Developing: IP Address of Person Who Doxxed GOP Senators Points to Maxine Waters’s Office

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
There is nothing lower than a leftwing politician.

Developing: IP Address of Person Who Doxxed GOP Senators Points to Maxine Waters's Office

Many Republicans on the Senate Judiciary had their home addresses and phone numbers published on their Wikipedia pages Thursday.

Shortly after Lindsey Graham went off on Senate Democrats for destroying Kavanaugh’s life in order to derail his confirmation, Republicans were doxxed.

The victims included Republican Senators Mike Lee, Orrin Hatch of Utah and Lindsey Graham, reported the Washington Times.

According to Caleb Hull, editor of the Independent Journal Review, the wife of Mr. Hatch “has been receiving calls nonstop ON HER BIRTHDAY and their home address was made public.”

CongressEdits, a bot account that for four years automatically retweets edits to Wikipedia made anonymously from IP addresses associated with the U.S. Congress, said the information was also posted on Mr. Lee and Mr. Graham “from US House of Representatives.”

The article auto-posted screen shots supporting the edits being made and noting the inclusion of private information, a practice known as “doxxing.”

It gets worse…

The private information on the Republican Senators is coming from a computer from the House of Representatives!

Developing: IP Address of Person Who Doxxed GOP Senators Points to Maxine Waters's Office

Many Republicans on the Senate Judiciary had their home addresses and phone numbers published on their Wikipedia pages Thursday.

Shortly after Lindsey Graham went off on Senate Democrats for destroying Kavanaugh’s life in order to derail his confirmation, Republicans were doxxed.

The victims included Republican Senators Mike Lee, Orrin Hatch of Utah and Lindsey Graham, reported the Washington Times.

According to Caleb Hull, editor of the Independent Journal Review, the wife of Mr. Hatch “has been receiving calls nonstop ON HER BIRTHDAY and their home address was made public.”

CongressEdits, a bot account that for four years automatically retweets edits to Wikipedia made anonymously from IP addresses associated with the U.S. Congress, said the information was also posted on Mr. Lee and Mr. Graham “from US House of Representatives.”

The article auto-posted screen shots supporting the edits being made and noting the inclusion of private information, a practice known as “doxxing.”

It gets worse…

The private information on the Republican Senators is coming from a computer from the House of Representatives!
Theres already a thread on this.

It gets worse…

I don't know all the minutia of IT but it seems to me, Gramps, that you would be more worried about everyone, not just slamming lefties and Maxie.

4:20am on the east coast here. Go fishing dude.

It gets worse…

Could you point out where that article points out a specific person's office or did you read the article?

It gets worse…

Could you point out where that article points out a specific person's office or did you read the article?
So you believe it was a Republican? Is that what you're saying?

It gets worse…

I don't know all the minutia of IT but it seems to me, Gramps, that you would be more worried about everyone, not just slamming lefties and Maxie.

Why would I worry about everyone when obviously Democrats are responsible?

It gets worse…

An IP address is basically like a telephone number, it identifies on every device connected to a network (including the internet)

When you type in a website address, you're actually being sent to the registrar to "forward" you to the IP address of the specific device [aka server] that address is connected to. Kind of like a telephone switch board. In such an analogy you can think of the registrar as kind of like an automated phone book.

The article is implying/saying that the IP address it came from is the House of Representatives server. I personally caution that IP addresses can be changed via the router. I don't see any "technical evidence" to back up the claim, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just saying it's not in the article for me to verify personally.

It gets worse…

Could have been anyone... especially if it was on a wireless network. Someone that knows what they are doing can hack a wireless network in no time.

It gets worse…

Could have been anyone... especially if it was on a wireless network. Someone that knows what they are doing can hack a wireless network in no time.

True.

Someone that knows what they're doing can hack a wired network (connected to the internet) in no time as well heh

It gets worse…

You contradict your self you are calling for the killing of a republican on another thread that you started. So evidently you do think republicans are capable of malfeasons. I also hope you and flake run inot each other some day, I bet he beats your bitch ass.

It gets worse…

An IP address is basically like a telephone number, it identifies on every device connected to a network (including the internet)

When you type in a website address, you're actually being sent to the registrar to "forward" you to the IP address of the specific device [aka server] that address is connected to. Kind of like a telephone switch board. In such an analogy you can think of the registrar as kind of like an automated phone book.

The article is implying/saying that the IP address it came from is the House of Representatives server. I personally caution that IP addresses can be changed via the router. I don't see any "technical evidence" to back up the claim, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just saying it's not in the article for me to verify personally.

You can also download certain browsers and it routes your ip all over the world.

It gets worse…

You contradict your self you are calling for the killing of a republican on another thread that you started. So evidently you do think republicans are capable of malfeasons. I also hope you and flake run inot each other some day, I bet he beats your bitch ass.
I did not call for killing anyone, dirtbag.

What the hell is "malfeasons?"

I hope I do run into Flake some day. I relish the opportunity to express my displeasure with his performance.

It gets worse…

You can also download certain browsers and it routes your ip all over the world.
Or you can setup a server on the cloud in another country, and no one will know where you are.

It gets worse…

Yes through a VPN, TOR, or a proxy server.

You can also change the IP address of your equipment ("borrow" someone else's equipment IP) though one could still get "pegged" based on the ISP's IP. If your faking your IP, one should also use free or public wifi so they can't trace it to your work/home.

It gets worse…

I hope I do run into Flake some day. I relish the opportunity to express my displeasure with his performance.
That is a flat out lie you peice of shit. I hope you do to and hope I mam there to see it. I would love watching woop your bitch ass.

It gets worse…

That is a flat out lie you peice of shit. I hope you do to and hope I mam there to see it. I would love watching woop your bitch ass.
Please quote where I asked anyone to kill the piece of shit Flake.

Maxine Waters has a track record of calling for harassment and attack of Republicans. Imagine if it were a white conservative engaging in the same behavior as her? He’d be called a racist and a terrorist; a danger, a threat.

I could care less if Waters is racist but I do think she could be responsible for inciting violence.

It gets worse…

Not really but close. The IP address system is more like the postal system. Youre IP address is like your home address or where you get your mail sent. Most websites have a virtual IP that goes to several different servers using a round robin system, a prioritized system, or like you said a dedicated device. In this case the IP is a public IP used on the internet. There is no way they are going to expose the HOR server to the internet so the IP was definitely NATTed as is most traffic on the internet. Only someone begging to get hacked would expose their internal network to the internet.

It gets worse…

They can use a "Ghost Server" to cover their butts but it can get bust out IP with just a little work, and they seem to make errors in the Ghosting.

Forum List

Back