desert eagle .50 cailber handgun

Well there are plenty more people here who know more about this stuff than I do. I suppose they'll chime in. I learned about stance, draw, grip, aim, and trigger pull. We corrected each after different 5-shot groupings. It improved my accuracy a lot.
Not to mention the different firing positions, weaver vs isosceles.

I also found the part where the instructor taught us how to figure out which is our dominant eye extremely helpful.

LOL you reminded me... there were maybe 15 in our class. We did that "dominant eye" exercise. The instructor looked at me and said "I've NEVER seen that". I drew my circled hands toward my face and every time it ended up in right between my eyes. We did finally determine that I'm right-eye dominant (and left handed). I was the only left-hand right-eye student there. I had always assumed that I was left-eye dominant.
Again, after several corrections and a few clips of ammo, I was nailing the bullseye. :thup:

The Desert Eagle is fine, if you need artillery.

It weights 4.5 lbs and is 10.5 inches long. My Springfield Range Officer .45ACP is 2.5 lbs and a bit over 8 inches long. That 2 lb difference will feel like 20 before long.

I would recommend getting a good .357 magnum revolver. Better to carry and easier to shoot. And far more reliable. I have read some reviews that Desert Eagle's quality went way down after they moved the manufatucring to the US.

I would recommend getting a good .357 magnum revolver. Better to carry and easier to shoot. And far more reliable.
I agree. If my wife had to carry that 50 caliber handgun in her handbag, I would try to convince her to get something smaller. There's barely enough room in her handbag now for sandwiches and other snacks when we are out, that adding the 50 caliber would leave even less room.

i do carry a real small purse...he has pointed out there will be little hiding it....i wished he would just take the damn hint....

hubby wants me to get a handgun....so i showed him this one.....his response 'have you lost your mind'? i have to prove to him i can handle the kick......

i am thinking wrist braces.....

Desert Eagle .50 Caliber Handgun - YouTube

I've fired one, twice...... That was one time too many. .45 cal is the highest caliber pistol I'm interested in using.

you are old and weak....says the older and weaker one.....he reminds me i cant handle the slightest pain to my hands.....

I was in my 30s when I fired the damn thing..... Working construction at the time when I could pick up two pressure treated 6x6x6s, one in each hand with no effort. Anything but weak and old......... :cool:
My carries fire short 9 rounds, and I practice with them. I'll hit a target, center mass, with all my rounds on the move and head shots standing still. I guarantee that target will go down.

I've fired one, twice...... That was one time too many. .45 cal is the highest caliber pistol I'm interested in using.

you are old and weak....says the older and weaker one.....he reminds me i cant handle the slightest pain to my hands.....

I was in my 30s when I fired the damn thing..... Working construction at the time when I could pick up two pressure treated 6x6x6s, one in each hand with no effort. Anything but weak and old......... :cool:
My carries fire short 9 rounds, and I practice with them. I'll hit a target, center mass, with all my rounds on the move and head shots standing still. I guarantee that target will go down.

o did i hit a nerve there old man? :eusa_whistle:

well today the hubby decides that i dont need a desert eagle hand cannon.....:eek:

really dude really?:cuckoo:

i finally just told him i didnt want a hand gun.....:cool:

o did i hit a nerve there old man? :eusa_whistle:

well today the hubby decides that i dont need a desert eagle hand cannon.....:eek:

really dude really?:cuckoo:

i finally just told him i didnt want a hand gun.....:cool:
No, just clarifying. :cool:

hubby wants me to get a handgun....so i showed him this one.....his response 'have you lost your mind'? i have to prove to him i can handle the kick......

i am thinking wrist braces.....

Desert Eagle .50 Caliber Handgun - YouTube

I have shot one. The aim is unreal if you can handle the kick and there is a hell of a kick! Expensive bullets though.

+ 1 for being an awesome wife. I have to hide my guns from my wife!

having formerly owned one, i can say, it;'s a hell of a handgun. it also kicks like a race horse.

can you get me a bargain on one?

i am not getting one...hubby can man up if he wants to cc and take the classes etc

How about a .69 cal? This one won't kick as badly..... Black powder..... :cool:

S356b.jpg

Anybody who sez "if I wanna go armed I wanna go big" is either a left wing anti-gun dirty trickster wanting to start trouble or a freaking jerk who ain't got a clue about what it means to be armed.

I have several carry guns, my primary is a Star Firestar .40 which though heavy is small and packs a good caliber. For bigger work, I have a Sig P229 also in .40 and I also carry a Colt Detective Special in .38 spl. A Desert Eagle is way too big to carry, though it looked great in La Femme Nikita!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxg_DjlkaMA]La Femme Nikita (Gunfight Scene) - YouTube[/ame]

I love matilda. (The name of my 357 magnum) but hubby took it when I asked for a smaller gun for me. He got me a 38 special snub nose. I would prefer Matilda though I would need wrist bands due to the RA. The 38? Light light light.

And, nowadays, ya never know when someone is going to be crazy and decide to punch you in the head, or just kill your ass cuz it might be fun.
We are returning to the wild west days and that is just fine with me. Hit me in a knock out game? Better make damn sure I am knocked out..forever. Cuz I will hunt their ass...forever.

And, nowadays, ya never know when someone is going to be crazy and decide to punch you in the head, or just kill your ass cuz it might be fun.
We are returning to the wild west days and that is just fine with me. Hit me in a knock out game? Better make damn sure I am knocked out..forever. Cuz I will hunt their ass...forever.

Wild west days? What's funny is there were more murders in Chicago and NYC combined in one year (during that period) than in the "wild west" in it's entirety.

Forum List

Back