omitted the part about the fact the AG refused to uphold Florida law, and based his OPINION that DeSantis did it because the AG was outspoken against DeSantis.

This thread doesn't belong in Current Events, because there was no event.
The basis of the OP is an op-ed piece.

So its not just woke that dies in Florida. So does free speech under the authoritarian Gov.
I know that Americans of all political beliefs guard their free speech closely. I am sure they will join with me in condemning this fascist move.
Remind me...did that lawyer get his job back? NOPE...,hahahahha

Forum List

Back